Meanwhile, on Arrakis Sup Forums...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i7WkB4mDEgE
youtube.com/watch?v=QrHCn69rppg
youtube.com/watch?v=KZaBfbvtqqk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

GAS THE BENE GESSERIT
SPICE WAR NOW

Duncan Idaho was the real kwisatz Haderach. Talk about a fucking let down. Duncan was cool and all, but damn. I think Franks son should have let sleeping dogs lie. That and he's a fucking faggot.

au bon lait de brebiss

THICC

We all know that each race is Dune is based off of some social / political archetype in today's society. Which races were the jews / muslims?
Need to know because reasons

I'm hitting this sweet good spice my sand niggers haha!

SLEEPER MUST AWAKEN

There are actual Jews in the Charterhouse Dune.
Muslims are obviously freemen

Why aren't millennial messiahs bonding with sandtrout, Sup Forums?

I'd say the gene gesserit were the kikes. Always meddling in everyone's shit.

That's literally the case for any bit of fantasy (sci or not). It's all political commentary. That's the point. It's called subtext

Good book I've read it 2 times now

>fremen are literally sandniggers
>lot of jewish words (arafel - golden path)
Literally "Desert trilogy - 2nd edition"

The first Dune was really good.

Every sequel was not quite as good as the last.

I didn't even finish the last book.

And she has sculpture tier upper body what a shame.

Harkonnen filth are bigoted racist fat redneck tard spicers. I can't wait till my great duke takes that fat faggot and stuff is suspensors with shit.

Dune is the Hero's Journey, at least the movie is. Have not read the book.

youtube.com/watch?v=i7WkB4mDEgE

6th book was better than the 5th

Top kek.

But Baron Harkonnen laid with boys while Idaho was openly homophobic.

No you are wrong, Children and God Emperor are great. The overall story finishes strong with God Emperor despite the book itself having very little incident. Messiah is a little rough, it feels like an appendix to the first book.

Heretics and Chapterhouse are optional. And if you read the bullshit his sons wrote god help you.

First three books were great, and God Emperor was also excellent. They fell off with Heretics and Chapterhouse, and the cliffhanger was no good.

The series should have ended with God Emperor.

THREAD THEME:

>youtube.com/watch?v=QrHCn69rppg
>youtube.com/watch?v=QrHCn69rppg

In the Dune novels the Jews are the actual Jews who still exist. In a clever twist the kikes are really...The kikes..

REMOVE FREMEN!!!!! YUO ARE OF WORST ARRAKIAN!!!!!SANDWORMS WORST ENEMY SINCE BEGINNING OF TIME!!!! HOUSE HARKONNEN STRONG! FREMEN WEAK!DIE DIE DIE DIE! REMOVE FREMEN! WHY CANT I OF REMOVINGS YUO!?!? AND ATREIDES OF ARE IN EMPIRE!!!!!!! WHY YOU WORMING ME FREMEN! REMOVE SANDWORMS! REMOVE FREMEN! REMOVE THE SIETCHES! 2016 MILITARY COUP BEST DAY YOU! REMOVE FREMEN!

What was the Spacing Guild's end game?

Lmao what. I dropped the series after the third book, i'm going to re read if this is true

It's mentioned in the final book that F. Herbert wrote.
To be honest I thought that they were kind of shoehorned in as a method of carrying on the plot, which I thought wasn't that great to begin with.
No endgame, just to carry on their existence and their place at the top of society. It's a theme of the later books.

Who's the jews? The bene gesserit? awesome that they are the only modern day group surviving in the dank spice age

The Jews are just that, Jews. They don't tell anyone because they don't want to get pogromed any more. They're essentially a secret society in the same light as the Bene Gesserit and even cooperate with them when things are bad. They don't run the show like the BGs though.

Lmao, time to re read. Is it one of Herbert's books or the fanfiction shit by the lackwit son?

>I'd say the gene gesserit were the kikes
A secretive social, religious, and shadowy political force. Known for meddling in other people affairs

GAS THE GESSERIT WITCHES!

but kikes are also the guild merchants

jews = benegesserit + guild navigators + mentats

fremen = ISIS

empire = USA

Harkonen = brits. The baron is churchill

Aren't Fremen pretty much jihadi sand niggers?

>no fish speaker gf

THE BENE GESSERIT NEWSPAPERS THINK THEY CAN INTIMIDATE US WITH THEIR HIDDEN THREATS, THEY'D BETTER WATCH OUT! ONE DAY WE'LL KWISATZ HEDERACH THEIR DIRTY, LYING, CUNT MOUTHS!

Yes, the Fremen are the successors of the "Zen-Sunnis". And Paul started the galaxy-wide Jihad.

