More like War for some random base in the middle of nowhere

More like War for some random base in the middle of nowhere.

And what's with all the monkey close-ups? We get it, you're proud of your CGI but these things are ugly as fuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

planetoftheapes.wikia.com/wiki/Colonel_McCullough
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The base was located under a snowy moutain.

What was the purpose of this post?

Remember that Nova's father was killed by Caesar?

>implying anybody remembers any details

I watched this for cool action scenes. I wanted to see the apes killing modern soldiers using creative techniques like in the first movie.

wow racist

Ah, you're a brainlet i see. Back to capeshit you go

>Spider cucks trying to criticize Ape-Kino to cover for the fact their movie is underperforming.

fuuuck this movie was good.

>And what's with all the monkey close-ups?
So you sympathize with the apes

The biggest problem with this movie was the Koba was no longer the main villain. Koba was such a great bad guy. Scary, menacing, but also understandable.

Dawn is my favorite because of him. such a good antagonist. The Colonel was badass but can't get on Koba's level. loved how they brought him back though.

I usually HATE dream sequences in movies but I liked them in this movie for the simple reason that we got to see Koba again. I did think that the plot device of the Koba apes siding with humans was dumb, though. The Koba followers should be the last ones to be collaborators.

Loved it, but I feel it was pretty predictable. I knew right after his sob story that The Colonel would get the disease. I knew the Avalanche was gonna fall and take everyone out. I knew Buck was gonna die.
The thing about Dawn was that it was pretty unpredictable in how things went down, and while the story and such is still top notch here, it felt too safe. Wasn't enough drama in how all the Apes escaped. Also not sure how I liked Caesar dying like that

>Koba apes siding with humans was dumb

yeah that didn't make too much sense.

Why did the colonel say the virus made the humans primitive? The girl was clearly pretty smart to know sign language

i thought he was just being ignorant

yeah she was. she didn't have the blood on her face like the colonel did or the guy that was left for dead in the snow

The girl also doesn't have any strong reaction to seeing a group of fucking chimpanzees with guns come in, shoot her dad, and take her with them. Throughout the entire story, the girl never really shows any emotion besides curiosity and general bemusement. Something is clearly wrong with her that does beyond "can't talk."

Yeah I guess you're right. Also what was the point of the other human character? I thought he was gonna be a another ape sympathizer. And I guess in a way he was. I mean I respect that the movie doesn't shove it in your face and has actual subtlety

The colonel specifically says that when he gave the orders to kill everyone with the virus that a lot of his men deserted with their kids to live in the woods. To me that seemed like the most in your face way of saying that the girl did actually have the disease. It's clear that her father didn't have it because he talked before he was shot so it must have been her.

The girl was cute and her face was very welcome when contrasted to all the ugly apes. This movie wasn't worthy of the title "War" and you know it. It's like Rec 4 all over again. I guess I can't blame them though, they do have a limited budget.

I thought it was pretty clear she had the disease. fuck the first scene she has a nosebleed

This post is postkino

It very much is War. For fucks sake war doesn't just mean exploding things

The whole movie was centered around one base. And the guy in charge of the base wasn't even part of the real war, he was doing his own thing. This whole movie was some fanfic inconsequential bullshit. And I'm sorry for being mean.

How is it not a real war? Its humans vs humans vs Apes.
why does it matter where it was set? Did it somehow lessen the impact of the story it told?
Also how is most of humanity wiped out inconsequential?

You're a fucking idiot if you watch the modern Ape films looking for subtext.

>took me half the movie to remember the humans in the old ones couldn't talk

>forgot the chick in the original was called Nova

>forgot one of the main chimps was named Cornelius

fuck I should re-watch the whole trilogy to see what else I missed

Nah I agree with him, you are a brainlet and there's plenty of subtext in these movies

There was hardly in any action in both of the two past films

Why was this movie so good Sup Forums?

Fuck it, why was this series so good? This was a zero expectations prequel trilogy to fucking Planet of the Apes. It took us from James Franco and monkey-in-the-house comedy all the way to insane post-apocalyptic cults and monkeys fighting on horseback.

And. It. Was. Really. Good.

Because the people that made it had a vision for it. Matt Reeves especially seemed to really care for the product.

Best post of the year so far

Rise was 90% story? Dawn has more action but hardly enough to even be called an action movie

Fuck off, it wasnt "really good" the movies barely held together and the plot was insanely dumb. Just more wannabe smart popcorn bullshit for morons like you to slurp up

Was it really her father, though?

