Creators of Legend of Korra reboot Voltron

>Creators of Legend of Korra reboot Voltron

>Make a white character Asian for "diversity"
>Make a white character black for "diversity"
>Make a boy character a girl for "diversity"

How much longer until they add lesbians for "diversity"?

Other urls found in this thread:

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/racism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>white boy get's mad that he's not pandered all day everyday

you should suck a donkey dick fuck boy

>Voltron
>Anime
>White characters

> lesbians everywhere in media
At this point gay guys are the minority.

>How much longer until they add lesbians for "diversity"?

They already added a transgender. So that ought to satisfy the LGBTQ crowd for the time being.

You know that those characters originally are Japanese right?

Pidge isn't trans, do you even watch the show?

>Girl dresses like a boy, calls themselves a boy, uses male pronouns.

It's trans.

>Voltron
>White

Ya done goofed, OP

You do know that Voltron was an anime, right?

All those white guys were Japaneses.

Ignore the troll.

>implying the characters don't look like a bunch of white boys with varying degrees of tanning.

That said, you may have a point with Altea, but she's an alien anyway, so whatever.

When they have more than two recurring female characters.

All for the sake of sneaking into a facility. She then hides it from everyone since they already think she's a boy for "friendship and embarrassment" reasons. Pidge isn't "trans" you dipshit.

It was a disguise. She's refered to as a girl and with female pronouns after the reveal.

Is Mulan trans?

>When they have more than two recurring female characters.

The Princess is the only female character on the show, user. Who do you think the other one is?

>Creators of Legend of Korra
They worked on it but they didn't create it or plot the story.

>Is Mulan trans?
If you're using tumblr "logic," then yes.

Pidge you fuckhead.

And men on MMORPGs call themselves boys, act like boys and use female pronouns.

That doesn't make them transsexual. It makes them conmen.

Why don't you like lesbians?
Are you some kind of homo?

All the characters were Japanese in the original, it's a fucking anime.

>Pidge you fuckhead.

Had a feeling you were going to say that. Thought I'd give you a chance.

Sex and gender aren't the same thing. If Pidge identifies as male then he's male.

The Princess is the only female on the show.

Does your cult not allow you to believe in crossdressers?

Why didn't Pidge come out as soon as they decided to become Paladins? The only reason for her disguise was to get around Academy security.

Also, why dud the paladins agree to risk their lives and abandon their homes on nothing but the word of the Altean ruler claiming that Alteans were good and their enemies were bad?

And why were we supposed to give a fuck about Rover's sacrifice when "he" has shown less sapience than a roomba and only joined the team when Pidge reprogrammed him? If we're supposed to think of "him" as a thinking being then "he" was brainwashed into being a friend.

Pidge identifies as a girl wearing a disguise. She goes back to referring to herself as female once everyone figures out who she is.

>Pidge identifies as male then he's male.
She doesn't, though. She literally says "I'm a girl."

Technically all the paladins were asian originally

Wait, are they actually behind it?

Pidge is assigned female who identifies as a boy who identifies as a girl.

Gender is fluid, user, and more complex than you seem to be able to follow.

Who the hell is black?

Lance seems Latino and Hunk looks like a Pacific Islander or Native American.

Not Bryke. The people who worked under them for both ATLA and TLOK are.

The creators literally said she's a girl you nonce.

>Who the hell is black?

Princess.

Only the animators and one or two of the backup writers. Who worked mostly on ATLA, not Korra, as I recall.

Bryke aren't even vaguely involved

>princess Alura is black
>princess Alura isn't a shapeshifting alien whose skin color is whatever she wants it to be.
>nevermind that all the characters from the Go Lion show are actually asian
>or that the Voltron Reboot blends elements of Go Lion and the american Voltron series

I think the only thing I find more hilarious than this is desperate tumblr slackativists declaring Karen/Pidge trans because she pretended to be a boy to get access to the academy.

WE'RE DOOMED

That's rearing gender as a sicietal role, which implies that men and women should stay in a certain "place" and not be held to the same standards. And that's bigotry, you bigot.

>The creators literally said she's a girl you nonce.

See >Pidge is assigned female who identifies as a boy who identifies as a girl.

Pidge is both a girl and trans. Gender is fluid. Get it?

With that hair and those facial features?

Keep thinking that.

Ah, that makes sense, considering the visual similarities between the two. Also good to know they mostly worked on TLA and not Korra, gives me hope if I decide to check this show out.

why are y'all falling for this obvious b8
like are you guys really this stupid?

Why are you so angry about it?

No. She's a cross dressing spy. End of line.

White people are so self-centered they think everyone is white unless it's spelled out for them as plain as it possibly could be and then they whine that it's forced and "too-in-your-face-about-it"

If it was true to the anime there wouldn't be any black characters

Way to generalize us all you racist.

Non-white people are so self-centered they think white people should cater to their tastes at every possible opportunity and then cry cultural appropriation or privileged gaze when they do.

>they think everyone is white

>character is named Sven
>clearly wasn't meant to be white

Suuuuuuuuuuure.

His name was Shiro. He wasn't created by the localization team.

They worked on both.

i dunno. i dont watch the Voltron show anyway. nothing against reboots but people should invent their own histories instead to recicle old shit none beside fans watched before anyway..

