So what's the deal with: "found footage science-fiction psychological horror films" ?

so what's the deal with: "found footage science-fiction psychological horror films" ?

is this a new thing and does Sup Forums like it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qBUPqnOlvZk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_Abduction:_Incident_in_Lake_County
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the description reads like a remake of The Last Broadcast but with Ayy Lmao's

Also 99% of this genre is complete shit, we need to compile a list of decent ones

No, found footage is garbage.

the best and possibly real found footage is The "McPherson Tape". No one has been able to reproduce anything close to it since.

>based on shocking untold true events

olivia, is that you

Anything that advertises itself as "found footage" is screaming "hey idiot, this movie is a piece of shit. You'll love it!". Except for grizzly man of course.

I watched that when I was 12 under the impression that it was definitely real and I legitimately couldn't sleep right for weeks.

i still gotta watch this. why does nobody stream anymore.

>new
no it's not

Nobody uses the formate and framing as an advantage in story telling, they use it to be lazy. All found footage films end literally the same way, going all the way back to Blair Witch. And there's always these contrived reasons to get shots they wouldn't possibly have gotten, like in that shitshow Into the Storm where the kids are hugging while possibly going to drown to death yet he's holding the camera out an arms length in order to get a cinematic shot of them hugging.

As much as I hate to say it, Chronicle is one of the few films I've seen use the format in a positive way.

You could easily trace it back to the Gulf War with its embedded TV crews, or Blair Witch, or whatever

>we found this REAL footage and are going to put it, unedited in movie theaters around the globe!!

A believable found footage movie should be framed as a documentary. It's a shame mockumentary is only used for comedy, instead of horror.

>possibly real

Seriously?

i love it, please make more hollywood!

It's continuous taping for an hour with out a single cut is defiantly impressive. The actors must have rehearsed the whole thing like a play.

Where did you watch is when you were that young?

youtube.com/watch?v=qBUPqnOlvZk

the original was only found and remastered a few years ago

a good chunk of them are pretty clever, like The Bay or the cult one where they have to escape and everybody's killing themselves. but there are a lot of crap ones for sure.

I'm guessing that user watched the remake.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_Abduction:_Incident_in_Lake_County

I want to believe.

Yeah it must've been the remake that I saw. Fuck I have to watch the original now. That fact that they actually had the actor playing the teenage son film it rather than a cameraman, plus the continuous filming, made it feel pretty genuine.

Is the movie any good?

Would you say it's worth a watch?

Please do

>is this a new thing
HAHAHHAHHAHAH
HI newfag