Poster boy of affirmative action

>Most celebrated scientist alive today
>Struggled to earn B.S. in physics at Harvard, earned B.A. without honors
>Flunked out of astronomy at University of Texas, professors encouraged him to find another career
>Eventually earned Ph.D at Columbia for his work as 18th author on a relatively inconsequential paper on supernovas
>This paper is his only published contribution to science, where he basically swept the floor at the lab

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iaM1llDhYK8
youtube.com/watch?v=dEaecUuEqfc
youtube.com/watch?v=SdpI3g2YcvU
sjcrothers.plasmaresources.com/Schwarzschild2.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=TttHkDRuyZw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Gates
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Jobs
hightimes.com/culture/11-us-presidents-who-smoked-marijuana/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>>gets common imbecile interested in sciences
In his case, it might just be worth it

> writes Jayden Smith-tier bullshit on Twitter
> compares himself to Sagan
I hate this faggot so much.

This.

He might be a dumbass acting smart, but at least he'll get people into subjects other than being a pop star.

Most real scientist don't fucking get involved with politics. This guy is a fucking poser.

praise kek someone brought this on Sup Forums
this guy is a total fraud. But most amerifats are too stupid to notice.

This mulatto is the science version of Obama: an incompetent doofus whose only purpose is to enable white libtards to virtue signal.

a MEME (((scientist))) just like Bill Nye

Flunked out of UT because he is a fuckin' idoit.

t. Civil Engineer at UT 2010

After reading his "fallin' into a black hole" book in high school, it dawned on me that all theoretical physics is complete bullshit. Its pseudoscience that actually falls in line with the other mental programming going on right now.

Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. Nikola Tesla

Learn more! Click Here!
youtube.com/watch?v=iaM1llDhYK8
youtube.com/watch?v=dEaecUuEqfc
Atom & Eve
youtube.com/watch?v=SdpI3g2YcvU

WE WUZ SCIONTITS N SHIEEET

If you were to lazy to watch the above videos. This should be about all you need to figure out the current scientific religion is actually just another Jew programming scheme. Sad Truth.

>Freemasonic NASA stooge

**too lazy to spell correctly...kys.

>he got a B.A. in a STEM field

But didn't Bill Nye say he wasn't a scientist? Just the name of a show? I do know he was an engineer.
Also, "Death By Black Hole" was the name of Tyson's book.

>propagating le IFUCKINGLOVESCIENCEXD memes
turning science into pop star shit is just as bad as letting them talk about regular pop star shit

He's got that smooth voice though. Its nice, but sleep inducing.

He promotes good shit.

Better than your orange monkey who only knows how to talk shit on TV. What kind of values does that man teach the people?

>an engineer who read a pop-sci theoretical physics book and decided the entire discipline is clearly bogus
you're a living parody, you know that?

Nationalism?

Check't
n rek't

Truth. The nu-science religion has never given mankind any useful inventions that advance our living conditions. Science without providing useful advancements isn't really science.

>Doesn't argue the statement
>Corrects spelling
Wew sounds like some okie dokie bullshit nigger! Could you ignore my spelling issues and argue the evidence provided below?
sjcrothers.plasmaresources.com/Schwarzschild2.pdf

Happily employed Architectural Engineer here, nothing wrong with STEM.

Yes death by black hole. Was an interesting read, but that is all this theoretical bullshit has given us. Interesting kewl science fiction. Really, what fucking good has any of the "study of black holes" given mankind?

>Yes death by black hole. Was an interesting read, but that is all this theoretical bullshit has given us. Interesting kewl science fiction. Really, what fucking good has any of the "study of black holes" given mankind?
Knowledge has inherent value.

Thanks, I guess now I know that, appreciate it T1PNSj4Y.... Could you provide any useful inventions or advancements given to mankind as a result of the study of theoretical physics?

-Tay

Agreed, but is this knowledge gained from experimental or observational study? Or is this knowledge gained from mathematical tricks that have no relation to reality?

Do you believe an infinite mass particle exists within a black hole? Why?

Here is a very interesting introduction to electricity. At one point, electrical engineering was making advancements that were helping mankind in leaps and bounds. It is no longer studied openly.

youtube.com/watch?v=TttHkDRuyZw

>advancements
off the top of my head GPS would be impossible without relativity
>infinite mass particle within a black hole
this is not what anyone claims

>GPS
top kike! Thanks Einstein!

You're a civic engineer, your contribution to science is worth about as much as my pink asshole. Stop embarrassing yourself.

>There will never be a meme scientist like Richard Feynman ever again

the STEM part wasn't the issue
a BA is a shit tier degree

I'm in stem do breh. With a proper BS.