>What was the Spacing Guild's end game
They don't have one. They just get high as a motherfucker for free trips around the galaxy, because they are to lazy and baked off on spice to build their own ships

But all protagonists are Harkonnen.

you should really read the book.
The movie is not as good but still pretty good.

no, mentats = chinamen. fremen are actually based on arabian tribes, but they're chill and help paul the chosen aryan. so i wouldn't say they're ISIS.

Harkonnen is a surname in Finland today.

>what was guild's end game?
spacers won the game at the butlerian jihad, they were just coasting on their victory for the next 9000 years

>when you about to slice a sardaukar and the spice hits

youtube.com/watch?v=KZaBfbvtqqk

but fremen are fucking terrorists
>fanatical desert fighters
>literally use suicide tactics

If you consider the son's books canon their endgame was defeated the robotic immortal overmind.

if you think the son sucks it's pretty much

Led by a child produced of love, a genetic (((bene))) botched plan, the new dawn

THE SLEEPER MUST AWAKEN

the fucking movie was awesome, dropped a bunch if shit from the book just to fit in the timeframe, but god damn did it get so much right.

i want a fucking voice weapon, just be all "bix nood mothafucka" and watch something explode.

Bien vu

sounds like paul was a supreme gentleman

This is mentioned in the final book Herbert wrote before he died. I wouldn't recommend it just because I didn't like it, but you might find it appealing, I don't know.

That would be Duke Leto, fuckface, and he nabbed jessica, who was a witchie cutie

Fremen are either Jews or Muslim because they practice circumcision.

Paul was a bit of a bitch, he couldn't stand up to the plate of destiny, like his son did.

bull shit. The last three books were all great.

is that your Mom's vagina OP

Am I strange for liking the fourth book?

I really only liked the first book.

God Emperor of Dune is the best in the series, Frank Herbert really hit his stride

>when ur about to die b/c ur entire head is exposed in the desert

>Paul was a bit of a bitch, he couldn't stand up to the plate of destiny
Paul was the victim of his circumstances and it is a tragedy. He's part of several converging plots that all come to fruition when he's like 13 years old or something.

Imagine this, you're some kid in a galactic or multi-galactic empire and your father is a duke. Your father who you love is murdered in a plot by a super villain and you escape with your life. You plot to use the local populace to exact your revenge, and along the way you gain the ultimate power of seeing all possible futures, which also was thrust upon you. You get your revenge, become the emperor, and watch as billions of people are killed in a Jihad because you were put in a position that was designed before you existed, and ultimately you see that there is no future where humanity survives except one that involves you becoming horribly disfigured and you killing billions more to teach humanity a lesson. All this time you just want to go back to the way things were and love your Chani. I don't think you could honestly say he was a bitch for backing away from all that. It's supposed to be tragic in the same sense that the ancient Greek tragedies were; his name is Atreides ffs.

It's one of my favorites.

Leto II, Moneo, whiny emo Duncan. Fantastic political theory. Taking the piss out of the BG.

Really liked the conflicts between the BG's and Honored Matres. BG being led by a child Miles Teg assaulting the HM is fantastic. Shame Frank couldn't finish out the series.

Read one of the books by his son and it was literally:

and then the giant space robots burst through the defenses of the giant space armada and like wooooooom BAM they crashed and they had spider legs and guns and were rolling around the city shooting everything and humans were totally doomed and then the brave hero showed up and he killed them so bad they had to retreat and then everyone was surprised b/c he was totally Handsome AND HE WAS A HARKONNEN HAHAHA THAT TOOK U BY SURPRISE and then the beautiful princess made a speech and everyone was like whoa ur great at being a politician and she and the hero were in love and

It was the first book I threw in the trashcan.

Will they ever make a proper Dune movie?

If Dune got a Game of Thrones tier show on HBO I would probably die of orgasm overload

Then you survive coup after coup, get ur eyes burnt out. Barely maintain control of your government until you get past the moral trap of the tleilaxu and then say 'lol fuck it I'm done' and then go off into the desert to die alone and be devoured and then get 'rescued' by someone who drugs you up and uses you to try and consolidate their own fremen power until you are killed by fanatical followers of your sister for just trying to steer your people towards their origins.

and your children would assume you and your wife's personality and maybe fuck around a bit to. and your son becomes a worm.

kinda rough for paul, but he did turn away from the golden path. He should've known better.

Transhumanists BTFO

he let himself be carried by the events and rarely shaped them. He runs away at the first chance he gets, pretends to be a prophet only to go back and claim his name back. He's not an inspiring character, at least not as much as his mother, his grandfather or his son. He is not born to lead, he is forced to lead.

