Is it really that bad?

Is it really that bad?

It's more mediocre than bad. It's at least less shit than MoS or BvS.

Ain't no mercy, ai-ain-ain't no mercy.

It's about a 5/10 at best

Have you seen The Man with the Iron Fists? The RZA movie? It's not quite that bad, but not far from it.

People seem to be reviewing things much more leniently and also harshly these days. Decent movies get scores that are too high, and mediocre movies get scores that are too low.

Imagine Guardians of the Galaxy but all the jokes fall flat and the soundtrack sucked.

> 26 vs 74

Proof critics are paid Marvel drones.

Cape movies are getting stale. Who would have guessed?

That's actually a great description, man with the iron fist on paper had everything going for it with awsone trailers. It was bland as shit but had based Russell.crowe

Well out of the first audiences who rushed out to see it, a little less than three fourths liked it. I'm sure some people are probably gonna talk about a "critic fan disconnect", but that's already not that good when you think about it.

Critics aren't opening-night fans.

It was at 26/98 last night. Then at midnight it released across the world. Also, there were apparently an unusually large number of Thursday preview showings.

By monday it'll probably be closer to 45%. Shouldn't really surprise you at this point, unless you're that guy who's been autistically crying "what's wrong with Green Lantern" for the last five years. If five years of watching that shitfest back didn't explain it to you or make it seem credible that DC movies could be bad, you're just hopeless. I mean at this point even as a troll you'd be pathetic, it's just such low-hanging fruit. Fucking Boco wouldn't touch your act. Boco. That's who you're worse than right now. Old Cunt Destroyer himself.

Genuinely confused about the negative reactions. I liked it, wassn't that bad. Of course, i also kinda liked BvS, retrospect I can see why that was disliked. So....what'd people hate about this? It was some fun supervillains doing stuff, i'd give it a 7.5/10 easy

They're both equally boring. GL as a movie is worse but I wouldn't sit through any of them ever again.

The Man with the Iron Fists gets homage points. What is Suicide Squad an homage to?

THAT WAS OUR MAIN SATELLITE UPLINK

The only bad parts were the action scenes. Solid 6/10.

Escape from New York? The premise is kinda similar. Suicide Squad is nowhere near as good a movie, though.

yes.

I thought we had this CONTAINED!

>a little less than 3/4 liked
>source: my ass
If anything it seems like the majority of the audience liked it.

So Guardians of the Galaxy?

I look forward to seeing how well it will have some in the box office this weekend.

GL was a mediocre movie at worst.
It followed the Marvel formula even without being a Marvel movie, and it was a perfectly serviceable, average cape flick.

But nerds only cared for details, and normies were told it was uncool, unlike Batman or Iron Man which they can freely like.

I thought (and still think) that MoS was a great movie. Didn't like BvS or SS but anyone who thinks BvS was the better of the two has objectively shitty taste. Both were muddled with too many new characters, constantly tripping over five different plotlines, and had piss poor editing but SS was at the very least kind of fun and had great actors as opposed to grimderp wooden Cavill and blabbering Eisensperg. Overall I didn't regret wasting money on seeing this like I did with BvS.

You do know that 74% is a little less than 3/4ths right?

Yes source: your ass. The picture you posted. 74%
74% means that almost three fourths of the people who uploaded scores gave it a "good review" AKA, over 2.5. If you look at the average score as well, it's already 3.9/5
Seems not bad, until you remember that these are the people who rushed out to see the movie opening night. This same thing happened to BvS, and now it sits at less audience popularity than any MCU movie.

>>source: my ass
Not that user but a little less than 3/4ths is probably that whole 74% thing in the OP.

Not that I put much stock in it since most of those are probably pre-release reviews and/or midnight showing reviews and are naturally going to skew more positive.

See. You're like my friend who just doesn't get it. You zone out watching movies, you enjoy it, and you ignore it's flaws. The bad plot, crappy editing, shitty dialogue, etc. None of this registers to you while watching it. When someone tries to explain it, you don't get it. Example he loved this movie when we went last night as much as he loves Pelham 123. You're entertained so you ignore its flaws.