You can only be a high school teacher out here with a BA in my field.

Steven Hawking? Man he got fat and black... but nice that he can walk again

Hawking is another fraud.

Says back holes actually emit energy has the math to prove it.

It actually get observed years later.

FUCKING FRAOUD

>People are interested in learning more themselfes
>Bad, because it is popular

So, how many people were at your birthday party?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Gates
>Gates dropped out of Harvard
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Jobs
>Jobs briefly attended Reed College in 1972 before dropping out

hightimes.com/culture/11-us-presidents-who-smoked-marijuana/
>Barack Obama
>George W. Bush
>Bill Clinton
>George H. W. Bush
>Ronald Reagan
>Jimmy Carter
>Richard Nixon
>John F. Kennedy
>Abraham Lincoln
>Thomas Jefferson
>George Washington
=
best presidents of USA

>Has the math to (((prove it)))
>Actually gets (((observed)))

Yep, another fraud

he's just gone senile

No shit.

Sagan was another Freemasonic NASA shill.

Sagan wasn't good. Pottery.

Not a fraud per se, but he's at that point in science where nobody alive really knows what's going on, so laymen can't really correct him. So he goes nuts with weird theories that he pulled out of his ass. Makes you think that all scientists are basically right by luck.

I don't remember the specifics, something about information theory. I think the idea is that information can't be created or destroyed.

He came out at some conference and said that information CAN disappear inside of a black hole, because it gets sent to another universe. "Randomness" in our universe is therefore explained by information leaking through from another universe. No math to prove it, nothing. Just announced he'd come to that conclusion.

(I think I got all that right)

he is the America equivalent of a Mexican intellectual

That's what good publicity will do for someone. Look at Bill Nye -- even if he hasn't made a contribution to science itself, at least he got a generation of kids more interested in it.

We can't all be Keplers.

The fact you can get a Bachelor of Arts or Master of Arts in physics is just fucking laughable.

Hmmm?

He's a popularizer of science, not a scientist. It's not his fault that dumb masses consider him so.

"Getting people interested in science" doesn't count if the "science" you're getting people interested in is meme-tier Facebook posts.

It's like saying that Ancient Aliens is a good show for getting people interested in history.

It's sad, but dumbed-down bullshit is seemingly the only effective way to promote a subject these days.

This is why analogy is non thinking at it's purest form.
The proper comparison would be Cosmos to Ancient Aliens and Cosmos offers much to the average viewer in easy to understand form.

Alchemy was dumb spiritual nonsense, but with people plugging away at it for so long it eventually gave rise to chemistry, which itself IIRC was a huge catalyst for them coming up with the scientific method.

It's possible that the tools and methods we have right now aren't up to the task of figuring out quantum physics and other non-observable (or ambiguously observable) phenomena. It's no reason to stop investigating.

Magnetic Resonance Imaging
LED's
Transistors
Solar Cells
Electron Microscope
Pretty much any older electronic device has been improved because of our knowledge of quantum mechanics. Also making materials with "custom" qualities wouldn't be possible without our knowledge of quantum mechanics.

yeah he's pretty average for someone deemed as the most brilliant scientist of the time

would not be surprised if his IQ score wasn't above 105

Learning science is different from learning pseudo or borderline science. Real science requires effort and math. Lots of math.

To remove the math, to boil away the substance is what a charlatan does. It is better to have less people learn pseudo science than more. Half the idiots in this world attempt some sort of bullshit or think they discovered the secret to the universe without ever doing any of the groundwork or math behind it. They waste their time and the people they send their b.s. equations to.

i.e. science is specialized. Everyone hates Dr. Oz. Why because medicine is complicated and unless you have done the research your only making matters worse

>i don't understand it so it can't be true

Google talks are always of quality, at least the ones in physics category.

I've seen other talks such as pseudo-intellectual "brain management" where they simply ate shit.

Who the hell deemed him the most brilliant? most celebrated yes, and somewhat of a pop star among scientists, nobody said he was extra brilliant.

Also, unfortunately he proved several times he can't into engineering.

I can think of far worse things than getting the proles excited about science. If nothing else, it changes the outlook of people interested and capable of going into this kind of thing. They won't become social pariahs if they show any interest in it.

I really don't think it's effective. The situation is not "if it gets one kid interested in it, it's worth it", because people like this are having a NEGATIVE effect on actual science education.

Do you think that a science class full of NDT worshipers is going to be an effective environment for anyone actually interested in the subject to learn real science? Even if all the IFLS kids drop out after a few years, those that remain will have suffered through dumbed down classes and will ultimately be less effective when they graduate.

>He came out at some conference and said that information CAN disappear inside of a black hole, because it gets sent to another universe.

