Defend this Sup Forums

Defend this Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F2k7Jf9xO3g
adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_episodes
youtube.com/watch?v=FrlymHW0qU8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You realize the Lich is going to rip himself out of Sweet Pea's body sooner or later, right?

You didn't stop it.

its a comedy show, it did a joke. simple as that

eh

The manifestation of death and oblivion was defeated by life.

Done.

It was a very good season finale by the way. The next season fucked everything up.

Done.
youtube.com/watch?v=F2k7Jf9xO3g

If you don't love this you are wrong in the head.

sweet pea is cute and i feel bad for him ;-;

I won't deny it's a great Lich moment, except it would be even better if it wasn't the Lich as a fucking manbaby.

That's exactly what makes it good.
Contrast.
Ultimate evil lurking under a soft innocent skin.

The literal point of The Lich is that he wasn't supposed to be a funny character.

No it wouldn't you faggot, that would be normal.

Unfortunately they keep treating him like a fucking joke. It's a real shame.

I remember when it was said Finn would meet his father at the Citadel, and then when The Lich started growing flesh I was excited. "Could The Lich be his father? What a twist!"

Not as cool as I hoped but Sweetpea is far better than I feared.

This is Sweetpea though.

He may have the entirety of The Lich within him, but he is not The Lich

I think that's the Lich's long-term goal. He wants to milk the ticking clock as long as possible. He'll let Sweet Pea become a member of society, grow and be loved, maybe even be a hero or have a family. He'll make the person that is Sweet Pea become more than a state of temporary imprisonment, he'll become a part of the world around him. And only when he's old and closing his eyes for the last time, surrounded by all the people that he loved, all the lives he touched... will the Lich come back.

80, 100 years? What's a few decades for an undying beast of death to wait? The Lich isn't just death indiscriminately, it's a force that waits to make the biggest impact on the biggest amount of people. The Lich could escape if he wanted to, but he doesn't. Because he can wait. He can always just wait. Oppurtunity's abound for those with all the time in the world.

So is the Lich ever coming back out?

I think he played his role as a villain to the max. the problem is you can't apply death or destruction to him - it would make him only stronger. you can either imprison or apply the opposite forces to him. so they did both. also he is still able to come back. I'm not saying it's a satisfying conclusion. just a logical one.

>there's a skeleton inside of all of us
>and sometimes, the skeletons have plans

AT has made a cavalcade of retarded decisions but Lichbaby isn't really bad at all. Death got defeated by life and rendered into a more harmless form. I think it would have been better if he still looked kind of gross but I can appreciate the inherent humor of him being a smiley baby body stretched over the previous skeleton.

The shitty part is that its blatantly temporary since they have no other bad guy besides Lich so he has to come back at the end of the show or whatever, and everyone knows him being a baby is just a waste of time and want him to come back. If they had executed it better this would have been a fitting ending for the Lich, way more original than just Finn and Jake defeating him for real after the tenth time.

it was sweet pea's body in the first place. he just got mutated by the bomb 1000 years ago and the spirit of the catalyst comet entered him. even though his body has been healed, the spirit has remained.. mainly because of shenanigans going on with this era's comet

Am I missing something because that was Billy's body that the Lich took over and after the life juice touched him he turned into Sweet Pea who is an entirely new entity

Damn.

That was actually the season premiere.

its called a bait and switch they made you think they would show you something serious but it ended up making another joke.
A normal person would be happy that they sucesfully managed to fool them, but an autist like you will just reeee the fuck out because you can't imagine anything being something besides whats apparent; and as such assert the creators are wrong about the purpose of their own characters

>A normal person would be happy that they sucesfully managed to fool them
What? That sounds like complete bullshit.
The average person would be a bit disappointed but end up moving on quickly enough.

Billy's body MIGHT have been completely burned away before he was it with the life-juice stuff. We don't know if he's wearing Billy's skeleton too.

Either way, think of it like this. The Lich, when he confronted Finn that last time, was seemingly just a skeleton. And when he was hit with the life-juice, he started growing skin, sinew, and organs.

The brain is an organ.

Sweet Pea is the brain that grew inside the Lich's skull.

Sweet Pea is more like the default state of life and rejuvenation, since that's what the guardian goop seemed to create and it was given to a blank slate in the form of the Lich.

I'm more concerned with what they made with Finn's dad.

At first, he was going to be a hero locked on the Citadel by mistake and that spend all his time fighting the inmates.

Them they turned him into a jerkass space criminal...and..it WORKED. A lot of people started to think about what he must have done to be included among planet destroyer treats, and aparently becoming the leader of a bunch of them on the final.

But he just is scraped after two other episodes, where he is barely explored besides his superficial relationship with Finn.