Personally I was interested for it but what began to buffer my enthusiasms before seeing it was the scene with Harley saying nice to meet'cha. It's shit dialogue and comes across cringeworthy.

Green Lantern had the problem of Hal being an unlikable asshole, the CGI costume not looking very good, and the story being a mess due to it being three scripts (with very different characterizations) smashed together.

>You're entertained so you ignore its flaws.

This is true for every fictional film or book you enjoy though.

I'LL HACK THROUGH THE BACKGROUND DATABASE TO TRY AND BYPASS THE FIREWALL

It's an action superhero movie though. Shallow characters, cheesy dialogue, is that worth a 2.6/10?

And what's wrong with zoning out? IT's a movie about super villains shooting stuff. Was anybody surprised? Were there greater expectations?

I get it though, i don't wanna defend it, say you can't hate it, but i liked it. It's way better than 26% in my opinion. Pretty Good

I dunno if that's true. I liked the last Ninja Turtles movie but I can freely admit that its antagonists were weak as hell.

>The Man with the Iron Fists gets homage points.

Homage points are the worst kind of points. If the only merit a film has is that it reminds of you a better movie that said film is worse than bad because a bad film can still have it's own ideas and merits.

I liked The Man With The Iron Fists though.

Not at all. It's good.

This. BvS was around 80%-90% by this time. These flicks usually get high audience rate, like fucking Transformers has 86%. 74% is worrisome.

Not for everyone. This is why people walk out of movies, why they do not finish books, and why they don't tolerate certain things in their life.

Example. A lot of people cannot watch movies with bad cgi, especially older movies with bad cgi. It's distracting and makes you not want to watch it, so they don't watch it.

This is what I mean by you or another user not getting it.
Not everyone is capable of zoning out and ignoring flaws. If a flaw bothers you so much you can't focus on the story then you don't enjoy it that much. If the flaw is so bad and the story is bad then you have to cling to something. In this case Harley's cute ass. Bad story, bad acting, bad dialogue, but hey the cute ass distracts you enough to zone out. Not everyone is capable of doing that because, bluntly, they have better things to do with their time. Which is essentially why they will walk out of a movie.

It doesn't mean you're wrong for enjoying the movie. That's your opinion. What you're wrong for thinking is your opinion overshadows everyone elses opinions. And with review sites you're getting a collective of opinions. So when the collective disagrees with yours, you don't get it because you enjoyed the movie. Even though others are telling you they didn't.

Either you ignore the flaws or you don't let them impede your enjoyment of something, de facto ignoring them.

Everything that people point out as a flaw in suicide squad, poor villain, lax character development, bad editing, too many song montages, etc., are all "flaws" in critically received films, but a film being good isn't based on the number of flaws or how big the flaws are, it's based on the number of positives you take from the film.

>The Man with the Iron Fists
As terrible as that was, it has a higher percentage rating and a higher average score rating than Suicide Squad.

I don't think you understand how Rotten Tomatoes works. It got a 4.7/10. The big number on top shows how many reviews gave it above positive review. The little number below it shows the average critic score

>You enjoy

So we've all decided that we have to put down the DC friends, for their own good, but HOW should we go about ending their suffering?

I heard that when you catch a rabid squirrel you're supposed to drown it, should we do that with the DC friends?

I'm open to suggestions, but time is of the essence. We have to euthanize them before the Wonder Woman film flops

I thought it was pretty good. Not even a DCuck here. This solid step in the right direction after the missteps that were MoS and BvS. Just hope Wonder Woman can be at least as good.

It's just the shitty way RT counts the score. Since it includes the want to see score from before release, the numbers are bloated

I personally thought it was garbage yes, but I'm also of the camp that cape films are all terrible. Yes, even the first Avengers. Mostly because they're all basic plot devices painted with super hero masks, and the stories have all been told before hundreds of times.

