Should I watch pic related? I keep seeing and hearing stuff about this show although it has gotten so old now

Should I watch pic related? I keep seeing and hearing stuff about this show although it has gotten so old now.
I avoided watching it so far because it seemed like a tumblr feminism show since they draw their female protagonists unreasonably ugly.
What's your opinion Sup Forums?

It's okay.

Lots of filler episodes, some decent episodes. Steven is usually annoying and has the worst jokes.

what are you talking about. the gems are full of sex and a type to cater to all fetishes.

It's alright. I only watch it on and off though. Only reason I kept up with the new episodes the past week is because interesting things were happening.

It's a good show. You'd actually be surprised at how anti-Tumblr SJWs it can be.

Case in point last night's episode. Everyone over at Tumblr shat their pants in fury because the show dared to imply that senseless violence wasn't OK.

If you want to watch it but you don't like filler, start from Mirror Gem and continue from there on, but it's better if you started from the first episode.

The message was more "All lives matter, even those of people that disagree with you" which is why Tumblr was so pissed. It was great, anyway.

just fucking watch the show dude, nobody's gonna crucify you if you do

but for the love of god don't make one of those "AM I THE ONLY WHO DOESN'T LIKE THIS SHOW, Sup Forums?" threads. we have enough as is

It's mildly entertaining and tends to draw from anime (mostly magical girls) the jokes are meh and the art is well Cal Arts
Sup Forums hypes it up more than it deserves the meta plot is interesting but the show does almost nothing with it and Cartoon Networks handling of its schedule is retarded

The only good thing to come out of the show is the Rule34 art made by the fans

>I avoided watching it so far because it seemed like a tumblr feminism show since they draw their female protagonists unreasonably ugly.
Then you don't have anything to worry about, go ahead and give it a shot.

I want to rub my dick between her armpits and feel that soft fur.

It gets a lot of unreasonable hate on /co. people complain about it being tumbler pandering, and I guess I can see where they're coming from, but I wouldn't have really noticed if it wasn't pointed out. Kind of a "look for the darkness and that's all you'll ever see", type thing.
At the very least it's trying to be more than just comedy, which kinda puts it ahead of most cartoons airing now by default.
I'd give it a shot, watch the first season and see if it grabs you. It gets better from there but if you're not interested at that point drop it.

Yeah, you're right.

Also to whoever reads this. The gems are not meant to represent a race. Don't believe Tumblr. You don't need to act stereotypically black to identify with these characters.

Now have a Jasper.

>Barafag is retarded
Wow what a shocker

I like the early stuff more than the later stuff.
I'll probably get crucified for this but I feel like introducing so many relevant side characters in a show with a 10 min format was a bad idea.

They tend to get pulled out on rotation, then disappear for no reason and all the other characters forget they exist.

It's not SJW at all, other than having a diverse cast. It treats gender and race as inconsequential instead of identities.

Amazing show. It has a huge following everywhere, not just Tumblr.

I am reasonable certain her hair would be coarse and rough.

Then why does it look so soft?

Have those two interacted yet? Did I miss it?

They have. There's an episode dedicated to them.

I kept thinking it was weird that they didn't and that Bismuth didn't have any scenes with them either in the latest episode.

Which episode was the one where they were together?

It's alright. A lot of wasted potential, unfortunately. I like the idea of gems though. They're a pretty neat idea for an alien species.

Steven: "HEYYYY, I LIKE HAMBURGERS AND PIZZA! WANT ME TO MAKE YOU A MACARONI NECKLACE?"
Everybody: "Steven stop you're releasing bad shit and it's always all your fault"
Steven: "MACARONI WACKY NECKLACE?"

This show is shit. People say that the characters get interesting like eight episodes in, well guess what? If the first eight episodes are total fucking trash don't put them in there.

I'm gonna shave Jasper

Barn Mates.

Not my fetishes.

the razor will get stuck in that THICC fur

I wouldn't worry about it being a tumblr feminist show. Speaking as a Sup Forumstard I've found it to be pretty inoffensive.

I'm sure that the creators of the show are pretty progressive, and you can read that into the show if you want to, but for the most part you either have to go looking for it or its not in your face.

Watch it and form your own opinion, anything more is bait.