The first time they beat him it was with a sweater powered by FRIENDSHIP that they used to rise his skull like a bronco.

Hell, his first appearance was a shot of Billy bootfucking him in a split second scene.

His defeats were always jokes.

The sweater thing was awesome though, what he got defeated by was silly but they still played it straight so that it was intense. Modern AT would have had Finn and the Lich have a quirky, slow paced discussion then at the end something entirely out of left field cuts Lich down in two seconds.

Besides, it was more like the sweater fueled Finn's heroic willpower and shit so he was able to avoid the mind control. He defeated the Lich by tearing his dusty face apart with a girly pink sweater, which is badass as hell.

Hey, that sweater had the power of liking someone a lot. It wasn't just girly. triggered

>pink
>relates to feelings and shit
Man that sweater was girly as hell. But there's nothing wrong with that. You gotsta respect the color pink and emotions and shit.

I still don't think he was actually Finn's dad.

But if he's not Finn's dad his existence would be 100% pointless instead of only like 70% pointless.

Lich and SweatPea are one and the same. Just all that fancy meat he got on his bones caused a reset. All that is the Lich lies below the surface. Will the past memories cause Lich to resurface fully, will SweatPea remain dominant but have full access to who he was, or will he become a mixture of both. The only thing we know for sure is the writers will do a terrible job at it.

Thinks can be silly and badass at the same time, just look at anytime Jake does something cool.

The Lich gets defeated by cool jokes.

Even then the sweater wasn't really used for humor though. The joke wasn't "lol, fucking Lich got owned by a sweater," this was all done in an epic, heroic fashion, so I'm not seeing the joke in there.

Adventure Time isn't relevant anymore

True but if a few poor bastards who can't let go wanna discuss it a little bit then who cares

Basically this.
The writers have cool ideas but they either never really stick through with it or they execute it horribly and this will be no different.

The joke WAS that he was owned by a sweater. In an epic, heroic fashion.

I'm not trying to be mean and say you just didn't get the joke but humour is subjective and all that.

>just look at anytime Jake does something cool
And Finn! Remember in Stakes when...eh..

Remember in The More You Moe Part 2 when he...um..

Remember when he defeated that new crazy Ice Bith-uh...

Well, he's got good hair!

I guess? But I mean, maybe I'm not getting it but that still doesn't seem like a joke to me. I don't know, maybe I'm autistic or something. Brain tumors and all that. Eh whatever who cares.

It isn't? It's probably not as popular as it was in the early 2010s, but it still seems to have a large fanbase.

even if Bender's Big Score made it a happier ending, i still can't watch this episode.
All of the sad moments in this show are so perfect.

Nah dude.

Nah.

I was just sayin' you have different tastes.

But now I'm sayin' u r a faget.

Only cool thing he's done in like three seasons is seduce Huntress Wizard and even then he didn't close the deal.

>writers have Finn go through hell and back in ten sorts of bullshit dramas and all it's done is make him kind of suck more in general

I don't get it. Even if he was sucking because of the dramas and was supposed to turn out being better off because of it, he should have gotten better by season 7 yet he's still just kind of shitty and indifferent, and he's still getting shit on by life at points.
Shit's weird.

Don't forget he'll still let PB walk over him at the drop of a hat.

That's just something that's a part of Finn. Shit's as integral to the kid as wearing a goofy looking bear hat. He's never getting out from underneath PB's boot.

None of you have seen Stakes have you?,
>PB walks over Finn
when?
>getting shat on
when?
Provide me some examples

She would have to straight up kill Jake, in front of him, for that to stop.

>None of you have seen Stakes have you
You mean when Finn's been the shittiest he's been in seasons? Huh?

>only thing he has done in three seasons is meet a girl
adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_episodes
You are so full of shit.

Thin Yellow Line, dillweed.

>Banana Guard #whatever: "PB's done some terrible stuff in the past, man."
>Finn: "But she's nice!"
repeat until end of conversation

Clip ends before the two are rubbing dirt in their eyes and sobbing. Boo

As if anyone care about his totally awesome adventures that cause him to think outside the box and try radical new things, then end up meaning nothing the next episode.

The stuff with huntress wizard finally helped him not drop his spaghetti with flame princess and that's the most we've gotten from him in a long fucking time.

King of Ooo and his doggie pal really should have been traumatized or something after is episode. It makes no sense hoe KoO is totally fine with Lich baby in the finale after this shit.

Finn never even thought much of his father in the first place. When told about his father in "Billy's Bucket List," or the season 5 finale, he thought Billy was talking about Joshua. Finn doesn't even think of his biological father as his real one. The only thing Finn wanted to know about his father is where he was in his life, and why he was abandoned. Finn doesn't even like his father at the moment because Martin is a selfish thief. Finn accepted that he can't change Martin.

