Why can't Marvel make anything this intense?

Why can't Marvel make anything this intense?

youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_2527672074&feature=iv&list=PLZbXA4lyCtqr5Zk921Vuz2mSc0cLYEziE&src_vid=aBpwrORhKWU&v=hHKUBg_c9no

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/a8ddZfMCKUE?t=1m21s
youtube.com/watch?v=T9ggbkxmaRs
youtube.com/watch?v=DTqa-NEwUbs
youtu.be/PIlStdAb1EY
youtu.be/Ili3bHzYyyU
youtu.be/vhQFHDSwg7c
youtube.com/watch?v=TvoWGxM8TU8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because Tobey and Dafoe are real actors

Fuck. I loved that there was little to no background music during that fight. Gives me chills. We will never get a good spidey film like this again

Man Spiderman 1 and 2 were great fucking movies.

They absolutely can but its cheaper to just do shit because most people that watch current Marvel movies dont care about storytelling anymore, for them is just cool to see CGI fly everywhere.

The only one responsible for the state of Marvel is its own fanbase, if you got all together and stopped buying fucking tickets I would assure you they would start spending a little more in their movies.

Very simple
You're blinded by the flavor of the month normalfag groupthink reddit popmeme

>raimi movies are good!
>bay is a bad director!
>x is still a better love story than twilight
The list goes on
Your mind has been governed by market researchers

says the Disney shill.

Raimi is an actual director and the studio didn't get on his ass until the 3rd movie.

>Invokes reddit out of nowhere
Fuck off retard.

>capeshit thread
>out of nowhere

Any other recent capeshit movies where a dude gets his ass brutally beat like this?

Praising the Raimi spider-man flicks currently is one of the purest forms of reddit culture pushing
No different than the claiming the prequels(star wars) are bad and Breaking Bad is one of the greatest television shows of all time.

It's reddit, It's videogames, It's artless manchild franchises, It's social media trend of the week, It's meme

Raimi is a great director with his own unique style. Other directors hav been ripping him off for decades. This movies-by-the-number corporate hacks don't know the first thing about making a good movie. Amazing Spider-Man had a good suit but the movies themselves were utter trash.

I should have been more clear with the meme arrow
I'm only talking about his spider-man flicks and nothing else hes done

Bay is bad though. He just happens to be really quite good at a certain style, but the problem is you can't use that style for the entirety of a movie.

>still raving about reddit
Get help you two.

MCU reshooting this scene:

>Norman Osborne and Spidey fighting in location with minimal backgrounds to make it cheaper to shoot
>Peter recording it all on his phone
>Peter: "OMG DUDE HE JUST THREW A FREAKIN PUMPKIN DID YOU SEE THAT"
>Fat Asian: "Duuuuude he's like the Headless Horseman! Remember him from that ride at Disney World?!?!"
>Peter posing in selfie as a pumpkin explodes next to him. He gets back up and sends a sick face emoji tweet
>Peter: "DUDE NORM THESE WEAPONS ARE SO AWESOME HOW DID YOU MAKE IT?!"
>Green Goblin: I'll sell these to Hydra and make a fortune! Tony Stark can't stop me!
>Peter: "DUDE WHAT THE HELL THAT'S NOT COOL!"
>Peter jumps around and avoids bad CGI pumpkins while he plays Gangnam Style on his phone
>Peter: "WOP WOP, GOBLIN STYLE" he says as he kicks the Green Goblin
>Green Goblin: YOU CAN'T STOP ME TONY STARK!
>Goblin's glider rushes towards Peter's back, he has no spider sense so he would have been impaled if an Iron Man suit hadn't appeared and dragged him through the floor
>Peter: "OMG IT'S IRON MAN THIS IS AWEEEESOME."
>Glider crashes into Norman and it's blue beam ram made from stolen alien technology knockes him out
>30 Iron Man suits arrive and arrest the Green Goblin. They're led by everyone's favorite Agent Coulson from ABC's Marvel: Agents of Shield!
>Peter: "OMG AGENT COULSON FROM AGENTS OF SHIELD, CAN I GET A SELFIE!"
>Coulson: Sure kid, but only because a pic with you will get me a lot of views on my snapchat
>Blue beam shoots into the air as Coulson and Peter snap selfies
>Peter: "Man, I'm beat. I could really go for some chipotle"
>Peter seen eating at a chipotle while dancing to pop music
>99% RT

Sure it is, Disney shill. Nice try.

Where are the quips? This is complete shit compared to what we have now.

You got heart kid but noone is going to read that wall of text, it just aint gonna happen, try to boil down the idea you had into 5 lines. Go straight at to the point.

youtu.be/a8ddZfMCKUE?t=1m21s

How did Raimi manage to make so many iconic scenes?

prequels are bad tho
the meme there is more like pretending that they weren't because it's so popular to say that they were. like, RLM is popular now; which makes them uncool; which makes everything they've ever said or done uncool; which means them hating the prequels makes the prequels good
so you see, john. you are the meme

Kek

quips
selfies
tie-ins
product placement
quips

Holy shit is this what homecoming was really like?

