It looks pretty decent from the trailer...

It looks pretty decent from the trailer, but I find it strange that Franco and co chose not to use Tommy's accent for the character during normal dialogue exchanges, but use his accent for the lines he delivers while filming. Its sort of off putting if you're a fan of The Room.

Are you excited/ mildly interested in this flick, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rir1WzZqwxE
youtube.com/watch?v=1fqAFCb4-ec
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1500450126093.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=NZfox7y8VAg
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1500450747887.webm
vice.com/en_us/article/dpwvgw/universalizing-art-the-disaster-artist-and-the-room
youtube.com/watch?v=rZXdU3iuAyI
youtube.com/watch?v=4-TR5CS8Kws
youtube.com/watch?v=ujfDtlEwFBk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's going to be shit

I don't think that's accurate, are you just assuming or has someone whose seen it corroborated?

No, people just cant get over francos slightly higher voice

it's never going to be as funny as the book. just read the book.

KINO
I
N
O

I don't know, I think its pretty evident in the new teaser they didn't use the accent

youtube.com/watch?v=rir1WzZqwxE

Yeah, the book is hysterical but at the same time I think there's emotional levels to it that Franco and Rogen probably won't be able to convey in their film. Tommy Wiseau seemed like a very troubled and complex person, I hope they don't just play him for laughs.

It's there, but not cartoonish. I'd rather him be a tad more conservative with the impression than going overboard.

Franco always seems like a douche, I can only see him as "actor guy" and never a character

Apparently it has the heart, they're all capable dramatic actors as well.

Yeah, listening back, I can vaguely hear it, his lines are pretty short and sporadic here

youtube.com/watch?v=1fqAFCb4-ec

Maybe it's just me but he 100% nails the way he came out through that door. His vocal impression and line delivery were way off though. I expected better in that department.

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1500450126093.webm

You also have to keep in mind that Tommy dubbed over so many of his lines in post-production, including the scene recreated in the trailer. Movies that have recreated music or film scenes from real life are always so hit or miss for me because its hard not to reference the source material.

Someone share this webm to Chad Kroeger/Nickelback's twitter page

>this was made by someone on Sup Forums

Tommy had to dub most if not all his performance because it was mostly wrong or incomprehensible.

... so James Franco secretly makes his lines sound wrong with the wrong expressions due to Tommy redubbing it?

GENIUS

do you think tommy is crying on the inside

The expressions are still wrong, but Franco is a shit actor.
Maybe they will actually show that the dialogue had to be dubbed.

>travels all over the country every year, meeting fans and showing The Room to so many fans
Why would he be sad? His dream was to make a movie everyone would remember him by and he did just that.

This.
He is now saying that The Room is a dark comedy.
He loved the attention.

>trying to capitalize on a played-out meme
>posterboys for Hollywood nepotism
>bite off of the birdman soundtrack
>brace for "DUDE WEED LMAO"

This might of been decent five years ago when the room crap wasn't already done to death. I would like to like this but it just seems like a pandering pile of the typical Hollywood comedian in-crowd bullshit

my nigga Franco really out here

>This might of been decent five years ago
the book this is based off of wasn't even out 5 years ago

the dawn of a new meme
someone put the original scene as the background and sync it with Franco's version

The book's from 2013, ya dink

Looks like fucking shit
All I see are James Franco and his manling brother and weed man wearing stupid wigs and beards

>might of

Can't wait to see Alison Brie overacting like she always does.

At least I can fap to her and maybe the Franco bros if I try hard

I applaud the make up department for the work they did on James Franco. They made him look just enough like Wiseau while not trying to make him look too much like him where he'd look absolutely ridiculous on camera. Based on this and some set photos his wardrobe seems on point too, glad to see my maniac brother TW done right

You're going to sit back and call this a film adaption of the book? That's fine. Have fun. It just seems kind of stale and cringey to me. It's like when you here someone talk about memes in person or say OMG out loud. Not going to end well. The movie was made in 03. Even the late bloomers were done in 2013. I'll give anything a chance but this is by no means ahead of its time of clever.

>Thread theme

youtube.com/watch?v=NZfox7y8VAg

Thank you for regurgitating a RLM opinion

>when you go to see a movie about a poorly made movie but it's actually pineapple express 4

Someone did this
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1500450747887.webm

It's literally what it is.

The stoner fucks loved the book and contacted Tommy and the author to make this movie.

Even the faces he makes are wrong. Nice try, redditor.

Do 9/11 footage next

Franco somehow does it worse.
This is going to be great.

Right. I get it. I just don't believe they read the fucking book or really cared much more then "lol that's that shitty movie thats funny"
Its just capitalizing off an old meme to seem relevant is my guess

oh shit this

>Right. I get it. I just don't believe they read the fucking book or really cared much more then "lol that's that shitty movie thats funny"

user, the trailer they released was literally a scene from the book. like, this isn't just a movie about the production of the room. it is a movie following the book.
you do understand this right?

Rogen talked about the fucking book endlessly like 2 years ago too. He loved both the movie and the book.

yes I'm talking about the motive not the means

in which case, shouldn't the fact the movie was made so late confirm that they're making it as a tribute to the book and not to cash in on an old, stale meme?

>tfw I own the official soundtrack

The teaser trailer is literally a scene from the novel, user, you're too serious right now

>why! why johnny!?

Jesus christ.