I think the most important thing to remember, is that Ron Perlman has one sexy voice.

yes

Could anyone even forget?
youtube.com/watch?v=FrlymHW0qU8

Then why isn't it good at being funny? Does Adventure Time even have jokes? Like, with setups and payoffs? All it is is like, "WHOAHOHO THEY USED A NONSENSE WORD INSTEAD OF A SWEAR" and other non sequitur

the only thing I cared about =/= shit that Finn has done
You do know that "past three seasons" includes season 5 right? List all the shit that Finn did from season 1-4 that actually mattered to know.

humor is subjective. If your argument is by consensus if it is humorous than it is so. You don't run for nine season as a comedy and not appeal to anyone.

>Does Adventure Time even have jokes?
I know you're just being disingenuous but come on, what kind of fucking question is that. The shittiest cartoons in existence have jokes.

AT has jokes beyond wacky words and can be pretty darn funny even in its current state, they just miss the mark a lot more than they used to.

Finn wasn't the focus. He wasn't even getting shat on in the mini-series.

You mean the episode where the Banana Guards are further shown in their incompetence of what is going on and believing rumors? If PB was so bad why did they beg for PB to come back?

Finn not being the focus doesn't explain why he was an incompetent fool the majority of his screentime. They used him for cheap humor and nothing more.

I exaggerated a little. What of it you salty bitch?

Point is he does little and learns less.

Nope. I barely even see the show mentioned anywhere and most of the shows fanbase has moved on to Steven Universe

The hand scene, nearly dropping the garlic bomb, falling asleep and getting captured by the ice king, mistaking "take her back" as "stake her back" from point blank distance and being retarded enough to try it for hours, thereby letting the Moon awaken and nearly kill Marceline (for the second time), letting the king vampire escape when they had him cornered. He was retarded like said.

If it was PB or Marceline being retarded and incompitent as he was you bet your sweet ass the fandom would be up in arms about it.

Finn has always been shown to not have always having the best solutions to solving problems. Even in fucking season 1 episodes he gets defeated. "Buisness Time" Finn tries to save the Fluffy People but fails. The only reason they were saved was because of Jake. Same in "Dungeon" where he gets defeated in nearly every obstacle. Finn isn't the best, but he is righteous. Are you complaining that he can't defeat vampires? Even fucking Marceline had trouble defeating them and she is far more powerful than Finn. The only reason Hierophant was defeated was because Crunchy shoved him into Jake accidentally. Not even Marceline can defeat the Vampire King, if he wanted to kill here he could have, he let her win the first time, and surrendered the first.

but anooon
death is supposed to wiiin
it always wiiins

Because even though they're pretty naive and dumb, they know when their lifestyle goes to shit. They aren't immune to recognizing change.

>he does little and learns less
see here

So their lifestyle was fine? They are incompetent. They misuderstood the reasons PB did what she had done in the past, and misheard them from what really happened from a biased viewpoint.

>Are you complaining that he can't defeat vampires?
I'm complaining that he can't stand up and hold something without nearly falling over and that the most useful thing he did in the miniseries was be sex bait for a vampire.

Fuck off, trying to justify Stakes by categorically bringing up other episodes is retarded. The writers don't care, they squash and stretch Finn's power level to suit whatever they want. There's been times where he's defeated hordes of monsters and times where he got his ass kicked by a squirrel. The only reason Finn acted how he did in Stakes was because the writers wanted him to be stupid and incompetent so they could make jokes out of it.

see here The reason for Finn and Jake being included in Stakes was for comedy relief. Sorry it wasn't centered on Finn like you were expecting it to. Even if he was the center of attention, do you honestly believe that he would be able to defeat the vampires? He wouldn't have minded half of them; they were fine with change. The only way he could have defeated the Moon would be sucking her soul directly. So he would have died there. Marceline can barely take down the Hierophant and The Vampire King, do you honestly believe Finn and Jake could have taken them down? Marceline could kill Finn and Jake at any moment if she felt like it.

What he does is barely more than a side character and most of what he learns is dropped by the next episode. He might as well not be the main character.

see here
Finn has always been consistent in his fighting, when has he been nerfed?
>getting beaten by a squirrel
when?
>take on hordes of enemies
They are not as powerful as the vampires in Stakes.

Based on what? Finn is the protagonist and always will be. The same can be said for season 1. He is still the protagonist. The minority of episodes that do not center Finn and Jake are not enough to represent the series as a whole.

>actually unironically believing Finn can kill the Vampire King.
Finn defeating enemies such as the Lich was the result of nerfing the enemies, not giving him a buff.

It's character development, OP. The show is trying to be deep :^)

Not everytime charactee developement in needs to be heart-wrenchingly deep. Finn going through struggles with his father after being neglected would affect those that go through similar situations with neglectment from their parents. Martin went through no character developement, he is still selfish and now exist as a space deity. Finn just accepted him for who he is, not that he likes him.

