Yikes!

Yikes!

This isn't really yikes. This is just bullshit to make non-news feel like news. It already made it's money. It's got great reviews. It's going to be around for 5 more years

Raimi's last Spidey only came out 10 years ago and ASM 1 and 2 were shit, nobody wants more Spiderman, give it a few decades

Why do they keep using that pic? Do they not care how poorly absolutely everything in it is rendered? Maybe if the colors weren't washed out it wouldn't be as noticeable. Notice how Raimi's Spider-Man is darker in color but since everything isn't washed out it still manages to look more vibrant?

This is a flop. It stars RD Guaranteed Billion J and has every "critic" blatantly shilling for it and the biggest marketing campaign ever. Heads will roll for this.

You're describing contrast user.

>cgi suit

>movie makes 4x its budget

>HURR DURR FLOP

you guys just like complaining

its making less than Dr.Strange, Dr.Fucking Strange. China's hollywood quota has been filled, Spider Man is fucked

It's the third new spiderman movie in 10 years and it made 240 mil total which is already more than the Garfield ones made in total. Your fantasies about marvel failing are misguided

Those films atleast had Sony keeping the toys income. They aren't even allowed that here. Also nobody said the Garfield films were a success.

Ugh, this is like arguing with a child. Go find someone else to convince dude, there's going to be another spiderman in 2 years. and another one 2 years after that. deal with it

Yeah I know it will and its fate will be as a second-class MCU superhero. RDJ is his daddy now.

k. gonna leave the thread now

Your counter to one shitty picture is another shitty picture?

How is film shitty compared to MCU disgusting digital?

SpiderFlop SpiderFlop
JUST look at that weekend drop
Losing money? Holy Cow
Not even China can save it now
LOOK OUT! Here comes the SpiderFlop

DChads win again

BASED

>production budget $175 million

>domestic $220,267,368 million

>worldwide $480,340,047 milion

>175x4=$700 million

Are you a time traveller?

Not even considering marketing, foreign profit cuts, the fact a above 90% RT score Spider-Man movie advertised with Iron Man isn't breaking any franchise, MCU, or noteworthy Hollywood box office records or showing any special weekend legs.

The swedpajeetio neet is awake!

I don't see how, it's the best MCU film since Avengers

how

...By like a percentage point. While being the first MCU movie to face actual blockbuster competition in its second weekend, sharing significant demo crossover with War for the Planet of the Apes. Non-news. Yawn.

The film has been performing uncommonly well on weekdays. Yesterday for example it grossed $7.5 mil, which when compared against other MCU second-Tuesday grosses is (I believe) second to only The Avengers ($8.5 mil). No other MCU films have performed nearly this well on weekdays.

Try looking at all the facts, not just clickbait bullshit.

You're not smart.

>$60 million lead
>making less
>hurr durr

As bored as I am by the MCU and capeshit in general, and as much as I'd like to see these movies challenged at the box office by more interesting films, desperately trying to force a narrative like this just makes you look stupid. The movie is doing well, especially given that it's the third iteration of Spider-Man in 15 years and this isn't even the character's first appearance in the MCU. In only its second weekend the film had already surpassed the total gross (domestic) of the last Spider-Man film. That's a success. Accept it. Move on.

>caring about box office outside of the first week

Oh, and forgot to point out that the film's second weekend drop is comparable to Civil War, Iron Man 3 and Avengers 2, meaning that percentage is consistent with the performances of three highest grossing films in the MCU outside of The Avengers. Again, non-news.

If you don't care about box office outside of the first week, why pretend to care at all? In order to properly measure interest/trends and industry impact, you need to look beyond just the opening weekend performance.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 opened to $92 million, a $30 million improvement on its predecessor.

...And yet it ultimately wound up grossing $60 million less than its predecessor overall, hence why Sony made a deal with Marvel to add the character to the MCU instead of continuing its ailing franchise.

The long haul matters.

Laughed out loud IRL

>mfw this movie is the Feige/Pascal version Batman v Superman
>mfw it makes less than the original BvS with more popular characters and the entire internet shilling for them

b-but why didn't superman throw zod into spess?

It hasn't made any money yet. Since we know that its marketing was huge (140mil+) and studios only get 50% and less in foreign it hasn't made any profit

no Spider-Man film has grossed over a billion... two Batman films have grossed over a billion...

>Spider-Man is more popular than Batman
>Homecoming should be making more than Batman v Superman
>I'm a retard ignore me

Batman and Superman are literally 2 of the top 3 most popular superheroes though.How they managed to make a Spidey movie bomb like this beyond me though.

I forget that Marvel is popular except when it conveniently isn't

Forgetting someone shill?

