The two best DC shows were run by black guys

>The two best DC shows were run by black guys

Not trying to start shit, just find it inspirational

2nd. And this is considering that DC generally has the best animated material.

Doff of my cap to black nerds, keep buying comics and playing Street Fighter.

I'm still kinda upset that we lost Dwayne McDuffie. Dude was fucking BASED and was a legitimately great writer.

And yeah, it is pretty inspirational. You don't see too many black people in that line of work and to see blacks actually being recognized for their talent is amazing to me.

I love McDuffie, but JL wasn't the best. Static Shock and Ben 10 UAF were better if you're talking about his shows.

>Static
>better than JL
Fuuuck no. Maybe you'd have a point if you were talking about S1 JL. But JL at its very best was one of the best Western cartoons ever made. Same with JLU basically.

I loved Static, but it never reached the peak JL/JLU ever did.

JLU is immensely better than either of those.

I'll always believe that the hour-long format weakened JL considerably.
The writers were clearly more comfortable with half-hour stories, so they ended up with lots of padding.

Goddammit I miss him too. Static Shock still holds up even rewatching it now.

Black western comic nerds have ultimate final form power level, bruh. Only thing that surpasses it is black week animator power level. But really it'd like the difference between final form frieza and gold frieza.

Static Shock fell off really hard. Harder than JLU.

I don't know who either of these people are, or what they made.

>TFW DC does diversity right by hiring actual talented minorities and not shoving minority characters down our throats.

Diggle and Joe are the best characters on Arrow and Flash

Fite me

>You will never write the most savage letter to the Marvel editors regarding their pitch demands that eats at their very soul while eloquently getting across your point like McDuffie did

Man, now I think how fucking amazing it would be if Christopher Priest got a chance of a TV/DTV adaptation for DC with any hero or team he wanted.

I disagree. The hour-long format did a lot to help JL, especially with character and plot-development. You can tell they really settled into a pacing that just really worked for the stories they were trying to tell, to the point where the half-hour long story arcs just didn't work as well in the first season of JLU.

>shoving down our throats meme
Hi Sup Forums

fuck off fag, im not even that user but even I know its a problem. Dont be such a pussy.

>Ben 10 UAF
What mirror universe have I entered?

Too bad James Tucker is stuck doing shitty DTVs. You can tell he's unhappy where he is.

>I'll always believe that the hour-long format weakened JL considerably.

Indeed. JL was very boring and only had a few worthwhile episodes. JLU kicked ass and only slowed down a bit in season three.

> implying current Ultimates and A-Force aren't forced as fuck
Massive denial detected.

If I ever get a gig at Marvel, I would make this a reality for shits and giggles.

Ironic considering DC has no good black heroes.

>Ultimates
>forced
In what way? Being mostly minorities?

I miss The Brave and the Bold so bad.

>Amanda Waller
>not a hero

also Vixen

Milestone, dude. Courtesy of McDuffie himself.

Ultimates is not forced, thought. There are better examples of forced diversity at marvel

pretty much anything done by Bendis for example.

Kek

Honestly, WB Animation has yet to recover from McDuffie's sudden death... You can really the absence of his influence on the current movies...

context?

No argument here... Making the West Family African-american was one of the CW's best moves...

check the date, 1989, and read the letter. Presumably he was calling out editorial for blaxploitation.

What about Batman: The Animated Series?

At the time Marvel was doing with black guys on skate boards what Marvel is NOW doing with girls in previously male roles. In an attempt to be "fresh", "current" and/or "progressive" they repeatedly spit out the same idea over and over again.

Not just Blaxploitation, the fact that comics were giving new black characters the same fucking powersets (e.g. lightning, rocket skateboards)

What are some essential McDuffie trades?

I knew a kid who had a skateboard growing up. Well I knew several kids with skateboards, most of them did the usual shit and came away with scrapes and bruises. One broke his leg.

This motherfucker attached a motor to his board, hit ten miles an hour, struck a rock, lost his footing and smashed into the road. Needed surgery, looks fine now but his nose looks noticabley different if you grew up with him.

so yeah after that I didn't bother reading books with heroes who used shit like rocketboards.

Norrin Rad doesn't count that shit is timeless.

The only way they got most episodes to an hour was because they inserted fights that made no sense and often made the danger worse just to fill time. The first episode, season finales, and Hereafter are the ONLY two-part episodes that are paced well.

Casting the right actors was the best move
They just happened to be black

As long as you make a heartfelt credit going to him, I'll support you.

>gentlemen, how do we fix the DCEU?

>simple: we just BLACKED the Snyder!

Didn't they Put Tucker in charge of all DC animation though? He should be able to get in on that

WE

The whole spiel by Ulysses in one of the recent issues was pretty damn hamfisted.

You do know that Macduffie was an editor at Marvel until he quit to start Milestone, right?

Just because you don't agree doesn't make it bait
>Inb4 some literal who is iconic

Are you arguing that a hero has to be iconic in order to be good? Because if so holy shit, you're stupid.

bump

That's not Batman TAS.

Module Ts are significant cars doesn't mean they are good ones

>Static Shock was terrible
>That 'golden age' Batman was terrible
>The Jackie Chan Batman was terrible
>The CGI Batman was terrible

Let's face it--the original Batmam, Superman, Justice League and Batman Beyond were the shit, partially because they built upon each series and had an inkling of continuousity. Half these new series spend half the time explaining their backstory, or worse yet, try to re-create the character.

Whether amanda waller is a villan or not depends on the political party of the current real world US president.

Aside from Milestone, my very favorite run from him is

>Damage Control
A great marvel work about construction workers in NYC fixing shit from superhero battles.