That's what I'm thinking. It's the natural assymption but we still don't know for sure as the colonel stated that there were desetures

what else would they be, lovers? get real

Andy serkis is probably the most reddit tier actor who was the least interesting character in this movie

>letting that cunny go to waste when there isn't woman for miles around

You're right, it is kind of weird to expect subtext and allegories in these types of movies. But it's there, and good subtext at that, which gives it more depth and sophistication than what you're used to.

Also, the Apes' films were full of subtext going all the way back to the first one in 1968.

and the funniest part was when the plot avalance comes and kills all the bad guys and all the apes survive.

Hey OP!
Action has never been the focus of these movies

>And what's with all the monkey close-ups?
They need to engage their 'urban' audience somehow.

What did they mean by this?
I swear to god if that woman is a species traitor in the movie...

He's a great actor and the best, most interesting character in the series you contrarian fuck

Even steve zahn the comic relief surpassed him in spades

I'm so happy with this trilogy, I saw war yesterday and it left me speechless. Having something so good and different in these times is really refreshing. I was so happy at the end of the film that I couldn't believe it. Everything had worked out. The only thing I didn't like so much was the avalanche

>avalanche
it was literally just written in as a cheap way to make the rest of the humans go away so they wouldn't kill the apes. I hated that too

Ya it wouldve been better if everyone got infected at the end as the final nail for the fall of man.

>she didn't have the blood on her face

Nah she had a bloody nose when the apes find her, its also not stated how long it takes to become primitive, if thats even what happens beyond loss of speech.

I didnt understand the desire for building a wall, they should have been building trenches (if possible with diggers due to frozen ground) because it would only take one tank and a few shits to take that shit out, it seemed the filmakers fundamentally misunderstood modern war, they had a fortress that gets stormed by hundreds of soldiers all just rushing on foot towards it out in the open. This is all a bit of a moot point though given any military commander would at least try firing a few shots into the mountain in the hopes of triggering an avalanche anyway.

Whats the fucking timeline of all of this ape movies

The Colonel was obviously insane, user.

More importantly what was the timeline of Caesar getting shot with the arrow then turning up in Colorado? he was still fucking bleeding, no one tried to treat the wound in all that time.

Cried like a bitch through this whole movie, good thing the theater was empty.

Nearly lost my shit when I thought Rocket was going to die creating the distraction, that motherfucker suffered so much

RIP Caesar

It's the Red Sea collapsing on top of the Egyptians after Moses has escaped you silly cunt

In terms of military tactics though he didn't seem to be that off the mark though that they would make such an obvious fuck up, they managed to use apes as scouts and mules in combat, also were able to effectively enter apes cave and kill Caesars son.

>I didnt understand the desire for building a wall
I think they were basically trying to paint the Colonel as Trump. Everyone's obsessed with that damn wall.

I watched the movie today and I don't remember anything about a wall. what are you guys talking about?

This is Preacher, say something nice about him

It made sense if you think in how they feed the fire in making the apes clash with them

based

that was the whole point of having monkey slaves
it was a major plot point in the whole movie
were you choking on your nigger boyfriend's cock or something?

I was thinking the same thing until he shot Caesar at the end. Maybe all the exposure was just to make that moment more powerful

Anyone remember the scene where the colonel turns to the camera and says if the humans lose
>It will become a planet of the apes
What the fuck were they thinking? (Not a meme)

That was funnier in your head.

Keep it there next time.

? Did you watch the movie? It happened you retard

Thanks, also a reference to something the colonel said: Its the law of nature, youll survive and we won't. They survive climbing on trees, something the humans can't do as fast

incredible post

planetoftheapes.wikia.com/wiki/Colonel_McCullough
Spastic

His delivery is completely different from the trailer and he does not look directly at the camera, you meme loving fucks, go fuck your mothers.

oh you're just talking about the thing he blew up at the end? I wouldn't really call that a wall

You've been btfo

Seems like a natural thing to say in that situation.

He was going to shoot Rocket, Luca & Maurice.

>Apaches getting in close enough to get taken out by an RPG

Didn't like this at all.

/thread

How many of the soldiers would have actually be properly militarily trained anyway, and not just random survivors who banded together?
Any fault in military strategy can probably be overlooked.

I don't get it. Is this a reference to something?

The French title is "Planet of the Apes : Supremacy". It's a much better title

Just watch the original planet of the apes.

The new ones are crappy.

These 3 were way better than the any 3 of the originals. The story of the originals was better, but the execution was dreadful, at least after the first one.

If you can fly an apache you are not just some random survivor and in regards to strategy im not talking about those on the ground but their commanders.

>how did the apes in the original movies look more humanoid
>Nova joins the apes

Oh god no.

Literally race war