Nah, they found a solution to that problem. The information is not destroyed, nor does it disappear. It leaks out in Hawking radiation. The matter is transformed into another state (radiation) rather than wiped clean from the universe.

Remember that a black hole is just a star core (or mass in general) that has such insane mass the gravity is strong enough to pull light into it. For all we know, matter and energy are still inside the black hole, we just simply cannot see them because light can't escape.

>>get common redditor interested in political agendas IE le global warming apocalypsedressed up as science who reads pop science article in NYtimes or Vox and then says 'hey man i love science, I totally know a lot about it and shit'

>in Nigs dGrasse Tyson's mind, if a helicopter's engine stalls, it freezes in midair, the pilot holds up a little sign to the camera that says "That's All Folks!" and it drops straight down.

And yet here you are shitposting on Sup Forums
How the mighty have fallen.

I thought that hemp different than weed.

No, that's mass that leaks out, not information. Hawking radiation is a quantum phenomenon, which means it can't carry information.

Last I heard they decided that the information ended up as some kind of imprint on the surface of the event horizon of the black hole.

The whole career of this guy is virtue signalling writ large. They start with the flatly wrong economic and encouragement explanation for crime and ignorance among blacks. It's cargo-cult logic: they think that, by condescending to pat a black guy on the head for playing scientist, then young blacks (who do not know or care what SXSW trendies do) will somehow see this and change their attitude toward learning. It's like if you expected to get rich because you worse a nice suit.

this guy is false teacher

Bill Nye rates higher than this guy. He just babbles incoherently as he tries to form a sentence.

>information

What you describe as leaking mass constitutes what astronomers refer to as information. Information essentially means "stuff" in the universe. That's it. Planets, stars, dust, ice, etc. What you're going on about is a problem that we solved a decade ago or more. If this were 2002, then sure, you'd have me cornered.

We have theories for this now that work. Update your reading material, user.

(an imprint that also, within itself, still had physical reality, even though time and causality for it had completely stopped, and its mass had, to the outside world, already been pulverized to nothingness-- or been deprived of all its reality, or something, since falling into a black hole causes time to slow down according to some inverse square thing where the mass itself falls forever, and never ever reaches the center, all mass past the event horizon is effectively frozen in time for all time. It's all so incredibly complicated and anyone who claims to understand it without years of study is lying.)

isn't the rotor in a helicopter not really like a propeller but a 'rotary wing' which stores energy and they can basically glide down too if the pilot knows what he's doing by rotating the body of the helicopter downward to save energy in the rotor until its close to the ground and then use what energy is left in the rotor to make it not fall like a brick?

No you're wrong. Information refers to the state of a system, as determined by the causes and effects that led to and proceed from it. If you fall into a giant blender, all the information, in theory, still exists in the bloody slurry at the bottom of the glass-- if you know every variable, the speed of the blades, the angle you fell in and all the other inscrutable "random" noise you could be reconstituted perfectly, down to every single neruon, memory and blood cell.

That's with standard causality.

Quantum effects do not transmit information, because their outcomes are not perfectly predictable. They have range of potentialities they may occupy. There's no way to reliably determine the initial state of a quantum system.

not an argument, friendo

First he didn't struggle, his grades have been released and he did well, not really sure what you're talking about it.

Not even going to go into the rest cause autism

But your last point really depends on what you mean "most celebrated".

Celebrated by all definitions usually means lots of public recognition, which he does have.

Not awards, no honorary degrees, no nobel prizes

Well known science advocate? Absolutely, but he's not our most celebrated

Just leaving this here for good measure

Hes no Carl Sagan. He is a science weatherman of a low order. His Cosmos was the biggest most disappointing piece of trash, and what do you know, infected throughout with SJW victim narratives.

Bill Nye actually has several patents to his name under Boeing, which is a damn nice achievement, real kudos for the guy for going to teach kids science.
I have no problems with Neil, but he should really just shut the hell up sometimes about some subjects.

IIRC, most recently it was discovered (theorized? not sure) that radiation is emitted when a black hole dies, so the energy it takes in does NOT disappear, so the law of conservation is upheld. The issue was the radiation wasn't enough to represent everything the black hole absorbed, but the idea was that there must be other particles being emitted on some level.

Anyway, this is a tangent, because my initial post was about how Stephen Hawking just came out and proclaimed something without proof. If it was "proven" wrong then great, just supports my original point that he's not the king of all reality.

Chances are he fell into the same trap that a lot of these Ti-using scientists fall into, intuitively thinking they can grasp something without going through rigorous processes, and people let them do it because, let's face it, nobody understands this shit well enough to call them on it.

