Every Marvel issue can be a #1 now!

Every Marvel issue can be a #1 now!

>Jumping on points are also reflected in brand new trade dress. Jumping on points for continuing titles will be labeled with bright red corner box with a #1 signifying the first part of a new story and the story arc title. Similar to what we had done a few years ago with a variety of continuing titles. Some folks loved it, some folks hated it, but it definitely sent a clear message

bleedingcool.com/2016/08/05/more-marvel-now-comics-to-come-and-not-just-new-titles-get-an-1/

There was literally nothing wrong with pic related and can remember people bitching about it. Dual numbering is a win-win for everyone.

I always thought they should put arc numbers on the outside. Makes sense.

If it means we don't get as many full renumberings, I'm all for it. Sounds lile a great idea.

user, this isn't new. They've done this many times before.

Same
DC started doing arc numbers in solicits for all their titles and I was wondering why it took them so long to just do that, let alone what marvel is doing here

Anyway the person who does sales comparison on comicbeat noticed how the first the arcs for marvel typically have a 2-3k jump, so what marvel is attempt might be a pretty smart idea, even if it looks ugly.

DC sometimes did it on solicits and on covers when it's a multi-book crossover at least. Shit should be standard all the time though.

I'm 90% sure this was already a thing a few years back

I like it!

Because it was.

The real question is why did they stop?

Probably because it didn't work, but they're trying again.

Cluttering up the cover too much? The OP cover is way better and less intrusive than the ones they were using during All-new Marvel NOW.

>number 1 comics sell more
>let's just start calling random comics #1 no matter what their actual number is

I swear they've become a parody of themselves at this point.

did you even read what they're actually doing

just say take back the shield part 1, jesus fucking christ

because they were supposed to be jumping on points but most of them were in the middle of a run

I think it's actually a hashtag in the comic.

Im glad they got rid of those ugly red bars at the bottom of their covers. A red box in the corner is a lot less intrusive, and doesn't clutter up the cover as much.

Dual numbering just seems clunky to me, IMO. If you're going to stick with arc-based storytelling, just do "Part 1" and so on. Have "Jumping on point!" in big text, if need be.

Trying to trick people into buying comics is silliness. A fake #1 won't fix shit.

And personally, I think they should go back to the days when comic covers actually had something to do with the inner plot -- and not just that, but they were ways of pitching the inner plot to the readers.

Isn't this essentially triangle era Superman shit?

P.S. Sam deserves better than to become a fucking legacy character.

While I agree, a Falcon ongoing would never have lasted this long.

They need to go back to the days when all their characters were at least two dimesional.

Every singel major player from the early days of Marvel had more humanity than what they're slinging now. And while their enemeies may have been occasionally political, their issues were intenesly personal. cap,was haunted by a past he had forever lost; Pete had Aunt May, Girls, Bills and his own sociopathy to contend with, the FF were brought together and torn apart all at once by their mutual past and tangles of repsonsiblity and love. Thor continually fought between familial responsiblities and his own desires .

Now there are like 6 Thors, 2 captain Americas, 73 Spider people and 40 Gwens.
Who could possibly give a fuck?

I know, man, but Madbomb is like my first Comic, and Falcon was my favorite thing about it. i can't let go.

As a kid, my initial thought seeing big issue numbers was "this lasted a hundred issues? I'm curious to see why."

this shit to this day is fucking confusing and i despise the decission since it jumped back to the original numeration anyway, it´s like suddendly they reverted back just to celebrate ASM 800

Fuck it, better than relaunching after every arc

>before: #459
>These days: #1 of 5 023.NOW
Holy shit and they thing this is LESS confusing