Bay is an auteur with an influential and iconic style that perfectly suited his masterpiece Pain and Gain, one of the best satires of the 21st century.

No self-respecting human being can ever resent this man.

unironically, yes

He meets DJ Khalid and takes selfies mainly

They'd get an R rating in modern times for a scene like this

t. reddit

Superhero films were a mistake

90% of Homecoming is Spidey playing with his phone so yeah this is pretty accurate

Fuck this franchise.

it's weird how PG-13 movies have gotten so less violent. I have no idea why this is

Low effort.

k

I doubt reddit likes the raimi films, nerd.

I agree I liked Pain and Gain, but see that was him at his best. Otherwise you just get a lot pretty shots and a lot of noise.

Nice link, faggot.

>Spiderman 3 wasn't ki-

youtube.com/watch?v=T9ggbkxmaRs

>prequels are bad tho
The prequels were much better written, they had actual characters and story, not a bunch of memes and one-liners that lack any emotion or coherence. Luke is a cliched everyboy "hero" that goes through an absurdly rapid transformation between the fifth and the sixth episodes. Anakin's emotional instability and his exposure as a psychopath are gripping; and his doomed relationship with Padme is touching. In the compromised and boring "original trilogy" Han, Leia, Darth Vader and Obi Wan are complete meme characters, nothing about them is remotely believable or human. And why doesn't anyone care about deaths in those movies? Leia's planet destruction, Luke's stepparents' death, all of the blown up rebels--the list could go on--all the deaths are forgotten moments later.

As for direction, the movies from the "original trilogy" were mostly incoherent, badly edited and full of logical problems. The prequel trilogy is a work of a "vulgar auteur".

J. J. Abrams is a postmodernist with an eye for dense compositions and an autist (much like Lucas) who was a bad choice for a supposedly "charming" and "humorous" reunion movie--the only interesting character is the autistic Kylo Ren (the autistic Spock from "Star Trek" is the only interesting character there too), and overall lack of human "charm" emphasizes logical problems.

I feel neutral about the series overall, and honestly don't care about trolling or contrarianism. Here are my sincere rankings:

1. "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones"
2. "Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace"
3. "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith"
4. "Star Wars"
5. "The Empire Strikes Back"
6. "Return of the Jedi"
7. "Star Wars: The Force Awakens"

There you go! Now watch me do it:

MCU reshooting this scene:

>Norman Osborne and Spidey fighting in location with minimal backgrounds to make it cheaper to shoot.
>Peter recording it all on his iPhone
Fat Asian: "Duuuuude he's like the Headless Horseman from Disneyland TM
>30 Iron Man suits arrive and arrest the Green Goblin. They're led by everyone's favorite Agent Coulson
>Blue beam shoots into the air as Coulson and Peter snap selfies
>99% RT

And to tie it nicely give em a DC Pepe, that will get the shit going.

Making Pain and Gain is worse. That means he's a fully self aware, contemptuous cunt who makes cynical cash grabs like Transformers.

8.1 imdb

Even if that glider had actually hit Spider-Man, at that speed I'll bet it would have STILL impaled the Green Goblin regardless

t. Lucas.

MCU reshoots all tension and integrity away as deemed by their Disney boss Feige.

Bay is unreal but if you think marvel movies are good you are fucking insane

They are SO. FUCKING. GENERIC. and the worst part of it is they get good reviews. It blows my fucking mind. They have boring characters with no development outside of the main characters, terrible music, terrible villains and the same god damn story every time.

The only good marvel movies were iron man 1 and the winter soldier.

He wanted them to die together

t. reddisneyit

Christ this has not aged well

>you think marvel movies are good you are fucking insane
I'm not saying they are and in fact I don't even agree with
>The only good marvel movies were iron man 1 and the winter soldier.

I'm saying praising the Raimi spider-man movies now is a reddit popmeme

>Those cuts

Never noticed how similar the editing of SM1 is to Evil Dead

No it's fucking not. These fucks are memeing and trolling because they feel enpowered that popular things may not do well. They don't understand what bad really is. Does it have a formula? Yes. Thankfully they're all a series spun together and keeping a general tone is a good idea. And if they're tired of the formula fuck off they invented the formula so they can feel free to keep pushing on with it. It's amazing that all the marvel movies are so consistent.

That was fucking depressing to read, you hit it spot on. It's not even a meme - Homecoming was bland, soulless trash. I miss Raimi so much, I would give anything to see his Spiderman 4 and I bet it would outperform Homecoming in theaters by a long stretch.

I didn't laugh once.

How much time do you have to think up such dumb shit and type it out for maybe about 20 random people to see on the internet?

All capeshit is shit.

Top Kek, did you made a similar post on a GoT thread with the first season? That was good
>I can't read something longer than a tweet and I must tell to the world about it while I act smug and mature
You must be +18 to post here
You have to be

Civil War's fight between Cap and Iron Man is intense.

t. 2016+ redditor

K. That's why Wonder Woman is currently dominating marvel's box office even on her way out? Lol.

Does Disney pay per post or per hour?

