Stargate Origins

Goold?

Other urls found in this thread:

stargatefanprod.wikia.com/wiki/Stargate_Origins
stargate.mgm.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=Sd23slMhWQU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

About time

>mfw it's going to be a huge retcon instead of a continuation of the SG-1 universe

P A N I C
A
N
I
C

GOOLD?

>mfw it's a SGU continuation
>SG1/Atlantis babbies BTFO

oh shit new tv show?!

I'll be happy as long as they bring back old characters and stay in the same universe as SG-1

Forget it. The old actors have become old as fuck and even if they return for a few scenes it will be reddity as fuck, only aping their iconic catchphrases and scenes in true nostalgia fashion like every other sequel decades later.

The series is finished, let it rest.

having oneil being the cranky old general like Hammond was would be amazing though. I mean he is fat enough for the part now

DANIEL A COMFY

Great can't wait for more SJW propaganda and less gates

>Origins
Jesus mcfuck why not Ressurection or Electric Bugaloo

DANIEL ANGRY

What went right?

Nothing.

stargatefanprod.wikia.com/wiki/Stargate_Origins
It's a fan fiction, no need to worry

Is this the Stargate news that's going to be announced today?

Season 2

stargate.mgm.com/

the official site is hyping it up, must be something big

It"s a mobile game, it's always a mobile game

big titty monster

KINO

>the fat guy stays fat despite the fact they've been starving, trapped on the ship rationing some kind of thin plant protein food

It's genetics, like the fat guy from Lost

Dr. Rush, and to a lesser extent Col. Young are the only things that went right.

The rest is literally the "edgy" young Stargate they made fun of in SG-1's 200th episode. I don't want to watch the sexual adventures of some 18 year old Lieutenant and Senator's daughter.

>What went right?

The second season, except for getting canceled just when it was getting good.

Though I enjoyed Atlantis it was really just a 1:1 sg1 copy with cheaper actors and a cool new main antagonist. At least with SGU they tried to put somewhat of a new spin on things, which in some cases worked and other cases it sadly didn't.

>the fat basement dwelling wow playing nerd is a genius at ancient tech

What a pathetic self-insert lmao

SGU sucked horseshit. Rush was the only interesting character, but even he could not salvage that heap of trash.

SG1s 300th episode will predict how its going to turn out

youtube.com/watch?v=Sd23slMhWQU

SGU was basically this anyways

a serpent guard, a horus guard and a satesh guard meet on a neutral planet, it is a tense moment. the serpent guard's eyes glow, the horus guard's beak glistens, the satesh guard's nose drips

hatred. good old-fashioned get-in-my-way-and-i-will-fuck-you-up hatred.

Its gonna be a GoT knock off featuring the Goa'uld or Alterans

>Atlantis it was really just a 1:1 sg1 copy with cheaper actors and a cool new main antagonist.

i am trying to think of two characters from SG-1 that had the dynamic of Col.Sheppard and Dr McKay... can't think of any.

>Why did they put someone in the show who the fanbase can identify

I'm desperate enough I'll take it

Teal'c mostly for the comedy/buddy stuff, daniel/sam for the nerdy science. babble

But if the point you were trying to make was that as it went own the two drifted apart and atlantis' characters grew somewhat then yeah, you've got a point.

Still overall the differences are pretty f'ing small.

I sort of like SGA's story better, because even though earth had all this alien tech, the wraith were much more of a threat because of numbers and the fact "they were waking up" so there kept on just being more of them.

I do like like the characters from SG-1 more though and I love the world building in that show. All the tech that they had in latter seasons you can point to an episode(s) where it was discovered or developed,You really get to feel like you are watching the growth of a space-faring civilization. So when they finally get to making these advanced ships, you can look at them and see all the inspiration from previous ships, all the histories and backstories of all the different reactors, weapons, and even down to the metal the ships are made from.

>Its a reboot staring colonel O'neill played by Emilia Clarke

>>Why did they put someone in the show who the fanbase can identify

The original fanbase had no issues identifying with characters that made sense in the show's universe.

The whole "I gotta have direct 'representation' in escapist entertainment or else im gonna cry." is purely a millennial defect. Maybe the parents should have eased up on the participation trophies.

>It's a blatant disregard for quarantine procedure threatens the human race episode
>It's an alien culture is based on "magic" but no one believes them until it saves their lives episode
>It's a Teal'c does some dumb shit involving his home planet while Bra'tac tells you how old he is episode

One of my favorite shows though honestly

When is the panel starting?

today

What time you dingus?

inb4 its a phone game

dunno I'm not american

Get ready for that timetravel episode :^)

>666

DELET

stargate.mgm.com/

>new logo

but satan said it was the mmo last thread. make up your mind

It's both

>Tfw a chevron is engaged

I forgot SGU had literal kinos in it.