But this movie was particularly bad. The actions sequences were filler, so I spent more time wishing those would end so we could further the plot. People in the theater were wondering who Leto was supposed to be (I actually heard someone ask "wasn't the Joker supposed to be in this?" when leaving the theater), Deadshot was completely nerfed into a good guy, Harlee Quin had no business being there other than eye candy, and they didn't give any of the other meta-humans anything to do. They all just posed and looked cool while Deadshot delivered painfully bored sounding lines. And don't get me started on the editing. It honestly felt like a bad youtube poop that someone forgot to finish editing.

I give it a 3/10. It wasn't worth the money and it wasn't worth the quarter billion dollar budget it got.

SS had Yeezy for like 30 seconds.
GotG is 2 hours of dad rock.

>implying Wonder Woman won't get the Ghostbusters treatment

See, this DC friend right here. Unable to face the cruel reality, he has retreated into a world of delusion. It isn't long before he gets the word "Damaged" tattooed on his forehead and starts molesting children.

We need to do away with him quick. He's already a danger to himself, it won't be long before he's a danger to others

No one wants to put DC down. We want them to make better movies. The brand loyalty bs is just a few minor fans and trolls playing games.

You can be a fan of the Avengers & Justice League. That's why the companies use to do cross-overs for fans. Both companies tell different stories with different tones. The problem is Warner Brothers is putting it's trust in shit-tier directors. People who are better suited to making music videos and movie trailers than actual movies.

>Meet Slipknot. He can climb anything.
They may as well have tattooed DEAD MEAT on his forehead.

Middling praise, horrible box office?

>and the soundtrack sucked.
Holy shit especially the Eminem song. That sounded so incredibly out of place

>dad rock
Oh that feel. The last time I had that was when Deadpool made the quip about Limp Bizkit.

Except that the score also includes the "want to see" votes from users who haven't seen the movie yet.

>You can be a fan of the Avengers & Justice League.

Do you... know anyone like that? Someone who likes good films, but has weird schizophrenice episodes where he thinks Zack Synder film's are anywhere approaching decent?

Well, you should take action quickly. Your friend is in a rough state, I'm not going to lie. But he doesn't have to be put down. If we lobotmize his brain, perhaps he won't be so mentally disturbed as to like DC films.

But again, time is of the essence. Get him to a hospital, quickly

What? No, it's not. Who the hell told you liking something means you have to ignore any and all faults it may have?

now I know you all be lovin' this shit right here

Be contrarian all you want, user. It won't make the movie any less fun and successful.

No, its not amazing but it's not bad. I actually liked it

I liked BvS, but I thought Suicide Squad was pretty bad.

I was more bored by it than anything.

No, I don't know many people who think Synder is a good director.

Do I know anyone who likes the Avengers and Justice League? Aka Marvel & DC? Yes. A shit load of them to be honest. People who loved X-Men TAS/Spiderman TAS and Batman TAS/Justice League. No, most didn't like Superman TAS cuz it was pretty shitty. These are the same people who were iffy about X-Men Evolution (they made all the X-Men younger) but loved Teen Titans.

Basically, some of us HOPE that Warner brothers does something right with the DC movie universe. Because we we were fans of the comics and cartoons.

Hell, here's one even more baffling. Most fans love X-Men and Wolverine comics. But hate the movies. The movies are shit. This is essentially what Warner Brothers is doing with DC. But the part thats so fucking baffable is Warner Bro OWNS DC. While Marvel/Disney don't own the rights to the X-Men movies.

>tfw that scene came to mind instantly when returned from college and ran into bully from middle school working at dairy queen

Liking Justice League the comic and the characters and the franchise doesn't mean you have to like the upcoming movie.

DC fans does NOT equal Snyder fans.

Just like TMNT, GI Joe, and Transformer fans hope they'll eventually get a decent movie of their favorite franchise. Doesn't mean they're Bay fans.

