Convince be to go Catholic

Convince be to go Catholic

Other urls found in this thread:

shamelesspopery.com/reason-1-to-reject-the-reformation-the-canon-of-scripture/
shamelesspopery.com/reason-2-to-reject-the-reformation-scriptural-interpretation/
shamelesspopery.com/reason-3-to-reject-the-reformation-the-visible-church/
shamelesspopery.com/reason-4-to-reject-the-reformation-ecumenical-councils/
shamelesspopery.com/reason-5-to-reject-the-reformation-the-church-fathers/
shamelesspopery.com/reason-6-to-reject-the-reformation-patristic-scriptural-exegesis/
shamelesspopery.com/reason-7-to-reject-the-reformation-history/
shamelesspopery.com/reason-8-to-reject-the-reformation-heterodoxy/
shamelesspopery.com/reason-9-to-reject-the-reformation-logical-fallacies/
shamelesspopery.com/reason-10-to-reject-the-reformation-the-grand-finale/
edwardfeser.blogspot.com/2012/07/classical-theism-roundup.html
edwardfeser.blogspot.com/2012/07/cosmological-argument-roundup.html
edwardfeser.blogspot.com/2010/05/id-versus-t-roundup.html
edwardfeser.blogspot.com/2011/05/mind-body-problem-roundup.html
edwardfeser.blogspot.com/2012/05/rosenberg-roundup.html
fisheaters.com/101.html
fisheaters.com/traditionalcatholicism.html
fisheaters.com/differences.html
fisheaters.com/beingcatholic.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

I'd rather you learn English first.

or maybe I should just start double checking my spelling before posting

you just made the same spelling mistake again
get your shit together mohammad

funnily enough, wasn't me

thought I was half tempted to do "be" there on purpose

JESUS loves you.

All night and all morning long,

That's very blasphemous.

Reported

Become Orthodox, catholicism is cucked.

No. We aren't going to do the work for you but we will help you along the way.
What questions or issues might you have?

explain

Why would I try and convince you to be a heretic>

I just want to hear some legitimate argument in favor of it.

The amount of BS in that is hilarious.

In favor of what part of it? If its the whole thing you're asking for a persuasive multi-disciplined response on the fly to a Carthaginian Pottery Board.

Mad orthocuck is mad. May 29th 1453 best day of life.

>I'm a jew/atheist/whatever and want decent people to pay attention to me
>b8 them with "convince me to believe"
>lulz ensue

fuck off, faggot

I'm just not sure how it could "improve" my life for lack of a better term.

Do you assholes not have Google?
>sage

Let's take it one by one

>633-820

In this period besides Mulsims the Byzantine Empire had to deal with invasions in the north and north east with Bulgars and Slavs. These two invasions by barbarians prompted the Italian kingdoms to push back the Byzantine presence in Italy. Since you know they good Christians. Under a 3 pron attack it's no surprise the Empire lost land and it's a miracle that it kept going. Let's not forget that certain Catholic nations forcefully demolished Orthodox churches and even bishoprics in former Orthodox land and forcefully converted the local population.

>1054

After centuries of Catholics failing to do anything at any Religious Councils and after having to commit forgery to gain Rome they say fuck you when the Empire is getting weaker.

>1204

The Catholics were promised money, and given money for the Crusades as well as Byzantium forgetting about the existence of Crusader states on it's former land.

Though the Latin Massacre is just Greeks being shits and it was a dick move.

And yes the 4th Crusader fucked over the Empire big time, but since the Empire was no longer a unified force the Crusader States had nobody to help them and fell soon after.

14TH CENTURY AND AFTER

Greeks being shits again, not really anything to add and the Russian part is just Russia being a cancer.

Catolicism is a good religion because is strong with family values and is intolerant to any other religion.

What make catolicism and most religions so great before everyone had access to information was the blind faith, it made the people to be one and strong against any kind of invader like muslims or cuck ideologies like modern liberalism.

Essentially it makes you a backwards fuck and the whole catholic thing is illogical as fuck yes, but think it like this: is like enlisting in the army, the army is illogical as fuck too think about it, but christiany is not fighting a physical fight, christiany is fighting the cultural war at the moment, declared ""atheists"" are the passive civilians thinking all the religions can live together in a single country, they are basically cucks.

10 year old boys

google is one thing. Hearing from actual individuals is another

You could find a specialized forum.

meh. I feel comfortable on pol tho

10 of them?

It's the closest you can get to the Mediterranean mystery cults without larping with the Freemasons

tl;dr hurr im a progressive faggot with no real argument

I doubt you even have the mental capacity to truly understand most church dogma let alone form an actual argument against it. You just made a watered down shit straw man to knock down and make yourself appear wiser and smarter than older generations despite it being the new generations that are totally cucked by modernism. Who is the real backwards retard?