>I just don't believe they read the fucking book
I just don't believe you have read the fucking book

The book literally describes Tommy messing his line up so many times where the only way he could finish the scene is by holding a water bottle and throwing it

... what's so funny? That is one of the lines from the movie

What else did you want them to call it? The death of Tommy? Too cliche

I hope there's a scene that shows his childhood in Poland.

i think that he's intentionally not doing the accent in the scene because IIRC tommy dubbed over the original lines and i think that will be something covered later in the movie. so it'll fit, but it's not 1:1 right now to the finished movie

Why do people keep spamming this? That's his natural accent, it's not like Tommy sounds like James Franco in everyday life and only put on a different voice for the dub.

here's a piece Franco wrote about the book when it came out
vice.com/en_us/article/dpwvgw/universalizing-art-the-disaster-artist-and-the-room

That's why it's funny.
His death is great.

Already tired of the incessant and obvious shilling this film is getting on here.

It's going to be awful and a disservice to a great book.

I'm saying I wouldn't think anything along the lines of was true. No I didn't read the book. "A sudo-handicapped person made a movie so shitty its comical" There's the book in a sentence.

>a movie about a crappy movie no one has seen
why?

the only people who will like this are redditors who thought the interview was funny and worth watching

The book goes way deeper than that.
The man talks about Tommy as a person a lot.
The movie production was about half the book.

It's a meme movie about a meme movie.

Double the memes, double the reddit

Nah the book isn't really about the movie at all. It's about this bizarre friendship tommy strikes up with the author/best friend actor in the movie. The vast majority of the book is an exploration into the weird, messed up mind of tommy. Any scenes about the actual movie always end up relating to how weird tommy is. Hell, the book is worth reading for tommys "backstory" alone.

Tommy should have played himself.

Fuck this reddit-tier movie. This is now a Best F(r)iends thread.
youtube.com/watch?v=rZXdU3iuAyI

>those rnb tracks

youtube.com/watch?v=4-TR5CS8Kws

I wanna see it

>this was made by someone on Sup Forums

It will fail JUST like The Room, and Franco's and Rogan's tail spinning propped up careers. New guys coming through!

Get to the check cashing place early tomorrow shill.

>Louisiana

bought the audiobook last night on amazon because of a thread yesterday
fuck man this thing is 11 hours? I'll never get throught this. its just a gag on the room. 11 hours of this shit?
>got to the tommy's planet scene or chapter or whatever
>thought it was all just greg shitting on tommy and the crew
>DAT FUCKING HEART

its actually pretty fucking fascinating and there is a lot of room for drama in this. in the ugly duckling strange outsider achieving the dream and what he's done to achieve it.
>tommy has a near death experience
>completely throws caution to the wind and decides to follow his dream commuting from the bay area to LA for acting classes weekly
and the fucking mystery behind him is incredible. glad he maintains it.

Glad my webm is still making the rounds
Coming right up

Fucking plebs. He's not trying to do an impression because then it would seem like he's making fun of Tommy. They want to communicate his heart and passion and not have the audience distracted by him just doing a silly voice.

This is the same reason Phillip Seymour Hoffman didn't do an exact copy of Capote because then it just turns into caricature. This is not meant to be Room 2.0. It's a movie about outsiders trying to make it in Hollywood. Hamming it up and trying to do a silly voice would just cheapen the movie. This is why Franco is a successful and accomplished actor and you're all just talentless cucks.

Fuck, I still can't believe you idiots haven't figured it out yet. Every time I think you morons can't sink any lower as filthy phillistines who don't know anything about movies and every time you exceed my expectations.

Go back to shit posting about DC. You don't deserve kino like this.

>idiots still think this movie is trying to be a remake of the room.

I've never seen TW not be TW. You're not making sense. This is about the making of the room. Not the room with franco and company.

Face it. Franco can't do TW unless he is mimicing scenes from the room. That would require talent.

oh hi mark

Whatever. I can't take this guy playing Tommy seriously without the voice.

Watch the real ROOM 2
youtube.com/watch?v=ujfDtlEwFBk

It will suck.

>Seth Rogen
>All the jokes and interest of the phenomenon is already public. Impossible to improve on the pottery of the original
>the guy cast to play greg sestero is several points uglier than the real thing. Greg's thing is he is a not very talented pretty boy trying to make it, so it's a crucial detail that was missed, not boding well for the rest. Instead of casting someone who flits the part they went with nepotism.

Will be a soulless cash grab, sorry.

The feedback at SXSW was supposedly outstanding, so I'm definitely excited

>ah vodka and bourbon served room temperature

Will this in be theaters in the nationscale?

A bunch of redditors upvoted their epic meme with a standing ovation, how unexpected.

I fucking love it by now.

I unnironically say I smell an Oscar

Life is so meta lmao

Good or bad, I honestly just want this to be nominated for Best Picture so Tommy can present it when they run down each film.

The accent is there. It's just not as pronounced as most of the impersonations you hear. Franco sounds almost exactly like Tommy does in normal conversation in that clip.

>this gets you into SAG

Fucking lol

okay so tommy is a fag and was totally trying to screw greg when he was younger
>somebody is chickeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnn

i needs that 9/11 version user

I doubt it, I'm pretty sure all of francos director shit has been limited release in theaters and then straight to vod

Where can you buy this?

Yes, and it shows because of how badly it's made

What background is that?

The white markers exist for a reason