>Teal'c's son gets brainwashed
>Zap him with the zat gun and he's fine
>Teal'c gets brainwashed by the same guy
>Lets kill him and bring him back to life

>millenials
>participation trophies
>original fanbase
Found the angry boomer.

How hard is it to brainwash a teenager vs a hundred year old mentally disciplined warrior? Can't have been that hard to undo.

>Found the angry boomer.

Sorry to hear about that obesity, maybe spend less time overeating and playing vidya.

Was that a bad L4D joke or do you really not know what a boomer is?

>What went right
Practically fucking nothing. Looking at the show you'd think the defining sci-fi device in it were those fucking body snatch stones and not the Stargates.

The reason why Rush carried the shit out of the show - besides Carlyle being the coolest actor on the set - was that he represented the cool sci-fi side of the franchise, he was all about doing cool science things and styling on fools with science.

Perhaps the most damning scene was closer to the end of season 1 where they get aboard a seeding ship, pass by the hall where gates are made/stored, look at them and they just pass them by. FUCK YOUUUUUUU.

And then it was pretty clear they gave even less shit about writing a good script because an episode would often combine 2 20-minute stories spliced together rather than one singular plot, a good chunk of stories were straight up rehashed ideas and... fucking hell, what a dire cast of characters.

What could "origins" mean? Follow Ernest the first gate user in his amazing adventures of sitting in a room for several decades?

>at a boomer is?

Do you know what a boomer is? Really think any visit Sup Forums?

Still I mean he was only captured for like 3 hours. They didn't even try to zap him. I actually just finished watching it right now and he gets his mind back seconds after they defibrillate him, so granted it might have been the dying but still goddamn

season 9 of sg1 is my favorite

I think the ori are better villains than goaulds and wraiths

Ancient Egypt era Tokra vs Goooold battles with Mesopotamians as cannon fodder

looks the same to me

I really dug their concept

Science fiction is an existential metaphor that allows us to tell stories about the human condition. Isaac Asimov once said, "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinded critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all"

youre mom

Could they make SG-1 today without cries of cultural appropriation for all the Goa'uld Egyptian shit and when they visit planets like the mongolian one where Sam gets made into a slave wife?

I could dig it

100% sure that the series would be goa'uld focused

Could be something about the Ancients, maybe even back when they were the Alteran.

Remember this?

>Series about overpowered omnipotent and omniscient gods
>good idea

Just continue the timeline and explore the galaxies with chill characters

watch it Ta'uri!

Okay, this is a good opportunity to ask.

Why are they inconsistent about the pronunciation of Goa'uld? What is the correct pronunciation?

I'm just bustin' goolds

correct pronunciation is with three distinct vowels: goh-ah-uhld

since americans are too lazy/dumb to pull this off, they often just say goold

I feel like Don Davis' mispronunciation is reasonable for his character.

Game of Thrones meets Stargate shit, set in ancient times?

as long as the show goes back to its Egyptian and GOOLD origins, I'll be a happy camper

I liked it

>eating dinner, TV is on
>it's some weird fucking episode I've never seen where Daniel talks to ghosts in a fucking hospital with a shitload of lens flares
>takes me a good minute to realize it's not an SG episode

bump

It's the fate of a Stargate thread to die with less than 50 posts user. This one lived to relative glory

bullshit, there were a bunch of very successful SG threads a couple of weeks ago

new tv show will break that curse

>"edgy" young Stargate
that was SGA

fucking noob Sheppard becoming number 1 soldier on atlantis just because?
also edgy Rodon

>SGA cast
>young

ASGARD OR BUST

THEY WERE THE BEST THING ABOUT THE SHOW AND YOU FUCKING KILLED THEM OFF.

Ford was 25

But user, that did happen. I think

how were the asgard ever the best anything?
they were carbon copies of the roswell grays
they played gods just like the goold
nothing about them was original
they were cute meme puppets

Furlings spinoff.

WHAT FATE OMOROCA

Because they'd always school humanity on doing the wrong thing and saving them. Sure there was that time where they needed humans since they were unable to think or retarded ideas.

At the start of the show the Go'ald were portrayed at being nigh invincible, sure they were monster of the week villians but you always felt the struggle against them. One of the best scenes for me was in Thor's chariot where all seems lost then the huge fucking Beliskner class ship comes through the clouds and fucks shit up.

I liked how insanely powerful they were but they weren't retarded and didn't affect the story too much, The Tau'ri would ask why they aren't doing more to help the milky way so they showed them their problem. I liked that element they had.

They were carbon copies since it was pretty much implied they were the greys, especially since that one was experiementing with Humans. The Go'ald were hardly origin either. the whole show is about using references of ancient history and linking them with highly advanced alien races.

that guy was a straight cunt

COMTRAYA

>STARGATE
I always thought it was STARGĂ…TE because of the tv intro.

>Web series
;_;
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE