Dunkirk

I just saw it.
It's not bad, don't get me wrong, but I have the feeling that this movie is overrated because everything is shitty Transformers 25 or Spiderman vs Aliens : The Awakening.
As far as I'm concerned, you could just edit everything that hasn't a Spitfiire in it out of Dunkirk, and I'll just watch that shit for ever.
Not many things that are as beautiful on screen as Spitfires doing their thing over the sea.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OPFcds7bXw8
youtube.com/watch?v=wVgb54D3p2Q
youtube.com/watch?v=3RBdqRcPQ6E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw ugly ass buchon stand in for bf 109

ikr

i want a movie featuring the me 262
cgi shit not allowed

Always been partial to Hurricanes myself.

Anybody remembers when war movies were so cool?

Took this pic a couple of years ago.
The me262 was traded for two broken Spitfires.

sup guise

nice
have a pic of my favorite Wunderwaffe
not sure that thing can fly, but it's awesome all the same

I just got a mock-up of a V1

damn
irish coffee isn't for breakfast kek

Some more rare German weapons

This Krupp made the Allies shit their pants.
My Grand daddy was blown to shit in North Africa by one of these.

youtube.com/watch?v=OPFcds7bXw8

You jokers don't know a thing about german technology.

Note on this: Its an anti-aircraft gun actually but the Jerries used to level the trajectory and use it as an anti-armor weapon.

who doesn't know about the flak 88? pak 43 or 44, sure. But the flak 88mm is in like 100 movies.

The Hun chatter was fun.
Thanks.

Yeah it was an effective weapon, but not used for its original intent. And the pic is not from a movie.
Its an actual 88.

You want to know the only plane that could have changed the war if it had been built a year earlier? It was the Volksjager.

It used one junkers jumo engine, had 2 30mm cannons in it and would have fucked up the American bomber raids like no other. Instead Hitler pissed away the jumo engines on the Blitzbomber and the HE262.

Didn't this Heinkel kill a lot of test pilots?

I think that was the Komet. The Volksjager was built with shit alloys, wood and jew bones.

>Indiana Jones
>war movies

>came into thread to talk about the sound design and plot structure
>instead get a lesson on fighter jets

The Air combat was about the most realistic I've ever seen in a War Movie, if only because of how fucking hard it was to line up a shot in a time of manual gunsights.

The sexiest plane of WWII. A shame it was basically a total waste of resources.

Pre-Spit 5 spitfires had carburetorated merlin engines. so if they couldn't do any positive g manoeuvres. It gave them a significant disadvantage when fighting the Daimler Benz inverted V injected engines on the BF109.

Remember when Indiana Jones was within a foot of Hitler with a gun and didn't shoot him?

True, but the 109 did have range issues, which really hurt it over Britain. As I recall it could only spend about 20 minutes dogfighting over England before turning for home. Then again we saw the exact reverse in Dunkirk, with the Spitfires having to try and make sure they had enough fuel to get home safely.

>sexiest plane of WWII
Hi

You really should check out Redtails
youtube.com/watch?v=wVgb54D3p2Q

It's full CGI

No baiting allowed in this thread.

Mustangs couldn't shoot down Me262s unless they were in a wing sheering dive or caught them on landing. It just didn't happen. ME262s had a swept wing, something the aeronautical engineers of the time didn't realize what the keep to maximum speed.

yeah, hardly a single Me262 was shot down in an actual dogfight. Then again Me262s didn't dogfight, they boom and zoomed enemy bombers.

Should've posted the scene where the guy's body somehow absorbs like 20 shots and lives. The explosive filler in 30mm mineshells could destroy a fighter in one hit. One shell would have that dude liquefied.

Where were all the french soldiers?

holding back the spaghetti horde

So how slow is this movie? Like I'll probably enjoy it but my girlfriends a dumbass who can barely pay attention to a fucking movie if the plot isn't always progressing, is this a movie I should take her to or just go myself

>chicken robbers give you more trouble than the italian army

I don't like Nolan, but I go tonight to Dunkirk just because I heard the air combat is great.

Tell that to the Ethopian Army. Oh, wait..

>9 men
>9 prisoners

You can't make this shit up.

If you're expecting Hacksaw Ridge or Saving Private Ryan than don't bother. It's not that kind of movie.

Just tell her to suck you off while you enjoy the film

Opinions on Harry Styles?

women like shitty boys band tell her there is harry the faggot in the movie

NANI?

spitfires are better than 109s overall, but there were very few of them and the Germans are were better pilots due to more experience.

Yup
youtube.com/watch?v=3RBdqRcPQ6E

Then why did they still get btfo in the Battle of Britain

Because the 109s had a terrible range, and no matter how much of a veteran you are when you can only dogfight for 20 minutes before having to turn tail and run for home it's not going to end well. Plus British Radar and Hitler switching attacks from the airfields and radar stations to London in revenge for the bombing of Berlin.

The spits where more efficient in the turn and burn fighting after they became injected. Bf109s where cinder blocks compared to the spits.

based pappy

Last Crusade was set before WW2 you fucking retard. At that period Hitler was just the German leader, not the enemy

what an embarrassing post this is

welcome to Sup Forums

I loved the underwater scenes it was genuinely fucking horrible 10/10 waterkino

They didn't start actually killing jews until 1939. Whoever claims it started in 1933 needs to be gassed.

It took twelve years to make.

I loved it, none of the people I saw it with thought it was above average. I get really worked up about WW2 stories because I have a deep admiration for the men of my grandfathers generation that served.

The scene of the old men in small yachts and fishing vessels coming to save the soldiers who were cheering got to me. To me it was the men too old for war coming to save the men who were too young for war or rather the fathers coming to save their sons.

Love that shit.

The gassing was retrospective once Israel needed the US $

Don't be moronic, the holocaust was a secret to the world, even Germans, until the camps were found in '44/'45.

its a shame there were so little of them made

That's a big plane

Landing for you

I like german slender planes

poor frog :'(

Underrated

Which dude was he?

good god that thing is beautiful. THAT needs to be in a movie. I dont care if it would be historically inaccurate.

He's good. There is no weak link in the cast. You'll only hate his performance if you go in wanting to hate it

Call me when will they make the movie about the Siege of Dunkirk.

If she enjoyed Michael Bay movies she'll enjoy this.