Best DC Animated Movie?

Best DC Animated Movie?

Under the Red Hood or JLA Doom

I would still put Under the Red Hood above it. Maybe New Frontier.

I have issues with them making Steve an asshole instead of best boy but it could have been worse.

The most "fun" in any case. Although Geriatric Batman voice didn't do it for me.

New Frontier and the two Green Lantern movies are up there too.

World's Finest

Not a movie, just a 3 episode STAS arc

They released it as a movie too.

If we're counting the DCAU stuff then Mask of the Phantasm. Otherwise it's Under the Red Hood all the way.

This was great but the third act felt pretty week to me.

Acceptable.

They put it on a DVD without context but that doesn't make it a movie. They did the same for JL Starcrossed.

It's just a trick to get money from people who don't know it's better value to buy the season or series box set.

I would put Return of the Joker over Phantasm tbqh

This was just let's make the justice league edgy and shit on the new gods! Not a fan.

Crisis on Two Earths and the GL movies.

And threw away basically all the DC scientists too

My personal favorites are Year One, DKR, Assault on Arkham, UTRH, and Flashpoint.

Do you guys recommend Doom and Wonder Woman? Those are some of the only ones I haven't seen yet.

Do you guys think DC could win some ground if they actually made a really good animated movie, bigger budget and longer and etc, and showed it in cinemas?

No, for the simple fact that it's animated. If you made it a straight up goofy comedy, and made it CGI, then it'd be a different story.

They are doing that with Lego Batman next year

>Crisis on Two Earths
>Under the Red Hood
>Year One
>Gods and Monsters

It was a perfectly legitimate Elseworlds, especially one for the DCAU as a whole.

In fact, even among all the comic book Elseworlds, it stands out as one of the best and most creative.

Shitting on the New Genesis New Gods like that was kinda dumb and they were out of character, sure, but it was otherwise fantastic. It wasn't even 'that' edgy, since Mexican Superman, Langstrom, and Bekka were all actually fairly compassionate, if a little pragmatic.

Bekka was waifu material btw.

Thats horrible boxart

Doom is great, but Wonder Woman did nothing for me. Still pretty good, but I'll take Assault on Arkham and Crisis on Two Earths over it.

Reminder that bats killed two dudes in the movie

Not him but to me it felt like a generic Elseworlds and repeated the flaws of most of them too (mainly since the universe doesn't have status quo they treat side characters as disposable). Didn't really do anything particularly interesting either.

>"It doesn't matter"

What did he mean by this

>Didn't really do anything particularly interesting either.
I disagree. I thought having slightly different takes on the Trinity who were similar to the originals, but different due to their personalities and experiences were interesting.

I thought the plot was overall pretty cool too.

Thanks user. I see WW recommended all the time but I'm not a huge WW fan so I wasn't sure if it was worth the watch.

It doesn't matter.

But Vampirebatman didn't get his waifu in the end

all the Batman movies are fucking shit

I can't beleive someone could say Under the Red Hood, that movie pisses me off so much, there is literally no reason why Joker should have survived that movie plus Batman using his magic powers to dodge bullets after they've already reached him halfway is why I hate DC these days

Go back to Sup Forums