>tfw no one else likes Rise of Cobra
It's so shitty but entertaining at the same time

I don't even remember the movie other than Bruce Willis in the back of the truck. I barely remember the first one, except the wanna be Iron Man suits.

>tfw did him dry in the alley behind dairy queen for pocket change

It's better than Green Lantern and BvS. The Ultimate Cut for BvS barely saves the film. At lest Suicide Squad made some fucking sense and was fun. I can get where the complaints about the editing and weak villain comes from, but a lot of the hate seems ridiculous. It's almost like some critics saw a different movie.

I found Suicide Squad more nonsensical than BvS, honestly.

How?

that was one of the best used songs in the movie. It worked perfectly for the scene it was in.

>is it really that bad
How about you watch it and find out for yourself.

Why wasn't the Joker fucking funny? His henchmen were better.

because he isnt a retard like you that cant understand BvS

THE FIRE IN MY LOINS

Nah, I actually told one of my friends brothers who became a Cop to keep an eye on him. Why would a guy like that be working as a cashier in a place that's filled with teenaged girls. When his father owns a construction company. Technically it was because drinking and drug habit, but, yeah the seeds were planted.

I disagree desu. I thought it didn't fit at all and just sticked out like a sore thumb

well I guess we just have different opinions then

Everyone I talked to who watched it, even the people didn't like it, all agree that no it's not that bad.

BvS had a unifying theme that tied the character development together, and the motivations of those characters just seemed more consistent and emphasized by the events of the movie.

Suicide Squad ignores half of its cast, and the few characters it does both to give a central role skip ahead through any sort of development so where they end up doesn't really make sense compared to how they've acted for most of the movie.

But how is suicide squad more nonsensical?

woof

Just came back from seeing it. It was ok. A lot of the jokes were miss, and there were a LOT of them.
The rest of the crew weren't as focused on as Harley, El Diablo, and Deadshot. Which only made me care about Deadshot (I didn't like Harley all that much). Of course the villain was bad as well.

So I'd definitely call it an ok movie. I liked everything else about it. Just hated those few things. Oh yeah, and Joker was fucking awful. I want to rid that version from my mind.

Oh also the "we have to save Flagg/Waller" motivations for the characters stop making sense about halfway through where it becomes really unclear as to whether the neck explosives are active or not. All too often it just feels like the characters stick together because the plot demands it rather than any sort of apparent determination on their part.

I'd honestly give it a B-. Very enjoyable desu.

My only flaws were
-Some jokes just dont land
-Katanna shouldn't have been there, she added nothing and only really spoke on japanese
-Joker Leto was fine but wasn't in it enough to get this interpretation of the character really

Besides those, I really liked it. an anyone else tell me some chief flaws critics have brought up against it? I found it pretty much as enjoyable as deadpool's movie (though I dont like DP all that much).

Agreed, their mission and its objectives become pretty unclear eventually

Yeah, I really didn't like Leto's Joker. Dude's a good actor, but I just couldn't get into this interpretation of the character. He's maneirisms and overall way he carried himself and talked seemes like a really bizarre cross between The Joker, Voldemort and Tony Montana.

His*
Seemed*

Rise of Cobra is the first one.

>Besides those, I really liked it. an anyone else tell me some chief flaws critics have brought up against it?

Badly edited first half, cliched third act

Overuse of pop music

Half the cast is wasted and gets no development

Tries too hard to be "edgy" and adult with a PG-13 rating.

>implying ratings mean anything
Way to play into the MPAA hands.

Yes to both

Yes. It's a hair more enjoyable than Green Lantern, but it's just as boring.

I meant it in the sense that it plays up the grimy and edgy aesthetic but doesn't have anything genuinely shocking to back up that tone.

it's not a strong opening atm.
50 million in two days while "On target" isn't going to hold strength
it will likely decline a good portion each week and might make New GB numbers which is about 150~200
It's budget was somehow the same as BvS (250 million) so it's dosn't even have a great chance to break even
Bad or not if people dislike WW as much and check out of theaters like BvS and what seems to be happening with SS enjoy watching the most depressing Justice League launch. Whether JL is critically acclaimed or not WB might have done enough damage to the brand that Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman may no longer have the pull of the general audience to get seats filled.