Marvel and Sony were banking on this earning a billion. They tried everything to make it happen. Anyone who says other wise is delusional

literally what are you trying to communicate here

Spider-Man not hitting the same box office highs as Batman doesn't mean Marvel isn't popular

stop being willfully dense

Spider-man and Iron man are huge. This is a failure. Stop being an apologist

Worse than delusional, they are dishonest. These are the SAME FUCKING SHILLS that were claiming that both GotG2 and this piece of shit were going to make sure billions not three months ago.

They were the ones who said this movie was Marvel's Batman v Superman because Iron-Man and Spider-Man are on the same level of popularity too, when they were sure it was going to make more than BvS.

>spider-man 6

This. People like this cunt are complete scum

>Marvel's Batman vs Superman

That's Civil War

>first week wasn't even enough to pay RDJ's salary

Kek, think they'll kill him off and put in that black girl with the huge afro in the comics as his replacement?

Civil War is an Avengers movie

>CW: +8 characters with previous introductory/origin movies
>BvS: 1 character with previous introductory/origin movie
'no'

It's a Captain America movie

What are you even trying to say?

because the lasers would hit someone, if he flew up in a straight line, those lasers would've hit someone

Just proving to you that Civil War is an Avengers/Justice League movie and Homecoming is Marvel's BvS

Just because Homecoming shows Ironman?
Civil War has the entire main characters fighting against each other and realizing they've been tricked in the end thing.

Spider-Man is Marvel's most bankable product, it takes some real skill to make it flop

Its a "please help me make money Tony!" Movie. Didn't Iron Man get top billing in that "cap," movie?

>Just because Homecoming shows Ironman?
Damn right.

BvS: it has one established character (Superman) and serves as an origin story for another one (Batman). Movie focused in the two most popular characters of the franchise together
Homecoming: it has one established character (Iron Man) and serves as an origin story for another one (Spider-Man). Movie focused in the two most popular characters of the franchise together
Avengers/Civil War(Avengers 2.5)/Justice League: a bunch of already established characters with solo/origin movies before ensembled together

Sorry shill, your feefees can't change facts

this looks like a ps3 video game lmfao

Marketing is allegedly the biggest ever for a capeshit at $140m

>sharing significant demo crossover with War for the Planet of the Apes.
Homecoming is aimed at kids, Apes is aimed at the 24-35 demo

The marvelpajeets are seething right now. Stop shilling now motherfucker and accept that your shitty movie is a flop.

How fucking desperate do shills have to be to blame Planet of the Apes? They're critical darlings with a loyal following but they aren't smash hits like Pirates of the Caribbean.

4x its budget is BREAKING EVEN

>Marvel has Spiderman back, along with the merchandise profits
>even by getting him in the MCU, Sony's only profits from this deal, the box office, is coming down
KEKED
U
C
K
E
D

>Sorry shill, your feefees can't change facts
asking questions makes you a shill now...
Both movies have a lot of parallels and when they came out they were compared to each other a lot.
Even if Marvel intended Homecoming to be Bvs it has way more similarities to Civil War.

how are you people this retarded?

Nobody but the biggest autists confused the film for an Iron Man movie, it was very clear that he'd only be there for a few scenes in a supporting capacity. This isn't even the first time they've showed up on screen together, the novelty of that passed with Civil War. Plus this is the 8th time RDJ has appeared in an MCU film. He was hardly the main attraction here.

BvS was the first time Batman and Superman were onscreen together in a film, and it was a showdown movie. Anyone who thinks that's comparable to the 6th Spider-Man film (i.e., 3rd version in 15 years) with a special appearance by RDJ as Iron Man (who's already shown up in 7 other MCU films)... well, there's no point trying to reason with you. You're a lost cause.

Neither Marvel nor Sony were banking on a billion dollar Spider-Man movie. NO SPIDER-MAN FILM HAS CROSSED THE BILLION DOLLAR MARK. If they were actually shooting for that they would've upped the scale big time, not put Parker up against a small-time thief with not even a hint of an end-of-the-world conflict to be resolved.

And for the record, I could not give less of a shit about Marvel's success/failure (I already said I'm bored by the MCU). The sole reason I'm commenting is because box office performance & the reasons behind it interest me. I've never even commented in a Sup Forums thread about Marvel before, and probably won't again because you mongs are fucking brain dead.

I'm gonna see it this weekend.
Hope its not as sjw filled with niggers as I've read.

Why didn't he cover his eyes/force his eyelids closed?

Just doing some math. Production + Budget is 315mil

50% of current domestic is 110
40% of foreign (Putting percentage at the high end because I'm not sure) 104

110+104 = 214

Homecoming has to make another 101 mil before it's making profit. That's if I'm right about the foreign take and if Marvel aren't lying about the marketing budget.

Similarities in what? That they came at the same time and had heroes versus heroes?

Why didn't he just Blind Zod?

