Will Lindelof's Watchmen be able to reach the same heights as Snyder's magnum opus or is that infeasible?

Will Lindelof's Watchmen be able to reach the same heights as Snyder's magnum opus or is that infeasible?

Lindelof can suck his own dick for all I care

With it being split up into a miniseries, hopefully they can flesh out some of the supporting characters a little more and follow the comic book storyline a little more closely.

>more capeshit

THE RIDE NEVER ENDS

He can't keep getting away with it

>FireLo
The fuck ever happen to them

Considering the entire story depends completely on the comic book medium, no tv/movie adapation is going to be anywhere near decent.

It will be better, since the other movie was not super. But nothing going to top the intro with Dylan

Layman Dunderkopf vs. Hack Shitener. Mmm, who will produce the worst adaptation? I think Dunderkopf's adaptation will be marginally better because:

- Hack's godawful visual sensibilities won't get in the way of the story so much
- tv show length is more suited to Watchmen than a movie

It will still be shit, though

>the entire story depends completely on the comic book medium
How so?

tough. the leftovers, season 2 of the leftovers proved he could make one of the greatest dramas to air on tv, while season 1 was an example of something that was faithful to source material but no that great on screen.

Something about the panels being symmetrical or something, who the fuck knows? I'm just parroting some posts I saw over at Sup Forumsmblr.

>Worst writer in Hollywood
>Writing Watchmen
>Will its succeed?

Hmmm....

I think it could succeed if David doesn't try and do a direct adaptation like Snyder. We basically saw a 1:1 adaptation from Snyder, so seeing something different will be nice.

While Snyder added action and some gore to his movie, I hope David puts more breathing room and opens the story up a little.

This is going to suck, Lindelof needs an original script with little to no defined parameters to be good.
>Hack's godawful visual sensibilities
shiggydiggy

Lindelhof only knows how to ask questions, but doesn't know how to resolve them. Which leads to a very frustrating experience with no payoff.

Every single movie and show he's done suffers from this.

The dude only has ONE style.

this is a joke right?
all of you are in on it?

This.

This is a good quality though.

>Hasn't seen the leftovers

Probably the only reason HBO is giving him a fucking show is because every critic was cumming over the last season of the leftovers

So who are they going to turn into a nigger?

I seriously hope you don't think the Leftovers had unanswered questions.

Dr. Manhattan of course

Probably Daniel as he was the only "good" character.

The first season of the Leftovers was better than the last 2 by leaps and bounds. 2 and 3 were normie trash.

Rorschach, played by will smith making it extra pretentious.

we still don't know if Nora was telling the truth or not

>reach the same heights as Snyder's magnum opus

So very low?

who the fuck is stupid enough to give this hack another tv show?

M O R E
O
R
E

MORE MORE GIVE ME FUCKING MORE I CAN'T GET ENOUGH FUCKING SUPERHEROES BETTER MAKE ANOTHER FUCKING CAPESHIT MOVIE WITH FAMOUS PERSON #3847457 AS A ROLE HAHAHA OH MAN I CAN'T WAIT TO PAY FOR THE SAME EXPERIENCE WITH THE SAME BUILD UPS AND USE OF DRAMATIC MUSIC HAHAHA OH YEAH

Appart from the comic book being designed in such a way that almost every panel is densely packed with details that connect the world, it depends on knowing your comic book history. All the homages, the Charlton history, etc, etc. It's why Sup Forums ridiculles the Squid, when it's essential to the book.

The fuck it is poseur.

Ambiguity is awesome if you know what you're doing. It won't save a talentless hack who can't write a decent story.