How is voicing my opinion about a show on a thread asking for people's opinions bait?

Jasper is fluffy! Fluffy!

She wouldn't just grow such a thick coat of fur, leave that for when she gets fully corrupted due to fusing with the Ocean Jasper

I want to feel those hard muscles underneath that soft fur and trail my hand down to her pliable boobs.

Muscled furry girls have the most interesting combination of textures to touch.

Not that guy but Sup Forums is unable to rationally discuss SU, that's a fact, so the most logical advice for OP is to watch it for himself and decide whether he likes it or not.

That's early Steven, he does actually learn from those mistakes and gets better, that's why the first episodes are there, to show that transition. Now it's:
>villain: *being angry and destroying stuff*
>Steven: "Villain stop! I made you a macaroni necklace!
>villain: "...really?"
Best friends.

>>Sup Forums is unable to rationally discuss

Fixed that for ya

There's a lot of things I want to like about the show
The meta plot, Homeworld, the Gem War, fighting monsters and all the other cool stuff the writers do nothing with
I feel the best thing that could have happened to the show was if it was a 30min action cartoon instead of a 15min comedy

You have so many elements in the background that lend themselves to an action format that gets glossed over and ignored the giant monsters, magic, superhuman lesbian space rocks, interstellar war, evil alien overlords, DBZ fusions and Magical Girl transformation sequences but all you get is Steven crying and cheeseburger backpacks

>Steven: Villain! Stop, by the power of my cheeseburger backpack!
>villain: No, you have some war crimes!
>Steven: Don't make me get my angry Indian GF and my cat! We'll fuse into a single combat form and kick you ass back to the great war (you know, the war over several centuries, that ended with you guys nuking your own people and us from orbit)

Its something to watch. Some interesting ideas and some snappy songs.

Not the ends-all beats-all, but will entertain you for awhile.

Also its fun to see the rage this show generates.

why the fuck did you not use the 3 other threads about this show?

>Lots of filler episodes, some decent episodes.
This.

The producers/writers are clearly riding the wave. Once it's popularity wanes they'll have a cataclysmic series conclusion that'll leave half of Sup Forums loving it and half of Sup Forums hating it ensuring it's cult-like status for the foreseeable future.

>avoiding a show because you don't want to fuck the characters

it IS a feminism fag rights show. Every male is emasculated and the space rocks are all female...because reasons. It's fucking stupid. Keep in mind 80% of the show is about a quirky small town and a wimpy boy raised by quirky dykes.

It's a childrens show that seems to have been co-opted by fat white women.

Like it or not, animation is a visual medium and a show being visually appealing is important

I have bigger issues with SU myself, but yeah the art style and general unpleasant look of the characters is a turn off for me....not as bad as Uncle Grandpa though I'll give you that

I just shotgunned the whole thing, it's not bad, even though I've heard horror stories about it and, more often, its fandom.

It has some pretty good fight scenes, and at the very least it has arcs.

Feminism itself is not inherently a bad thing, there is a show on the air right now that manages to be obviously rooted in feminist ideas with a majority female cast but does so without emasculating men or promoting certain lifestyle choices to make it's point. The utter lack of tact that Steven Universe has is the problem. If Steven Universe was manifested as a living person, it would be the very stereotype of an SJW "feminist" as we now know it.

It's pretty great if you like LORE and picking apart forshadowing.

It starts out pretty rough though, the first 10 or so episodes aren't great.

You'll know if you like it or not by episode 26.

You can go ahead and watch SU steadily now, it's alright and the fusions are cool af.

It's alright. Ignore what people say here, it's very social justice-y at parts, but it's not really Tumblr for the most part, if that makes any sense.

It starts out pretty bad if you aren't a fan of cutesy slice of life episodes, but the show picks up as it goes along.

Technically, every episode has something important in it, or some foreshadowing of what's to come. I believe Sugar said it herself, there are no filler episodes. (Though I do admit, sometimes episodes feel like filler because often times the story is left where it was before the episode started, it's just that we learned something new or one character learned something new)

There are literally download links for HD episodes of every season on the general, watch them and form your own opinion.

>and the space rocks are all female...because reasons.
Do you ever have qualms when entire alien races are male?