Why is Pamela Isley in Arkham again? She doesn't seem mentally unstable. Criminal, sure. But not really insane

Why is Pamela Isley in Arkham again? She doesn't seem mentally unstable. Criminal, sure. But not really insane.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eu17Wuq3nI8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because a regular prison wouldn't be able to hold her, senpai.

She literally thinks rose bushes are worth more than human lives and feeds people to giant pitcher plants.
Don't let her fondness for Harley fool you, she's as much of a crazy monster as any of them.

Aren't some of Batman's rogues in Blackgate ?

Neither does arkham.

Uhh what the fuck are you talking about. She values plant life over human life.

I don't see how that qualifies ad being mentally unstable. Just a warped perspective.

Most criminals value money over human life

That's mentally ill person. If she sees someone in the court yard about to step on a flower, she is liable to murder them to keep them from stepping on the flower. She sees people as objects to be manipulated.

Histrionic personality disorder.

>She literally thinks rose bushes are worth more than human lives and feeds people to giant pitcher plants.

>Uhh what the fuck are you talking about. She values plant life over human life.

That's not grounds for insanity. Lots of people value animals over humans.

I get that a regular prison won't be able to deal with her, but she doesn't seem to belong in a mental asylum either.

Where do they send Superman's rogues? Isn't it to some S.T.A.R. Lab facilities or something? That sounds more appropriate for her.

Yeah, some people do value plant life over human life, the difference is they won't try to kill you to preserve the plant life. It's the intent that she has to do whatever is necessary to protect the plants with no regard for anything else that makes her criminally insane. She doesn't have the mental capacity to go to prison because in her mind what she's doing isn't wrong. Much like the mother who drowned her children because in her mind there was a fire in the apartment.

Along with nymphomania.

Filth like this should be put down.

Was it Morrison's Serious House on Serious Earth where all the guards would gang rape the female inmates?

No. I'm pretty sure not.

Im pretty sure it was

Stop making shit up

So should other psychopaths go to insane asylums because they care more about money, or street cred more than people?

I think it was Neil Gaiman "Orchid" (or something like that) were it was said

I've read A Serious House several times, it's my favorite Batman comic, and I don't recall any indication of that at all.
The closest to that I can remember is male inmates trading stuff for sex with the inmates in the female ward. From Living Hell.

>Lots of people value animals over humans
Yea, and those people should be in mental hospitals

Ok

You're thinking of Neil Gaiman's Black Orchid.

Needs special conditions to hold her, same as Freeze.

>your head
>mental health

Its not about valuing it over human life, it's about believing only it has value.

A robber who commits a murder in the act clearly thinks the money is worth killing them over, but he does not think that human life has no value, he simply sees more value in the money.

Pamela sees no value in human life and would kill us all if she had the choice because she thinks that is best for plants.

It's not about placing value over something, it's about the fact that she places no value on human life and sees that as completely in the right.

When they kill someone for a dollar, yes. I don't mean when they're paid a dollar to kill someone, I mean they kill a person to keep a dollar safe.

There's a difference between Swamp Thing and Poison Ivy. Ivy will kill you for cutting your damn lawn, and he won't, do you get it?

It was in Black Orchid. And Ivy said that none of the guards would rape her because they were too scared of her.

Ahhhh okay thanks. I knew I had read it somewhere, its all a blur now after decades of reading.

>this is the same guy that used the Riddler as a soapbox to complain about comics getting too dark

>Pamela sees no value in human life
Do you even read comics. If that were true she wouldn't be getting wet over Harley and saving children. Ivy fucking loves children.
You don't know what you're talking about on any level of this conversation.

>Ivy will kill you for cutting your damn lawn, and he won't, do you get it?
MAYBE. In a few interpretations but mostly, no she won't.

The Harley and the children then have only appeared in the last 5 years and might as well be fan fic.

Also pyschopaths tend to sympathize with children and animals. What are you some retard that ships HarleyxIvy and is trying to find some justification for it?

I'm just gonna leave this here.

Ignoring the times DC tried to make her an anti-hero, (meaning when she wasn't in Arkham), that's consistently been the flavor of her madness.