The fact that the image you used means somebody liked Korra makes me mad.

Hurts, don't it?

Not relevant to the thread at all

Congrats you named one character who could be white I guess my whole post is invalid

I know, I'm just responding to your statement, which is also irrelevant.

How long have you been a racist? Who taught you to be one?

Damn, (A lot of) white people wanna feel discriminated against so bad they take the smallest things and blow it out of proportion to call racism.
Sounds familiar.

>Hurts, don't it?

Not really, just wanted to point out non-whites can be racist as fuck as well.

Yea, sounds like something a black person would do.

Do you believe it is possible to be racist against a white person?

she's just Tan.

>Creators of Legend of Korra
Wrong, but I hope they include lesbians anyway

>just wanted to point out non-whites can be racist as fuck as well.

Racism = Discrimination + Privilege

So no, user. They can't. They can only be prejudiced, not racist.

B-but you get the coolest gay guy. You get openly gay doesn't give a fuck about killing Batman. You got quality over quantity. If any other minority had a character so bad ass they wouldn't need more representation...

Yeah that's true. I never stated otherwise.

See what I mean?

racisms institutional an whites run th institutions

so racism s a white thing

homie the only genderfluid here is what you about to be garglin ya dig

Princess cultural appropriation can change his skin color, you don't like people complaining about diversity so don't do it yourself.

Uh, you did, but if you want to admit you're shitposting now's the best time.

>Racism, noun
> a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

Would you look at that, nothing about privilege.

And getting to redefine words because they offend you is the height of privilege anyway.

Privilege has nothing to do with being a racist. Stop trying to find ways to explain how you're not a racist such as claiming privilege to be part of it. It's all based on skin color. Nothing more. merriam-webster.com/dictionary/racism

SO which are you, high school diploma or college dropout?

>I know, I'm just responding to your statement, which is also irrelevant.
No, his statement was an accurate description of the entire premise of the thread. Yours was an out-of-nowhere "NO U" based on prejudice and habit.

O boy another white man tryin to tell me what racism is this is always good

>It's all based on skin color. Nothing more.
You mean like how people raise hell when they see minorities being "forced" (visibly present) in their cartoons when they're used to all-white casts?

Based on their track record at the very last second without any buildup.

white boy gets backed into a corner he always reaches for websters lol

No, his statement was racist whining and then retraction when he was called out on it.

Adorable.

>The belief that someone's skin color prevents them from knowing, experiencing, or doing certain things.
Yep, you'd be a racist user.

>No, his statement was racist whining and then retraction when he was called out on it.
No, his statement was calling out the OP on exactly what the OP did, while yours was racist whining that had nothing to do with the thread or anything its target did.

>Challenged on the definition of a word.
>Look up the definition of said word.

Let me guess, the dictionary is rayciss

Okay but it's not a problem because Voltron is actually good.

No, his statement was racist whining and he retracted into shitposting when he was called on it.

It has nothing to do with the thread because the discussion user started had nothing to do with the thread.

Don't give a shit about that. put diverse characters into shit, I don't care. Just don't change established white characters into minorities for no reason.

Here's another (You)

why would they be true to a shitty toy cartoon? fuck boy this isn't titanic

>Let me guess, the dictionary is rayciss

Do you need directions back to Sup Forums, user?

Do you? I'm just responding to racist comments, I've not posted any.

>No, his statement was racist whining and he retracted into shitposting when he was called on it.
>If I repeat the same lie twice, it becomes truer!
This topic literally exists to complain about "forced" diversity. Repeating the "calling me out is racist" lie doesn't change a word of the OP.

I normally agree with this logic (a bad reboot hurts the franchise but a good reboot is pointless because it could've just as easily called itself something else and just ripped off the premise of the original) but the Netflix Voltron show is actually really good.

>the guy in this thread unironically using the term fuck boy

Also I refuse to consume media not about straight white men and you should to. If they can't make money off this shit they will stop doing it

>If I repeat the same lie twice, it becomes truer!
But that's exactly what you're doing.

The topic exists to complain about established characters being changed, yes. Enter Professionally Offended Fuckwit Team to scream racist and shit up the site with yet more /comblr/ horseshit.

You're calling someone racist for a completely innocuous comment and then you whine when someone calls you on it. Fuck off.

Sorry, but this ain't bait.

Black people taught me to be racist.

>tfw the only black user in this thread
>tfw white boys arguin over what racist an what isn't an callin each other racist
>tfw enjoyin the show

Niggers mostly.

What the fuck do you mean who taught you to be racist? Is this like the teach men not to rape shit? Because last I checked there was no rape 101 class

Keith and Lance will be revealed as gays, you heard it here first.

>But that's exactly what you're doing.
No, it's exactly what you're doing, and have been doing from the moment you rolled in here.

>Enter Professionally Offended Fuckwit Team
So if someone disapproves of your deliberatly shitty behavior they're subhuman. That's an awfully convenient "moral principle". I wonder why you're not living up to it.

>You're calling someone racist for a completely innocuous comment
>and then you whine when someone calls you on it.
You aren't "calling out" anybody on anything. You're screaming hate-filled rhetoric at people for calling you out.

white guilt makes people do strange things

Please stop bating. You are proving/co/mbler to be real.

No one likes niggers in their media