Why is Chinese audiences so shallow and vapid?

Is it because of communism?

For all the criticism TLJ got in the West, at least we weren't shitting on it for having "ugly" actors since that's utterly irrelevant to the story. Literally no one here was looking at the actors and thinking they were too ugly for the big screen because THAT MAKES NO SENSE.

Seriously, will China be the cancer that kills Hollywood?

based chinks

based chinks

Ironic, since chinese people are ugly as fuck

based chinks

Ironic, since british people are ugly as fuck

China doesn't allow many western films into their market to protect their domestic film industry/the handle they have on pop culture. It's likely that their attractiveness wasn't the actual reason behind it, but it's probably less offensive than 'it features an Asian-black couple and we don't want Guangzhou to explode again' or some other rationale.

And also China's right desu, they're all pretty unattractive, especially the villain and the black guy.

>For all the criticism TLJ got in the West, at least we
>we
>thainonce

Based Chinese.

I don't like to see ugly people in movies either.

>all 3d world countries, just like china

Hmmm

>I don't like to see ugly people in movies either

Me neither. I already see plenty of ugly/average people on daily basis

based chinks

What the fuck were they thinking when they cast that Vietnamese girl?

Currently at an airport, Zohan. :)

Apparently they don't like star wars in general because of the force. 'Spirits' and things like that freak them out - there are no ghost horror films in China because of the way they see their dead

You are the one to talk suicide capital of Yurop.

They loved "Coco" though, which literally takes place in the "land of the dead" (a concept created by the movie, but meh, everything else was on point).

i remember being at a friend from hong kong's house when they were just moving in and they left bottles of lucozade and boost bars all over the place because supposedly it bribes off ghosts

How were the cunnys?

Don't know, this is just layover on my way to Singapore.

I thought that that chink was quite cute in LJ. Shit movie otherwise tho.

China is the Cancer that is Hollywood. For a few decades Chinese aspiration will mean that they expect to receive visions of western glamour and spectacle through movies, pop music, etc. Hollywood will adapt by changing its dross to more closely match that Chinese expectation for everything to be the cultural equivalent of a Louis Vuitton bag.

Wew

Oh, I don't know the rules just what I heard

But China is a 2nd world country you mong.

most chinks are just there to see explosions and fighting and shit, they don't give a single fuck about the plot of western films.

it's the reasons the transformers films kept getting made despite declining domestic box office.

>Literally no one here was looking at the actors and thinking they were too ugly for the big screen

speak for yourself, uggo

>Grim Fandango lied to me about Mesoamerican syncretist beliefs about the afterlife

That's not a term used by political scientists or economists anymore, especially since they refer to Cold War allegiences. The word you're looking for is Newly Industrialized, which is between Developing and Developed status.

You know that ugly black and fat Asian had no place in that already ridiculous movie. Now, it's just insulting. Fucking Jews, always looking for new avenues of culture to degrade and profane.

Musical.ly is Chinese and yet it's only popular in the West and they want to keep it that way, they are even investing into making it to go through the South East Asian market, but still they don't seem to be very interested in China overall.

He's right in the sense that in the West it's at least politically incorrect to express this sentiment out loud, or seen as embarrassingly shallow

China is a totalitarian state set up somewhat in opposition to the industrially mature liberal democracies in terms of pursuing power within the developing world. They have the same role as the Russkies did as leader of the Second World.

I literally just saw this post in Sup Forums

Grim Fandango is most chicano thing I have ever seen.

>visual media not pleasing to the eye
>hurrr you're shallow for not liking it

fuck off.

>Totalitarian
Authoritarian.

>Totalitarian regimes are different from authoritarian ones. The latter denotes a state in which the single power holder – an individual "dictator", a committee or a junta or an otherwise small group of political elite – monopolizes political power. "[The] authoritarian state ... is only concerned with political power and as long as that is not contested it gives society a certain degree of liberty."

If China were totalitarian, they'd probably rarely even be allowed to leave their country or enjoy foreign media (see North Korea).

They're right though. I'm not gonna pay to look at something ugly for over two hours, I have a mirror. The actors are a part of the visuals, and if the ugliness isn't diegetic (like for Gollum) it just takes me out of the experience.

ugly people should be genocided or forced into slavery

>flag

Formerly totalitarian, now authoritarian but only 2 steps away from returning to totalitarianism.

Americans like to imagine Mexico as some sort of mystical place full of wise abuelas who dispense ancient Aztec wisdom colored with Catholicism or some shit.

It's a fucking mess.

based chinks