>If Dune got a Game of Thrones tier show on HBO I would probably die of orgasm overload
You mean Rome tier pleb
Only thing we need from GOT is Dormer and those two fire priestesses

couldn't agree more, his son's writing is atrocious

LOL!
ONLY 3500 YEARS INTO HIS OFFICE, EMPEROR LETO II APPROVAL DROPS TO 99.999999999%

Sup Forums ETERNALLY BTFO!
HOW WILL THE ATREDIES EVER RECOVER?

a movie would not do it justice, maybe they will make a VR game that can tell the story the way it deserves to be told

>The Fremen, user.

They live a bedouin life in the desert, they worship a harsh desert god, and Paul's holy personal guard are called the, "Fedaykin".

>maybe they will make a VR game that can tell the story the way it deserves to be told
Except the developer will make it pay to play
>click to buy 100 spice (on sale limited time! $1.99)

Actually, the original DOS game was fairly good and had some nice animations.

>he let himself be carried by the events and rarely shaped them.
He couldn't shape them. He was like a rock standing against a tsunami only to be washed away by it. I really think that even if he wasn't an inspiring character, he wasn't meant to be. It's fairly obvious to me that his character is meant to be purely tragic.

You know, I think I just MIGHT.

>We all know that each race is Dune is based off of some social / political archetype in today's society.

Sort of. Herbert didn't style any of Dune's groups and sects after any particular modern analog. But he did take cultural elements from modern belief systems and shape the sects after those influences.

For example, there are nomadic Arabic influences in the Fremen, but they're not exactly zealot Muslims. They have roots in Herbert's fictitious "Zensunni" tradition and were also very heavily shaped by the climate and spice cycle on Arrakis. Herbert implied that their ferocity during Muad'dib's Jihad came not so much from their religious fervor as a backlash against thousands of years of enslavement and persecution on Salusa Secundus, Bela Tegeuse, etc. They had a genetically-imprinted potential for violence on a massive scale.

The Bene Tleilax were like a Jew - Muslim hybrid. They followed Zensufi-Zensunni religious teachings in total secrecy, considered outsiders to be unclean and to be dominated like cattle, turned all of their women into mindless breeding tanks, and used their prowess in genetics to cater to all forms of degeneracy in the Imperium (sex slaves, twisted Mentats, etc).

Dune is really an amazingly rich universe with intricacies and background scaffolding that makes LoTR look trite by comparison. There are huge volumes of backstory that Herbert never published that impacted the plot lines of the novels and played a major role in the theme he developed. And Herbert did a pretty amazing job of staying consistent all throughout the novels.

But stay away from the KJA/BH spinoffs. They are total garbage.

Too bad it will never happen, the Herbert Estate won't allow it.

The smug must flow.

RARE!

Can I borrow your exclusive pepe?

Shai hu lud

Harkonnen shill detected

so are fremen White muslims or are they muslims led by a white man (paul)?

I sometimes wish thinking machines were still a thing. I know it's heretical but using a mentat to connect to the internet is really tedious and costly, especially with the price of Sapho juice these days.

CHOAM are obviously the Jews, that or the Spacing Guild.

It's science fiction. They're not arabs, they're Arrakeen.

House Corrino shill detected.

Back to Selusa Secundus before your planet gets a stoneburner.

>Have not read the book.

In the book, the "hero" is the ultimate cuck. He basically turned the whole civilized universe into an Islamic caliphate.

>In the book, the "hero" is the ultimate cuck. He basically turned the whole civilized universe into an Islamic caliphate.
Inadvertently.

>no decent Dune game in forever
>don't know enough to make a Dune mod for Rimworld

The universe was pretty much Islamic to being with
Freemen were just a bit more radical, while others were moderates, or even secular.

>He basically turned the whole civilized universe into an Islamic caliphate.
Eh, not really. It's overly simplistic to draw a Muslim-Fremen analog and there were other reasons that Muad'dib couldn't control them.

See:
But you are correct that Paul was weak. He shied away from the necessary course of action to rectify the problem and left his son with the burden to carry.

DUDE SPICE LMAO

The Imperium/Landsraad were a weird mixture of Christian, Buddhist, and Islamic traditions culminating in the Orange Catholic Bible. The most "Muslim" sect, as we think of Islam today, was probably the Bene Tleilax.

The Fremen had a lot of Muslim/Arabic nomad influences, but they were a pretty merit-driven society and women were basically equal with men. The Bene Tleilax turned their women into literal birthing-machines.

>mfw the Jews show up

The first book will always be the best, but after my seventh or eighth read I started to understand wtf was going on in the last few books

>Will they ever make a proper Dune movie?

Theres a 2+ hour long bootleg edit of the David Lynch film which is as good as it gets.

Wew lad what a spoiler to drop