So whatever happened to this?

So whatever happened to this?

What's Sup Forums's opinion on it?

What do you mean what happened? It's a monthly comic. There might be a shitty Civil War II tie-in issue soon if it hasn't happened yet.

People just don't really care about BP so of course we're not going to talk about his ongoing much.

>we hate PoCs
>New Super-Man getting lots of love and attention
>Green Lanterns getting a lot of support despite being written by Dogfucker and featuring Sandniggers
>hate PoCs
No user, you are the shit.

You can't even strawman correctly.

I think it will read better in trades, but it's okay so far. It just seems kind of disjointed.

boring.

its getting a spinoff

It's noticeably decompressed in an age where everything is decompressed. Coates is trying to cram three storylines on top of any social commentary, and it all can't fit. There's also very little Black Panther in the book.

barely above Hudlin tier

written by a lesbian black poet

The worst kind of Lesbian.

It's just kind of boring. There's nothing egregiously bad with it, but nothing that stands out as good either.

It's boring as shit. Like it isn't Bendis levels of offensively bad, but somehow I find it worse that it's just a snoozefest after how hyped it was.

Coates doesn't have a good grasp on comic writing which has resulted in a lot of pacing problems and minor issues that add up. I think it could be great once Coates gets a hang on the medium and the side characters get off-loaded to that World of Wakanda book so Black Panther can actually be about Black Panther.

That's kind of the biggest issue right now. Each issue spends most of its time introducing new complex characters and each one requires more than the one or two scenes they're getting, but they're already taking waaaay too much panel time away from T'Challa, who despite being the protagonist and title character seems to be a secondary focus.

I still think it'll end up being good, but right now it's got a whole lotta problems that need worked through and fast.

Black lesbians are way better than white lesbians.

Would honestly read Hudlin's run of Black Panther than this.

So we're getting a companion book to Coates run about the lesbian Midnight Angels writing by a lesbian? I guess that's kinda cool. Any word on who the artist will be.

And speaking of artists, I think it's bullshit that they're doing an artist change for an 11 issue run.

I think it's good. Issue 4 won me over. It's a slow burning comic that I think will be looked on more fondly in trades. Prose is the best part by far though.

The feeling I got is that Coates would rather be writing about the OC girls in the stolen power armor instead of that loser Black Panther, who has fucked everything up for everyone.

Manifold is in the next issue. Which is a little weird since he's Aboriginal Australian

And T'Challa remembers Secret Wars and realizes that no one else does

Why do people keep saying this?
Are these Hudlin-fans that think that T'Challa always has the answer to everything and everyone loves him?

I think it's a great spiritual successor to what Hickman has done with BP in the past 4 years, and Coates is doing a great job giving credence to each of Panther's foes' philosophical disagreements with Wakanda.
That being said, the mistake he's making it thinking we give a shit about them as characters so much that they're 3/4 of every issue.

>There might be a shitty Civil War II tie-in issue soon if it hasn't happened yet.
No CWII tie-ins for his own book but he will appear in the Totally Awesome Hulk's CWII tie-in issues that are delayed because Mahmud Asrar will take over with a breach of an original deadline.

Issues #3 & 4 were delayed

>Complex characters
All the characters in this are one dimensional. Coates is stacking in too many characters without developing any of them.

Has Coates ever written any fiction books at all?
The only previous work of his I see discussed is his non-fiction work, and there is a world of difference between writing essays and fiction

Marvel writers only have one formula for BP solo stories and this is no exception
>BP, Wakanda has rebelled against you
>I am such a terrible leader
>but BP, only you can reunite the tribes
>though I am unworthy, this is my burden to bare

The art's real nice, and has a lot of Kirbyesque designs :)

He's only written non-fiction. Coates' BP is a big example how different writing and storytelling are.

This. The only thing that is missing it the Killmonger appearance

That's not true. Coates is just remixing Jungle Action

You can tell Coates isn't used to writing comics. He's definitely got BP's trademark political stuff, but he hasn't gotten a handle on the other side of things where T'challa's a superhero too.

u fucking cunt, black people are the worst thing ever amirite niguh