Ghostbusters is now a Huge success

Take that you sexist neck-bearded shitlords.

houstonpress.com/arts/ghostbusters-remake-now-officially-not-a-flop-8622080

Good for them. More movies like this and less like Suicide Squad.

Probably from people buying tickets to see how bad it is.

Nice damage control.

>Huge sucess.
I mean this thread is bait, it's hard bait.
But it's not about how much money the film makes, it's about if the film was good or not.
I did not find the film good.

>money makes back its base budget
>doesn't make back the other 350m that got dumped into the movie
>"that's okay, though"

Not that it matters but the break-even for big movies is not making back as much as its announced budget. It's something like twice that.

Again, I don't care, it's not my money.

When will Sup Forums posters be perma range-banned?

The majority of critics disagree with you. Suck it.

Dammit OP, if you faggots would stop talking about it. The movie would fade away like all of the other shitty reboots or terrible movies.

You fags who complain about it being made and flopping are just as bad as the fags who are supporting this disaster of a movie.

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

It sure took them a while to make back their budget.

>hurr critics disagree with you
>my opinion relies on people who get paid to write their opinion
>hUUURRRRRRR

Sure, that's fine and all but this is not Sup Forums-related.

Suicide Squad and all that is fine because it's based on comics but Ghostbusters started as a live-action film.

>It made back its budget!

What a rousing success. Oh and by the way

NOT
COMICS
OR
CARTOONS

Ok?
I mean critics don't represent me, right?
Why should I care what they think when it's about if I enjoy the film, in this case I did not enjoy the film.

Fuck off back to >> this isn't co related.

Wow, feminists sure are fucking desperate.

>14 million net profit
>Not a flop
Pfffffffffffffthahahahhaha

It's time.

>158 million
>144 million budget

>14 million dollar profit.
>Profit margin of 8%.
>World wide.

I'm sorry, how is this not a flop again?

This is not Sup Forums-related.

This past weekend the controversial reboot ofGhostbustersfinally brought in more money than it cost to make,topping $158 million in total worldwide box office receipts, putting to rest any notions that it would be a flop by not making back its $144 million budget.

"But wait,” a whole lot of dudes who got way too personally invested in seeing the gender-swapped action comedy fail said, “The director said the film would have to make$500 million to make money. It’s never going to do that! (P.S. I’m not sexist)"

American movies do costa ridiculous amount to market, often more than the film’s production budget. The idea that half a billion dollars is wrapped up in the experiment that isGhostbustersis perfectly conceivable, and the idea that that money will not all be recouped in ticket sales isn’t far-fetched. However, making that your only measure of success is looking at things in a very narrow way.

>Took a month to break even

Nah, that's a flop. Also the movie itself was fucking terrible.

It's not that they represent you, it's that their opinions are more valuable and respected than yours. Enjoy your shitty Michael Bay and Zack Snyder films.

>Opinions
>Valued

Kekkle my shekkles.

>theater keeps 20-30% of ticket sale money
>movie is still about 30m short of making its production cost back

Critics are unreliable sources of information, since most of them are politically biased and will give controversial films the benefit of the doubt to spite whichever group is popular to hate at the moment.

A top-rated review on RottonTomatoes, just as an example, is from Salon.com. Fucking Salon.

Sorry bitch but I'm patrician MCU soldier.

>Their opinon is more valuable and respected than yours.
Well that is their job, but that does not mean that their opinion is correct all the time, nor does it align with my own taste.
>Enjoy Michael Bay and Zack Snyder.
If they ever make a good film then I will.

Where are you even getting these?

>no mention of the marketing budget
>Acting as if the entire box office goes to the studio
Why are people so stupid?

From my computer.

>All Ghostbusters has to do is make back their original budget and they win!
>Suicide Squad must make at least 750 million before it even breaks even despite the budget being 175 million

And "news" sites will run these stories side by side without a shred of self awareness.

Well 90% of ticket sales in the US DO go to the studios. (That's why movie theaters have to charge so much for snacks, to stay open)

>Merchandise based on original Ghostbusters sells better than reboot sells tickets
>Game studio that made video game based on reboot is 12 millions in debt
>"IT'S NOT A FLOP, GUYS!"

Oh?
That's cool I guess.

Holy shit this delusion.

>barely turns 10% profit

Amazing Spider-man 2 made more than 200% of it's profit.

Maybe it just appeals to women more.

Honestly? Their scores should be reversed.

Read the article the movie only made a bit more than his budget but will be profitable because it renewed the interest in the OLD ghostbuster movies and their DVD are selling like hotcake.

>Sup Forums is funny

I thought in order to be a profitable movies should make twice its budget and a little of something on top.

Also, DVD sales didn't save Dredd.

Amazing moderation as always.

When will Sup Forums fuck off from this board?

Ah, the power of expectations
>GB receives so so reviews and disappointing box office
It's a win for everyone involved

>SC scores more or less the same critically and commercially
It's a huge disappointment, heads will roll

Literally the only difference is the expectations going in. After months of angry yelling about what a disaster Ghost busters was going to be only being a modest failure will look like a win to the studio.
Mean while month of excited squees over Harley Quinn means that the stench of failure will hang over the Squad even if it makes money.
It's absurd but that's showbiz

Apparently the marketing budget isn't part of the stated $144 Mil USD production budget. Still at a deficit.

Post turtle dick
Fucking pussy

Bait and samefagging at the Same time?
You are despicable , user.

>Jef Rouner

This is a Christian image board.

If you are unironically thinking this, I really think you should off yourself.

Fuck man.

Title:
>"Ghostbusters Remake Now Officially Not a Flop"

Body:
>When all is said and done at the box office Ghostbusters will maybe not have gotten back every single buck spent making it or selling it in ticket sales

FLOP

The magic of Hollywood accounting

Sure, if you hafta attribute the "success" of a 100 million dollar advertising budget in order to push some extra units of bargain bin $4.99 Ghostbusters II DVDs, you dun goofed.

>a whole lot of dudes who got way too personally invested in

Oh look, it's that patented Tumblr passive aggressive attitude.

>Sony unwittingly finding out SJWs are a goldmine that'll watch anything if "it's justice for [supposed minority]" and defend it tooth and nail from any and all criticism.

This is only the beginning.

Morriganal? Is that you?

Just like Sup Forums and Anita.