Here are some reasons to reject the Protestant Reformation:

shamelesspopery.com/reason-1-to-reject-the-reformation-the-canon-of-scripture/
shamelesspopery.com/reason-2-to-reject-the-reformation-scriptural-interpretation/
shamelesspopery.com/reason-3-to-reject-the-reformation-the-visible-church/
shamelesspopery.com/reason-4-to-reject-the-reformation-ecumenical-councils/
shamelesspopery.com/reason-5-to-reject-the-reformation-the-church-fathers/
shamelesspopery.com/reason-6-to-reject-the-reformation-patristic-scriptural-exegesis/
shamelesspopery.com/reason-7-to-reject-the-reformation-history/
shamelesspopery.com/reason-8-to-reject-the-reformation-heterodoxy/
shamelesspopery.com/reason-9-to-reject-the-reformation-logical-fallacies/
shamelesspopery.com/reason-10-to-reject-the-reformation-the-grand-finale/

Here are some reasons to reject post-enlightenment philosophy:
edwardfeser.blogspot.com/2012/07/classical-theism-roundup.html
edwardfeser.blogspot.com/2012/07/cosmological-argument-roundup.html
edwardfeser.blogspot.com/2010/05/id-versus-t-roundup.html
edwardfeser.blogspot.com/2011/05/mind-body-problem-roundup.html
edwardfeser.blogspot.com/2012/05/rosenberg-roundup.html

Other:

fisheaters.com/101.html
fisheaters.com/traditionalcatholicism.html
fisheaters.com/differences.html
fisheaters.com/beingcatholic.html

Now what arguments do you have to accept Catholicism over other non protestant Christian churches?

I see Orthodoxy as mostly sound. I think only their philosophical tradition is deficient, and that's where I would personally center my arguments against them.

I'll try to skip some irrelevant details about the Christian worldview but rather speak of the view of humanity.

In the Catholic worldview, our desires have an inherent irrationality to them. This is the make up of our "fallen state" that you hear about in Christian thought. This does not mean we gained this irrationality but rather lost assistance against it. Our desires aren't bad but they can be abused outside of our reason. There is also our conscience. We do not define the law our conscience works by (though our understanding of the world through reason will decide how we interpret it) and that conscience must be followed for the good of man. Else there is guilt (given they don't numb their own conscience). Our conscience is where Catholics believe God directs man toward his will, which (given's God's position in relation to creation) is synonymous with the good of something.

This is where the term "follow your conscience" comes from and is generally what Catholics support. However, Catholics would also give a general answer on what the overall goal of God's will for man is that is expressed through the conscience and that is a life of love. However, not love in the romantic, brotherly, or sexual sense but love in the traditional way: The willing of the good of the other without self-interest. A life dedicated towards this is what Catholics would say is a life of virtue and is seen as saintly. This is the fulfillment of the conscience (or more accurately the fulfillment of the man) and thus a life of an inner joy. However this runs up against our irrational desires and so the Catholics assert the only proper solution here is not to deny desires overtly but tame their irrationality. This is where much Christian struggle takes place. Sin is not something that has real existence but it understood as separations from our fulfillment in love. This can reflect small details (venial sins) or direct separations of interest (mortal sins)

Any questions?

I hope I didn't take too long.

This what I get from your message: I'm mad at you because you used the word backwards, so I'm going to ignore what you said and pretend I know what your intentions are like I can read your mind.

Please tell me I'm wrong, also it sounds like you are one of those apologetic le epic fallacy guys, please tell me I'm wrong too.

I don't really have questions, I've just been bouncing back and forth on whether to do this or not. Thinking I'm going to though.

>Rome didn't help us, and so it's their fault
>Greeks are shits
Those aren't just excuses, they're fucking bad ones. Maybe you're just fucking weak.

Well I suppose the main thing to confront there is what is making you bounce back and forth! If you ever want to talk about it again, I got you and HOPEFULLY other anons won't be asses to you. Sorry you dealt with that.

We would argue that you guys are wasting your time trying to understand something beyond our comprehension.

You're bros though.

Okay, I laughed. That was witty.

Haha that picture. Any news on their third album coming out any time soon, do you know?

eh, that's normal internet/Sup Forums bs. I'm use to that. What was making me bounce back and forth was just not seeing any obvious up or down side to changing.

Gnostic master race.

No word, but we still have the recordings of two of Act 3's songs.
Protomen seem to be in a strict "lets go touring instead of making new music" streak still. Really disappointing too.

Doesn't mean that it's right.
But I suppose it's accurate to view you teetering between Catholicism and Atheism?

Best of luck. My offer still out there as well.

>hating on the material wholesale
Why

>Nowhere did I say Rome needed to help, just pointed out the fact that Rome backstabed
>Imblying Greeks aren't shits

>Protomen seem to be in a strict "lets go touring instead of making new music" streak still.

At least they put on a good live show.

>6000 years later
Always the best part