Am I just tired, or does "flavor of madness" sound like a band name?

Why do so many criminals in Gotham hold doctorates?

the word 'power' isn't being used enough in this discussion

Ivy is potentially the most powerful of all the Batman villains, she's could be a superman villain with a slight personality change

when someone is that powerful every decision they make has more significance

Reminder that she prostitutes herself to Arkham's guards.

Only in Slott's fap-fiction.

>Also pyschopaths tend to sympathize with children and animals.
>psychopath
>sympathize
HAHAHAH are you dumb? That's not how psychopaths work.
Here's a psychopath "sympothizing" with a child.
youtube.com/watch?v=eu17Wuq3nI8

>Ignoring the times DC tried to make her an anti-hero
>Ignoring HUGE swaths of her character history for my personal convenience I'm right
Fuck off.

Arkham has a study program for inmates so they can take classes remotely

Has she ever gone up against Swamp Thing? I'm curious how comparable they are now.
The only interactions I can find between the two are Injustice and Rotworld, but I know for a fact they've interacted outside that.

user, you asked why she's locked up in Arkham, and then bring up instances where shes considered sane enough to stay out of Arkham.
That doesn't discount the times she slips back into misanthropic insanity.

kek go to bed HarleyxIvy fag shes insane and so are you.

Several times including Injustice comic
She outright defeated Superman once

If that's your argument then she's been perfectly sane and rather nice even for since the Nu52. There's no reason in current continuity for her to go to an insane asylum.

I happen to have an old pasta for this I wrote some years back when I was drunk. And since I'm drunk now it something.

That they turn against Batman just shows that he is invasive, he just doesn't belong there. The city tries to drive him mad but he persists. That he dresses up as a bat is just a way to get the city to accept him as part of it. Not the city as in the buildings, but the city as in the people. That he has to dress up as a bat to fit in is a testament to how sick the city is. Yet it remains and Batman, having nowhere else to go, adopts the city as a new family. Which is why he can never kill the bad guys. His crusade is that of a child trying to make his parents conform to his expectations. The irony here is also that the doctors, the people who were to help him, are all insane, and can offer no help other than for him to join them in madness, as a parent puts expectations on a child. He struggles to not grow up (which also explains the ridiculous costume).

In a way the city and the villains he faces are dark reflections of his psyche. All the villains represent different sides of himself, the doctors especially. The doctors represent his will to cure Gotham from the sickness that has taken hold. Once again, irony in that he is trying to cure the doctors. What he doesn't realize however is that the city is inherently insane, and he is the infection, which is why the doctors fight him. He is what is wrong with the city. Which I guess makes the Joker into Patch Adams for the purposes of this metaphor.

Is she in Arkham now, for reasons besides they're the only place in Gotham that can hold her?

>Several times including Injustice comic

Besides that though. I heard they met in one of the Justice League books, but I can't remember which one.

It's impossible to lock her up at all now that Harley has an ongoing. She's needed for frequent guest appearances.

So OP is bitching that a version of a character that ISNT locked up... shouldn't be locked up?

I'd really like to see both Ivy & Harley properly reformed as they keep going over and back. A redemption arc where Pam learns to relate to humans while still being defender of the green would be interesting to read.

I feel like out of all the villains they're the best candidates for it. Semi-reformed Riddler was sort of fun but not as believable.

Problem is a lot of writers have pushed them to do edgy shit that makes them irredeemable which I think doesn't fit with how the characters should be written(maybe Ivy a little) so it might require another soft reboot. But I think the concept of Poison Ivy as a somewhat heroic figure is so interesting because of how heavily she's tied with the typical and sometimes annoying femme fatale trope.

Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy are pretty much reformed right now and Batman gives them both protection.

They're basically the new Huntress. Edgy anti-heroes that Batman keeps an eye on.

Reforming female villains is such a thirsty thing to do.

Its in the same vein as making them bisexual.