>The reason for Finn and Jake being included in Stakes was for comedy relief. Sorry it wasn't centered on Finn like you were expecting it to.
>this is a good thing
>you
We're not expecting a Marceline miniseries to be centered around Finn you dumb cunt. We're expecting him to not be hung out to dry like he obviously was. Again, flip the roles and you'd have people swarming the show for nerfing Bubblegum and Marceline.

Also, nice try not addressing anything else in my post.

>The only way he could have defeated the Moon would be sucking her soul directly. So he would have died there.
Which is why PB said "Take Her Back." dumbass. She was able to pull the "Vamp" out of Marcy, but Finn was retarded and did the same shit for hours on end before it was too late.

>do you honestly believe that he would be able to defeat the vampires?
From the impressive shit he's done in the past, yes. I do think he'd put up a reasonable fight even though he can't damage them. Anything but the level of incompetency that they made him display in that 8-parter. Like above, they mesh, mash and stretch his intelligence, strength and skills to fit the bill of the story they want to tell.

Personally, I think Finn's thorn arm and Jake's stretchy powers would have slowed the vamps down, even for a bit, but we don't see they because they were demoted to comedic relief like you said.

>Finn has always been consistent in his fighting
Nah. There have been episodes where he's taken down monsters super easy and other ones where he got beaten by super weaksauce shit. You are giving the writing far too much credit.

>They are not as powerful as the vampires in Stakes.
Literally stick it in the chest with a stick, that's not hard at all. Stop acting like they're unstoppable when that's the way every single one of them was defeated.

You're sidetracking the argument. Finn should've struck down all BG 182's bullshit claims with cold, hard facts that she's doing those things for their own good as you said, but instead he goes all hurr mode and says "But she''s all sweet and nice!"
She's got him by the balls.

So what Finn was comedy relief? It worked well and they could have easily done it without them.
>suck the vamp juice
Then Finn did not defeat it. Finn isn't omnipotent, he has a limit. Finn defeating enemies that surpass him in power was the result of THEM being nerfed, not Finn getting a buff. You acknowledge the fact that Finn cannot defeat the vampires, and rely on the assumption that the writers will just plot device him in some way. That isn't any better. You guys are complaining about inconsistencies of Finn's strenghts, but the only way he could have defeated the vampires would be by manipulating him. The hierophant can kill Finn easily. The Vamp King will never be defeated by Finn. How can you even consider that a possibility? This isn't the first time Finn's incompetence has resulted in unintended results. It's one of the reasons he was dumped by FP and almost got himself killed in "Dungeon." I can think of a few more but these are off the top of my head. Remember in "From Bad to Worse," where Finn took hours to understand that PB was referring to Science the Rat? Jake was the one that poited out the misunderstanding of what PB said.

Lich is happy how, and only visits death on those that deserve it.

It's character development.

>literally stick in the chest
Yet it has been shown to not be so easy. It's hard to stake someone when they can control your mind and turn invisible. It's hard to stake someone when they can morph into shit that can make your attacks redundant. It's hard to stake someone when they can literally teleport out of your reach and fly. It isn't so easy, and one of the reasons Marceline had trouble.

the fuck happened, I remember seeing this before the show began. Now I wished it stayed a pilot.

>that's the way every single one was defeated.
You cannot kill the Moon by any means of physical attack, you need to suck her soul directly, or remove her essence. That's PB's doing, not our heros. The hierophant was shown to not be so easy to take down with just Stakes, did you even watch "May I Come In?" The Vamp King let Marceline defeat him, and that's the only way he was defeated. If we didn't include Marceline and PB, Finn wouldn't have fought half of them. The Vamp King, Moon, Fool, and Hierophant are no threat to anyone. They would eat animals just like everyone else. The Empress was the one that wanted to rebuild.

They felt the former was used up for the series. Counting the comics, they were over 93% right

nah

Hardly. What does "have by the balls" even mean? Finn knows PB means well because he was there to understand that she always meant well for them. Your argument is that Finn didn't see what the audience has the benefit to for making the decision of if she is truly bad and evil, and was saying she's goof and sweet just because. Have you ever thought that he is loyal to her? Since when is being loyal being walked all over? Have you ever thought that Finn wasn't sure where to start on contradicting theur conspiracies? He didn't exactly have the chance to research and make a decision like we do.

I stopped reading the main line at around issue 20, what am I missing out on

>tfw when a badass/cool character becomes total shit

Why do people still watch it? It simpsoned itself several seasons ago when the writers kept leaving and the new ones were shit. What's the attachment?

Season 6 isn't season 7, user. Season 6 was subpar at most.