I am buying the tickets right NOW!

You know Spidey fought Vulture and there was no quipping like this. This isn't true to what the movie tone was. The scene in the car with him and Vulture was great. Don't shit on good scenes just because you hate Marvel.

>N-no it was NOT
go back to your facebook/youtube shilling. It won't work here.

It's okay user no one else may have gotten it but I got a chuckle from your joke.

we will never get a spider verse movie directed by Sam Raimi where we get to see a fully realized tobey spidey.

Don't bother with cinematic subhuman capeshitters. These "people" have never had a genuine high cinema experience

>Tony can kill Bucky with precise missiles from IM1 or cut him to millions of pieces with lazers from IM2 without harming Cap
>Intense

Yeah. Disney sure is high quality :^)

Tumblrina
Speaking of how good or not a movie was. Not box office. I'm sorry your attention span is so short you couldn't stay on topic
More (You)'s make my account fill up faster!! Thanks ya' dolts!

You've already established that when you went against the prequels, /r/movies tourist.

His suit was all fucked up. and how was he going to use those explosives when they're in an enclosed area/ He'd kill himself and cap.

>cynical cash grabs like Transformers
The common audience member is an idiot addicted to unchallenging mediocrity. They're allergic to originality in any form, unless they were previously inoculated for it by steady corporate fueled hype. Bay makes Transformers movies because that's the tired shit people want to see, and he'll keep doing it until they stop paying. Nobody's making them go. In the meantime, he's keeping hundreds of professionals employed at a time, satisfying a genuine thirst our society apparently has, and giving white trash, niggers, and teenage boys one fun Saturday night every year or two. I used to hate Michael Bay for all the terrible movies he makes, but in a weird way I've actually come to respect him. He doesn't play up what he makes. He has fun making it. He makes bank. I'd rather watch a Michael Bay movie than a pretentious movie.

9/11 apparently.

trips and Tobey is the definitive Spidey and Peter Parker.

Raimi did a great job with Spider-Man, Bay is a piece of shit director and Homecoming is really bad though, no amount of shilling will change any of these facts

>mouseshills are now attacking Raimi Spidey
I should've seen this coming.

youtube.com/watch?v=DTqa-NEwUbs

That was the shitty MK2 or MK3 armour. So dont give me "h-his suit was dameged" bullshit.

>a sudden resurgence in the relevance of these 15 year old superhero movies isn't yielding unanimous opinions
>WHAT FUCKING SHILLS

Calm down mouseshill.

WTF I love CGI bland quipfests with the production values of a hoodrat rap videoclip shot with an Iphone now!

>he's bragging about this as a good fight scene
lol

I don't necessarily disagree

but the last transformers movie really was dogshit. I've been "ok" with them up to this point

plus he funded Black Sails

It is.

*slow claps*

*steps out of the shadows*

Heh... not bad, kid. Not bad at all. Your meme, I mean. It's not bad. A good first attempt. It's plenty dank... I can tell it's got some thought behind it... lots of quotable material...

But memeing isn't all sunshine and rainbows, kid. You're skilled... that much I can tell. But do you have what it takes to be a Memester? To join those esteemed meme ranks? To call yourself a member of the Ruseman's Corps? Memeing takes talent, that much is true. But more than that it takes heart. The world-class Memesters - I mean the big guys, like Johnny Hammersticks and Billy Kuahana - they're out there day and night, burning the midnight meme-oil, working tirelessly to craft that next big meme.

And you know what, kid? 99 times out of a hundred, that new meme fails. Someone dismisses it as bait, or says it's "tryhard," or ignores it as they copy/paste the latest shitpost copypasta dreamt up by those sorry excuses for cut-rate memers over at reddit. The Meme Game is rough, kid, and I don't just mean the one you just lost :^). It's a rough business, and for every artisan meme you craft in your meme bakery, some cocksucker at 9gag has a picture of a duck or some shit that a million different Johnny No-Names will attach a milion different captions to. Chin up, kid. Don't get all mopey on me. You've got skill. You've got talent. You just need to show your drive.

See you on the boards...

youtu.be/PIlStdAb1EY
MCU tried to do something like this in Civil War but failed horribly because of Downey's delivery and the ridiculousness of it all

Uhhh but they did
youtu.be/Ili3bHzYyyU
youtu.be/vhQFHDSwg7c
Try again, sweaty...

This was before it was brought out by Disney you fucking moron

That slingshot and bridge swing might be my favorite overall spiderman movie moment. Why don't movies have music this good anymore? Is it intentional or do producers ask composers to not make the soundtrack memorable? It seems weird that up until the mid 2000s every film had a great soundtrack, than some time after The Dark Knight they all tried a more dark and serious tone and their music just took a massive dive in quality

youtube.com/watch?v=TvoWGxM8TU8

>not linking the great scene after it
I agree with you, but you're still an idiot.

Raimi is a good director, and he was allowed to make the movie as he wanted. He made that movie with 20 years of directing behind him.