Hey kids!

>Hey kids!
>It's NEW Star Wars Cunty-O's!
>Made with 100% recycled food products

But seriously folks, why does everyone hate Rey?

Even on a still image, you can tell she can't act

because she is a bland mary sue

Mary sue character, badly acted.

It literally doesn't matter if Rey's character and abilities are qualified in the sequel. That argument has no baring on her being a Mary Sue. If she is revealed to be literal space god, it doesn't change the fact that characters like that are BORING. They're unrelatable.

Neo from The Matrix is a perfect example of a protagonist in a fantasy setting done well. There is extreme tension in his final confrontation with Smith. We FEAR for him because up until that point we've witnessed his SHORTCOMINGS and WEAKNESSES. The movie has established that he's not perfect which makes his final fight far more ENGAGING. The odds are stacked against him. In the end he is revealed to be The One; effectively a god with the film's reality. But the reason we route for him and become invested is because we've seen him fail the jump. We've watched Morpheus beat the shit out of him. We've watched Trinity save him on the rooftop and we've been shown the Oracle to know far more than him and give him guidance. The One effectively gets his hand held by Morpheus and Trinity throughout the movie. It makes the payoff of his succeeding far more SATISFYING.

Rey doesn't have these moments. At all. People don't dislike her because she's a woman BUT being a woman is a big part of the reason why she is the way she is. In the current social and cultural landscape, JJ and Kennedy were so afraid of being accused of creating a 'weak' female charcater that they went too far the other way.

And, on a side note, any movie that can't stand up in its own right as a good film and relies on sequels to clarify massive holes in the protagonist's characterisation, has failed in the presentation of that character.

Star Wars is a space soap opera for kids and teenagers. Rey isn't supposed to be a complex and well written character, she's there to look pretty and to serve as inspiration for young girls.

>everyone hate Rey

Can this meme end?

does she have an underbite or does she purposely stick her bottom teeth out when she 'acts'

while i agree with what you said, capitalizing words for emphasis is a sign of a redditor and i would like to ask you to return to that website immediately

YOU'RE A MUNSTA

>that thing with a leaf
FORCE TREE CONFIRMED

*reads Sup Forums infiltration handbook*

shut up, cuck

i think she's cute and likeable when she squints and pulls that monstrous xenomorph smile, but when she does that serious blank open-mouth face in the movies then she's kinda unlikeable and stupid

>Rey doesn't have these moments.
Are you retarded or have you simply not seen the film?

I'd like to eat her Cunty-Os.

It seems only bitter omega males don't like her which is hardly surprising

I wanna fug Jynn Urso

you posted this yesterday

she's a self-insert Mary Sue for Kathleen Kennedy

Where in the film does she have these moments precisely?

She's an ace pilot, despite us never seeing her fly before. She manages the mind trick on the guy guarding her on her second try, and manages to beat a guy trained in lightsaber combat despite never picking one up before.

You forgot the part where Neo literally fucking died.

>why does everyone hate Rey

You're mistaking the demographics of bitter Sup Forums autists with that of the general consumer base of Star Wars movies.

>99cents

I remember those boxes being at Walmart for $2.99.

I guess they shipped them all off to the Dollar store like they do with a lot of seasonal cereals that don't sell very well.

I think you need to stop being an online SJW, and get out more. Her shit doesn't sell.
Normal people and children don't give a fuck about her as a character. If anything Sup Forums has a boner for her, and keep her relevant with threads like this one.

>she's there to look pretty
She isn't even pretty. Average at best.

>and to serve as inspiration for young girls.
Bullshit. If that was the case then Anakin should have never become Darth Vader to present a good example for the kids. Even Luke struggled from time to time, and that doesn't erase his status as the hero.

A bland mary sue isn't a good example for anyone, and never will.

She really is a true mary sue that's the most jarring part of the movie aside from making doe eyes at the nigger. Being able to fly the millenium falcon as good as Han Solo by herself and having master lightsaber skills after having not touched one is ridiculous.

>She's an ace pilot
She almost crashes the falcon like twice and wouldn't have gotten away if it weren't for Finn shooting down the First Order pilots.

>never seeing her fly before
So? We never see Luke fly before the assault on the Death Star, but we're told that apparently he's a good pilot.

>She manages the mind trick on the guy guarding her on her second try
The only outlandish thing she does in the film, but its implied she indirectly learned how to get into other people's minds when Kylo tries to mind rape her

>manages to beat a guy trained in lightsaber
Kylo wasn't trying to kill her, and the film was clearly setting him up to lose

She never does, really. All of her supposed "flaws" never present an obstacle, and the few problems she faces through the film are minor inconveniences that she solves, by herself, in a matter of minutes.

>but its implied she indirectly learned how to get into other people's minds when Kylo tries to mind rape her
bullshit
>Kylo wasn't trying to kill her, and the film was clearly setting him up to lose
again pure bullshit
>She almost crashes the falcon like twice and wouldn't have gotten away if it weren't for Finn shooting down the First Order pilots.
"""almost""" Na she have everything under control, and I'm sure she could have beat these nu-imperials with his mary sue powers.

>She almost crashes the falcon like twice and wouldn't have gotten away if it weren't for Finn shooting down the First Order pilots.
The ship is sluggish getting off the ground. Nothing Han hadn't dealt with himself. Finn is only able to shoot down the TIEs because Rey's superior piloting is able to put them dead center in the cross hairs.

>we're told that apparently he's a good pilot.
Several times, by multiple characters. We're never even told Rey has flown anything before until she's literally firing up the ship. Because TFA prefers some cheap joke reveal to actual character building.

>but its implied she indirectly learned how to get into other people's minds when Kylo tries to mind rape her
And that's retarded shit that only a character divorced from any reasonable sense of progression would be capable of.

>Kylo wasn't trying to kill her, and the film was clearly setting him up to lose
And that's terrible. You don't set up your primary villain to lose to some amateur in the first movie of a trilogy. You've completely undermined the threat. Literally the only thing preventing Rey's complete victory was the planet splitting in two.

> but its implied she indirectly learned how to get into other people's minds when Kylo tries to mind rape her
This is the same person that thought the Jedi were a legend and didn't even believe Luke Skywalker existed, much less the force. It's bullshit, user.

Also, putting her bullshit abilities aside, what makes Rey a mary sue is that everyone, and I mean everyone, wants her. Han likes her instantly and offers her a job by his side, Finn is crushing over her the moment he meets her, Kylo is also crushing over her after a few minutes of interaction, Snoke wants to train her, Leia ignored Chewie to hug her when Han died, by the end the entire Resistance is cheering for her despite neither of them knowing her. Half of these people have no reasons to instantly like her the way they do because Rey is a total stranger to them, as far as they know.

But nooooo, everyone that slightly interacts with Rey loves her instantly and wants her to fight by their side, because she's just *that* good!

And now, she fills the roles of Han, Leia and Luke at the same time. She just isn't a "strong female character", is just that Rey, in particular, is a special snowflake that everyone loves and is good at literally everything.

>implied she indirectly learned how to get into other people's minds when Kylo tries to mind rape her
So if a butcher chops your arm off - youll learn a lot about meat and chopping\cutting\slicing it?

I like Rey. I like her ears

>Sup Forums hates this

>3/4 cup roughly = 21g
>9g of sugar
>43% of the cereal is sugar

I wonder why there are obesity and diabetes epidemics in the US?
You people disgust me.

DUDE I HATE WOMEN LMAO

The problem is that Rey can just sit down in the Millenium Falcon and instantly become an expert in it without any real character progression to the point of telling Han about it. A lot of this could be tolerated but they definitely go out of their way to say look here is a strong female character.
> The only outlandish thing she does in the film, but its implied she indirectly learned how to get into other people's minds when Kylo tries to mind rape her
The problem is that there is no character progression there again she can just instantly learn how to do the jedi mind trick with no training. This is a trend which makes her character ridiculous and boring.
> Kylo wasn't trying to kill her, and the film was clearly setting him up to lose
Kylo isn't even the issue that is a deflection, his wound could have absolutely horrendous but that wouldn't change what Rey did . The fact that she can even get the lightsaber to fly to here through the force, despite no training, much less when Kylo was also trying to grab it is ridiculous. The rest of the scene gets even more ridiculous she is instantly an expert in everything.

I am honestly expecting her to train Luke in the next movie but we know for sure that won't happen because what happens in these shitquels is whatever happened in the original trilogy before again rehashed rather then what makes sense so surely they will rehash the yoda training scene with no originality whatsover.