Honest working man put out of business by big government bureaucratic expansion

>honest working man put out of business by big government bureaucratic expansion
>has to bend a few rules due to insane regulations to put food on the table for his family
>gives Peter an honest out and probably even would have let him continue to see his daughter
>is the movie's """villain"""

Why are us libertarians always painted in a negative light by Hollyweird?

>you will never see the inverted version of Homecoming where Vulture and his crew are involved in Mission Impossiblesque heists while he has to deal with the fact his daughter wants to fugg the bugkid who is making his job harder

Didn't watch the movie but that actually sounds like a fantastic backstory/motivation for the villain character. Didn't expect the MCU to have that.

Libertarian?

He was basically a blue-collared Trump supporter. I bet he even wants to fuck his cocoa daughter like Drumphy.

TWO WINGS!

>Boo hoo hoo, I lost my job
Get another one
>No! The government should give me my old job back!
That's fucking stupid.
>Waahh I hate rich people! I'm going to steal stuff now!

Yeah, real "libertarian".

>I lost my job

It's more than that, Toomes got a huge contract to salvage the chitauri wreckage and had to purchase a shitton of his own equipment and bring on a bunch of extra hands to perform the work. Then Stark's crew came in, told them all to fuck off and didn't reimburse Toomes for his huge investment

dude would have lost his house and basically gone bankrupt had he not turned to crime

Boofuckinghoo.

>the goverment decided to not let random joes scrap a ALIEN BATTLEFIELD
man fuck that its not like I can literally continue to do my job and got compensation for it somewhere else.
I guess there is no alternative but to sell high tech wepons to criminals and murder dudes. Fuck stark for shitting on the little guy, I just sell alien guns to warlords, thats much better for the working man!

He was kind of painted as an unfortunate casualty, it was tied in to Peter's working for the little guy, after he saw what happens to them by all the big guys like the Avengers.

That was kind of the point many people missed.

He got a contract and they just disregarded it, he asked for compensation and they said "not my problem".

That was kind of the point of Stark not giving a shit for the individual and only caring about the greater good.

Yes libertarians, the only thing the government should be in charge of is getting them a girlfriend.

Its called pressing in court for compensation, and he could have stopped running guns at any time after making the first batch and go back to his own job.
But he didnt, he chose to keep making dangerous guns and gadgets for criminals not caring who they might hurt. Its like selling coke to get yourself out of poverty but then becoming a druglord instead of using it as a stopover for a real job.
He made his choice on the backs of the dead for being lightly screwed over by bureaucracy that he never tried to upturn.

>Government steals something that was legitimately his
>Doesn't reimburse him (that's not only illegal, it's immoral)
>Somehow "boofuckinghoo" makes sense in your mind
Put a bullet in your skull. I bet you're a welfare queen.

>Its called pressing in court for compensation

It's a movie, not a real life situation.

>But he didnt, he chose to keep making dangerous guns and gadgets for criminals not caring who they might hurt.

Yes, he went down a dark path, that's the point.

>for being lightly screwed over by bureaucracy that he never tried to upturn

It's a movie, do you expect it to show you a 2 hour lengthy court battle of him being denied so it can get to the point where he was reduced to crime?

This. Peter agreed with the Vulture, just not the way he went about it. Certainly more complex than "bay guy bad"

>But he didnt, he chose to keep making dangerous guns and gadgets for criminals not caring who they might hurt

So he's Tony Stark

Why does Bruce Wayne in need of a job

Did the twist that he's whatshername's father surprise everyone? I was genuinely surprised.

He makes this exact point in the movie.

>has to bend a few rules
This nigga was trying to kill a teenage boy

Yes, and it was great because I thought I knew the entire fucking movie from the trailers so it was great to be shocked for a minute.

Okay so he was a little naughty

Yeah it actually is. (slight spoilers follow)

The whole point is that both the Vulture and Peter Parker are struggling working class / lower middle class dudes that has taken more than one blow in their life, yet they're also resilient and gifted men. Peter chooses to use his gift and talents for good and to help other people, while Vulture turns to life of crime. Of course like any good - tire villian he choices are arguably justified (at least by his own morals) and he does help his crew and family, but regardless people are still getting killed and hurt because of him.

There's also a sort of dualistic relationship to Stark here, where he affects their life Postive (peter) and Negative (vulture). Peter struggles though the whole movie to be like Stark whom he admires, while Stark is a man, or more a persona in general, that the Vulture despises. However, in the end Peter undertands and sympathises with the Vulture and realises (spoiler) that he belongs more with "the little guys" abd that they need 'your friendly neighbourhood spiderman'

its pottery

Litigation

>tfw Sony/MCU has remade a perfect alternative to the Green Goblin as Spiderman's main arch-nemesis
>and actually made the Vulture interesting

B-bakana

There can be people who go off-track and do bad within a group of otherwise good people. It also makes for a more interesting villain when you can see and empathize how they got to where they are.

I really liked how they nailed the whole look and design of the Vulture, even Keaton's hair look frizzy and vulture like.