Hell, if she needs a villain to fight at the climax, she can borrow the Floronic Man. Not only is he closer to her in power than Swamp Thing, but they've also been linked in her backstory in various outside sources. Plus, when he's a villain he basically has the same motivation as her, so it'd be pottery.

actually these points are not true. She acts as though she values plant life more, but in reality she is only using that as a vehicle for her psychosis. She has been shown to truly not give a shit about her plants and has used them as meatshields, putting them in harms way and discarding them, no matter how much she cries about "MUH BABIES" and the 'atrocities' humanity inflicts on the plant world.

She doesn't want the extinction of all herbivores, she just wants to lash out for attention.

Ivy has a storied history that reveals her motives are not as simple as she claims.

She is dangerous, but so are most things that are in nature.

>Lots of people value animals over humans
And how many of those people are so misanthropic they consider human beings as worthless pests that need to be exterminated, actively kill and maim people and destroy property in pursuit of this goal, and declare themselves as slaves of animal-kind?

Plus as far as anyone besides Ivy and Swamp Thing can tell, Ivy's claim that she actually talks to and communicates with plants are just schizophrenic delusions. Science would suggest plants don't have a consciousness, and though she can control plant life, she can't prove that she communes with them.

Thinks the loss of plant life is equal to the murder of a human. Plain and simple.

>And how many of those people are so misanthropic they consider human beings as worthless pests that need to be exterminated
Poison Ivy doesn't think that you jackass.

>Female is a vilain
>huuuuuurr she needs to be reformed because she did nothing wrong, she makes my peepee hard and is my otp canon.

Waifufags are cancer.

Enough versions of her do that its just as valid an interpretation as anything else.

Evil doesn't make sense.

Mostly, but like they were building to it with Gotham Sirens and threw it away in a stupid way at the end. I would have loved to see her actually be a proper member of Birds of Prey, but now they'll never have her back.

There's nothing wrong with a good female villain. In fact we could do with more of them. It's just that Ivy embodies too much of a stereotype - sometimes a fun one, yes, but she's more interesting as a hero. Same goes for Harley, who was never meant to be a villain in her own right.

No, that was Magpie.

Even Swamp thing thinks she's nuts.

Name a female villain now that hasn't done a stint as a hero/anti-hero, and ISN'T a literally who. Female villains get redeemed far more than male ones do.

You don't need to reform villains, comic book writers just need to learn the meaning of nuance.
>how do I show that this character os the bad guy?
>I know! I'll have them kill random civilians while talking about how much they love killing innocent people!

So progressive...?

The Joker's daughter is a reversal where a Female hero becomes a grimderp edgy villain.

homosexuality seems like a legit mental issue.

Just to make it even, compare that to make villains. Compare the ratios, to make it fair, since there are more male villains.

it's not to meant to be.

because she thinks shes a plant when really shes just a green bitch

Does that mean OP should seek medical treatment.

Palmiotti and Conner already said that Harley and Ivy aren't villains anymore and that Batman will be showing up more and more in Harley's comic to help the gals out.

I'd pollinate her flower.

if she value plant life over human, why don't she becoming Swamp thing. is right, it's just her bullshit

Circe? People know her, right?

Justice League United.

Palmiotti and Conner were a mistake

Same reason the Floronic Man didn't.

Didn't she have a stint where she was kinda good or was that all a ruse?

She's even tried to pull the old feminist routine, which Waller called her out on.

Harley's comic takes place in the future after Harley's received her pardon from the Suicide Squad.

>people keep posting ivy
>naked, thongs, dressed as a skank
>if everyone died tomorrow, i would be happier

Damn, Amanda really is the best.

Why are we having a thread dedicated to that stale cheesecake Poison Ivy instead of a thread dedicated to the eternal glory of The Wall?

>Trying to shame a guy with a strawman, after having enslaved the guy in question earlier in the comic

She would fit right in on twitter.

>hippie
>not significantly mentally ill

>ywn be raped by ivy and harley on your first as a guard at arkham

>But not really insane
that pussy insane tho

>ywn be a henchman for Harley & Ivy and ""accidentally"" catching them having sex

>enslaving someone is bad
Sure but she's hot so no foul.

Bitch is crazy.