Seething

Yes

>Nobody but the biggest autists confused the film for an Iron Man movie, it was very clear that he'd only be there for a few scenes in a supporting capacity.

Dude, Iron Man is a big shadow in the entire movie. Vulture and his crew blame Stark for their problems, they're stealing tech from Stark and the Avengers, Spider-Man acts as an hero to win Stark and the Avengers approval, Stark ends up helping Spider-Man.

Saying Iron Man doesn't have a huge presence in the movie is pure lie.

Did you dummies miss the part where it only dropped worse by like a percentage point compared to the 3 highest grossing Marvel movies after The Avengers?

Yes, War for the Planet of the Apes is a big enough film with a big enough demo crossover to explain that minuscule decline in percentage. No other MCU film has faced competition like that in its second week. This isn't complicated stuff.

Because heat vision hurts? It's hard to get your fingers into a beam that's knocked you on your ass before

>Nobody but the biggest autists confused the film for an Iron Man movie
The autist and anyone who saw the trailers and the posters. Shill harder kid

>Anyone who thinks that's comparable to the 6th Spider-Man film (i.e., 3rd version in 15 years) with a special appearance by RDJ as Iron Man (who's already shown up in 7 other MCU films)... well
Sure because Affleck wasn't like the 6th guy to play Batman in 30 years. What was that, the 8th Batman movie since 1989? And it was the third reboot for Superman too. Meanwhile Spider-Man is the highest grossing origing story even without adjusting it and Iron Man 3 made more than Civil War, an Avengers movie.

Homecoming is Marvel's Batman v Superman for everyone who isn't shilling for Disney. You're really fighting reality here

>it's a "i need to be a contrarian and argue with the majority of the board because i love marvel movies post

>BvS was the first time Batman and Superman were onscreen together in a film, and it was a showdown movie. Anyone who thinks that's comparable to the 6th Spider-Man film (i.e., 3rd version in 15 years) with a special appearance by RDJ as Iron Man (who's already shown up in 7 other MCU films)... well, there's no point trying to reason with you. You're a lost cause.

If you're going to count all of Spider-Man and Iron Man movies to imply that their big screen novelty wore of then i should point to you that BvS marked Batman 8th movie and Superman 6th movie.

>NO SPIDER-MAN FILM HAS CROSSED THE BILLION DOLLAR MARK.

Iron-Man has, though.

its a rainbow user. a beautiful rainbow of colors. where people from all walks of life get to experience inclusion. free of bigotry. Hell 5 seconds into the movie the villan is going to be corrected on using indian and should use the term native american. it's a good movie brant

Those dropped harder because they had impressive opening weekends. This flop made like 12 million more than Wonder Woman and then dropped almost 20 percentage points more. It's a flop

we know this was heavily promoted. it was everywhere

People don't get that Zod was going to attempt to murder every human on the planet and that no jail could hold him.

Sucks that the best spiderman so far did the worst

Dude I would take Homecoming being Marvel's BvS because otherwise it's Marvel's Wonder Woman. And that's an even bigger embarrassment especially since she didn't need a bigger hero to hold her hand

>Plus this is the 8th time RDJ has appeared in an MCU film. He was hardly the main attraction here.
>He was hardly the main attraction here.

Considering that only 1 Marvel movie has made over 800mil without him (And they need a dead month for that) and he's been in 4 films that made over a billion he most certainly is the draw you delusional fuck.

I think they're lying about the marketing being that low.

Tobey did great. This new Spider-Man is barely Spider-Man at all

>second-weekend drop
Are we now pretending this shit matters?

>Now

Guess you weren't here for BvS. And it does matter. It shows what films are all hype (BvS and Homecoming) and what has legs (Wonder Woman)

It mattered for BvS somehow, despite the fact that BvS made more money on its second weekend than this dumpster fire

BvS had negative hype.

Yeah that must be why it had a $166mil opening.

Well, it isn't for nothing that it is known as the Trump of superhero movies.

>diveristy shitfest
>bombs

good

at least wonder woman was all white

Now we have to hope Dunkirk makes bank

>This flop made like 12 million more than Wonder Woman and then dropped almost 20 percentage points more
And now WW is ahead. You can't make this shit up.

Heat vision doesn't just come from the eyeball. Even an eyeless Kryptonian would still have heat "vision."

It's over

Based Amazonian demigoddess.

SpiderFlop SpiderFlop
JUST look at that weekend drop
Losing money? Holy Cow
Not even China can save it now
LOOK OUT! Here comes the SpiderFlop

And Wonder Woman's markeeting was a lot smaller in comparison to previous DC movies and Marvel as well. So that's more returns.

Well yeah that's why it's the most profitable film of the Summer

Do people over twelve actually watch super hero movies if their girlfriend isn't dragging them?