Is he even a scientist though?
Isn't he more of a celebrity with a degree?

It's weed used for strictly industrial purposes like paper and shit.

sure he's a meme nigger scientist, so what? he's very good at what he does, bringing a little bit of science to the dumb masses. is there anything wrong with that?

>Isn't he more of a celebrity with a degree?
yes

Seems plausible. It'd probably be the first thing I'd think of when faced with this problem (equal opposite, newtonian shit).

Science is science whether or not it provides progress on any front. Your mentality seems bad and ill-suited to science.

Most scientists are social autists who spend their life devoted to their subject area and not public speaking. Black science man is an excellent communicator of science, not just for his personality but for his talent for public speaking, that's why he is "celebrated" although I wouldn't say that he really is, he's just in the limelight because of his celebrity status

This. Those guys are cut form a different cloth, they don't see the world in politics and nations.

they are straight up obsessed with finding out how the universe works.

Not putting Andrew Jackson on a list of best presidents is not okay.
Alchemy could be possible. That's what the sun does, mate.. Just not into gold. Splitting the nucleus of an atom to release energy is essentially what alchemy was theorized to do - turn elements into other elements.
Yeah, made sense based on the other information we know on the subject. It's not a stretch to assume there are plenty of other particles we cannot yet detect.. Honestly it's probably more likely than not given how primitive our technology really is in the scope of the universe and what we know about it.

>>Struggled to earn B.S. in physics at Harvard, earned B.A. without honors
>>Flunked out of astronomy at University of Texas, professors encouraged him to find another career
>>Eventually earned Ph.D at Columbia for his work as 18th author on a relatively inconsequential paper on supernovas

This is all an exaggeration but -

Einstein got a Bachelors and then couldn't get accepted for a teaching job anywhere. So he went to work at a patent office. He is now the most celebrated physicist of the 20th century.

Many of the most famous scientists and mathematicians didn't have a great academic career in paper.

You know I always thought it was weird he got a BA in Physics. I know that some universities give out a BA for computer science instead of a Bsc so I didn't dwell too much on it thinking it was a quirk of the university course.

But yeah, that's a pretty meme tier "scientist" you've got there.

Underrated

the difference is that Einstein eventually became a well-respected scientist with a ton of contributions to physics whereas Tyson to my knowledge has made no impact on the discipline whatsoever

oh fuck off lmao

>It's not a stretch to assume there are plenty of other particles
That's basically the best explanation we have for a lot of observed phenomena. You know what hawking radiation is, right?

(I may have some details wrong)

It's apparently caused by particles that fill the universe completely, which are unobservable and utterly unaffected by gravity. BUT, they're made up of two other opposite particles that apparently also form the building blocks of normal matter. Sometimes, due to quantum effects, one of these particles will split apart. What usually happens is they immediately re-join with their sister particle (or another of the same kind of particle of normal matter) and carry on their merry way.

But, sometimes, one particle will end up inside of a black hole, and the other outside. The particle on the inside of the black hole is now normal matter, and is affected by gravity, so it can't just move freely without being affected by it anymore. So it can't rejoin with it's sister particle.

What it can do, however, is join up with another particle inside the black hole, creating a new massless particle, not affected by gravity that can drift out of the black hole like it was not there. The other particle, deprived of its partner, becomes hawking radiation. The net result is that that mass escaped the event horizon.

But there's never any communication inside of the black hole-- that barrier still can't be breached by normal newtonian action. From the outside, there's no way to know where the particle materialized inside the event horizon, or which particle it united with that made it able to leave so even if you could observe the massless particle, it would give you no information.

Also, the hawking radiation never had a causal link with anything inside the black hole to begin with, so it likewise carries no information outside with it.

So it's only mass that makes it out.

>Many of the most famous scientists and mathematicians didn't have a great academic career in paper.
well no - the most famous scientists and mathematicians are those whose works have made the greatest advances. we know about them because they made great advances. ie made advances in their chosen academic fields. you moron.

geez white boys are so mad now a days, just get over it.

Op what have you done with your life?

I knew a bit about it, but not that much.

Akin to dark matter - shit we don't know anything about, but there's a lot of it and it's very influential in the universe.
academic means relating to education.. so no. making a great advance doesn't mean that's your academic field, it means it's your career field, assuming it makes you a living.

This guy ain't much better.

>academia
>n. the environment or community concerned with the pursuit of research, education, and scholarship.
actually yes, all scientific and mathematical research, if novel, forms part of what is known as academia. don't let your burgernigger public edumacation discourage you fatso, one day you too will be able to use big words in conversation!

>go to book store looking to get the classic Sagan 'Cosmos'
>only find the version with Neil Degrasse Tyson afterward
no thanks