I never thought I live a day where that was even a possibility.

It's not great. Mediocre score, bad editing, the good songs on the soundtrack are used in the wrong scenes, a lot of the jokes are flat and a lot of the cast is horribly underused. Also, a very underwhelming Joker.

That being said, I can SEE there was probably a slightly better movie here, left on the cutting room floor.

I'd rate it more of a 48%.

Just got back from seeing it. Funny how all this week i have been told this movie is actually WORSE than , Spider-Man 3. Fantastic Four , Green Lantern , Hitler and aids!

I go see it and i ended up liking it quite a bit and i wasn't the only one either. The crowed applauded at the end of the movie. They also cheered the scnees where Smith shot startes blasting Zombies away on top pf a car ( which is admittedly a pretty good scene showcasing Dead shot's skills)
The "THIS IZ KATANUH SHE GOT MUH BACK" scene people laughed at Harley's "stench of Death line" too. Speaking of Harley she was perfect. Plain and simple, that was Harley fucking Quinn. For me she stole the show. Capt Boomerang was great in the few scenes he had too. Kinda nice when Jai Courtney is actually allowed to have a personality! I liked the Flash Cameo too.

Smithshot was great, sorry but i think he was waaaaay better than the CW version. Hell i would say he was not so far removed from the Assault on Arkham Deadshot in many ways.

Leto Joker was pretty good, but there just wasn't enough of him for me to really decide if he is a truly great take on the Joker. Also seeing him go out of his way to save Harley was weird. All in all i wished he had done more shit in the movie. But what was there i did not hate so that is a good start.

Amanda Waller, much like Harley is PERFECT.

The movie itself, again nowhere near the cluster fuck i was expecting, even the editing/pacing complaints were blown out of proportion. I will say that the movie did loose steam by the last 30 minutes, IMO. The final battle fell flat for me. Up till the Bar scene it was great though, they almost had an 8/10 movie for me, as it is it's a solid 7/10. Maybe when a directors cut is released i could say it's higher, it's clear that a lot was cut out, which is a shame really.

My two cents on David Ayer's "Suicide Squad".

I think Ayer was a good fit for this property and if they make a sequel I still want him at the helm. It was suitably gritty in terms of tone while still being light. Most everyone talked, not in a Guardians/Marvel like joke quips appropriate for most audiences. They talked dirty, arguably sexist or mean spirited at times. This makes sense since most of them from the comics are generally street level criminals even with thier powers/skillsets.

A lesser director/writer would have made them more anti HERO than anti-hero. Most of them were kind of detestable but in a fun but still gritty kind of way. Most of the characters looked kind of dirty, unshaven, not pristine which is kind of interesting for a comic book movie. Also I didn't find the PG-13 to be much of an issue besides a few select scenes (katana's intro). Since they here fighting dumb monsters no gore was really necessary. About as much cursing as the comics have.

Now my main issues stem from the amount of jokes or light moments that dont really land. (What's the perfume, the stentch of death?) and other moments. While I liked the grit, Ayer needs to find a comedy writer because I dont think any of his movies are really that funny and this one had the most jokes out of any I've seen. Also Katanna was the weak link that didn't need to be included. We got suitible development out of the characters that mattered (deadshot/Quin) but boomerang/Croc could have had more lines if she had been cut. Joke fine as well, nothing special since we dont see enough of him but it was interesting to see him actually seem to be in love with Quinn.

I found the vilians fine. They performed thier jobs well enough, with a sensible enough plan. No worse than Ronan from Guardians, and I dot find him to be a particular flaw in that movie since it's about the cast.

Tl;dr: Solid B-. Could have been better with some cast trimming and better jokes.