Kinos that you underestimated because everybody mentioned them and you took too long to watch

>Kinos that you underestimated because everybody mentioned them and you took too long to watch.

it wasn't THAT great tbqh

I overlooked Yi Yi for a long time. I thought it was a slow and boring movie for pseuds but it's actually a very honest and heartwarming film, I think it's a 10/10 on my list. Other movie that I thought I wouldn't like so I didn't watch it for a long time is A Separation and I liked it a lot actually, both movies gave me that emptiness feeling when they ended.

I think Oldboy is garbage though

the fight scene was fucking awesome. the rest of the trilogy is a lot better imo with lady vengeance being the best

Mr vengeance has the best ending

it was pretty good

It's pure trash and the ending is just laughable. Park chan-wook is a hack, Bong joon-ho and Na-Hong Jin are way better.

>tries to show off by being contrarian and saying park chan wook is a hack
>doesnt cite kim jee woon as an example of a superior director therefore demonstrates his ignorance of kino korean film making
kys

>kim jee woon
>superior

You have to be retarded, stop naming meme directors in an attempt to come off as knowledgeable.

>Bong joon-ho and Na-Hong Jin are way better.

You're even worse. More than half of Bongs films are craptastic, and Na-Hong hasn't made a single great one.

Why does Oldboy always bring up the contrarians?

Pic related to the only superior Asian thriller tbqh famalam

>meme director
>i saw the devil
>a tale of two sisters
>a bittersweet life
just off yourself now please for the love of all that is good and holy

>i saw the devil
Is a completely average film at best

I took forever to watch True Detective. I thought it was some shit like Law and Order.

no its a very good thriller. not just visually pleasing but also thematically as it explores sadness and perils of revenge very well, certainly much better than western thriller counterparts

bittersweet life is trash unless you're watching for the action scenes but it pretends to be more than that and that makes it a dishonest flick

>meme tier pleb movie
>muh honor motive

can we at least all agree that a tale of two sisters was a top quality movie?

god damnit. why do people "talk" like this

The Sopranos because I think stuff about the mafia is retarded. I'm still sort of undecided about it.

I want the plebs to leave

how the fuck could you be so wrong.
Oldboy 6/10
Mr 5/10
Lady 4/10

then leave

I don't even read shit like that. The other one that I immediately skip over is when people do ironic "XDDDD SO FUNNAH HAHAHA".

Oldboy was really great when I watched it but now I never want to see it again because after actually thinking about the plot it's kind of dumb. It was really just edgy for the sake of it

what''s this film please

jesus mate youre a harsh critic arnt you. name me your top 3 movies i want to judge your tastes. for reference oldboy 7 lady 8.5 mr 8

>Yellow Sea
>The Wailing
>Chaser
>bad

CMON

Movie was good until they revealed the motive. Full retard asian shit. I guess I can understand chinks appreciating this, whenever I hear a white person say they love this movie I consider them weebs and avoid them like the plague.

General:
>Amadeus
>The Hunt
>Apocalypse Now
Asian:
>In the mood for love
>Memories of murder
>Cure

I couldn't contain my laughter when I saw the movie. It's incredibly dumb. It reminded me of the South Park episode Scott Tenorman Must Die. The revenge was so over-the-top that it became comical.

>It reminded me of the South Park episode Scott Tenorman Must Die.
Accurate.

If you like action movies there's nothing wrong with that. I'm action movie connisuer I love John Woo. Now there's a man who knows how to make an honest action film. Instead with BSL in between the violence and gore we're treated to meaningless (in the context of the film) buddhist parables that we're apparently supposed to muse over and lingering shots of the lead character reflecting on his own life or thinking about his new girl crush that ultimately causes his demise. Again NONE of this matters. it's an attempt by the filmmakers to cover up the gratuitous violence with a thin sheet of sofistication that quite cleverly tricks the amatuer, pretentious filmgoer. It's diehard for people who pretend to be above action movies. It's guiltfree gutter violence for people who criticize Tarantino for that vary same thing. I shit on it.

havent seen amadeus or cure thanks got something to watch now

>You told people I was having sex with my sister so I'll wait until you have a kid and then kidnap you and keep you in a hotel room for 20 years
>I'll then release you and arrange it so you run into your own daughter
>Naturally you'll begin to fuck after a day
>Then I'll send hundreds of henchmen to be killed by you so you'll eventually track me down and I can tell you what I did
>After that you'll be begging to have your mind erased so you can go back to fucking your own daughter

i beg to differ. you're an abhorrent cinema viewer and should kys ASAP.

Wait? You are inventing those names right?

yes i just had korean for dinner and i was quoting random words from the menu

confessions

>People laughing at the movie for being "dumb" instead of enjoying intentionally comedic moments as part of the film
There was plenty of funny moments before the ending. I loved the movie for its style, cinematography and the surrealism. I don't mind the over the top parts, it's not supposed to be a down to earth film.

babbys first korean thriller

None of those movies are good. They're okay at best. he's a meme director because he's the epitome of what pseuds accuse park of being

> edgy
> vapid
> fedoracore

He's not bad, I'd say, but far from great.

I didn't call them bad, but none of them are great. Chaser is close, but even that is just very good.

Kinohaku

No user, you're the retard. Kim Jee-woon is garbage.

>surrealism
This is the maing thing, if you thought the movie was supposed to be realistic or logical you are watching it wrong, it's based on a manga for fucks sake.

patric taste, Lady V is the best