Cabin in the Woods & Ginger Snaps

Just watched two well-liked horror films. Cabin in the Woods & Ginger Snaps. And I didn't particularly like either one.

Why are these two so highly rated?

Maybe you're a fag

Totally possible. But honestly. Neither feeled particularly original, funny or anything special.

They were okay movies, sure, but judging by their ratings, I expected something more special.

Yep, you're a fag.

GS is good. Low budget but good acting and good use of camera work and music. It worked really well on an emotional level, you get to feel for all the characters, even the bit parts. Cabin is okay. The idea of it is way better than the execution. It's good in a meta way. It's mostly a movie for horror fans who watched a lot of movies from the horror/slasher genre and are familiar with some of the recuring themes and ideas.

It's perfectly okay if you didn't like them. Maybe they're not your kind of horror movies.

Cabin in the woods was good for the most part but the ending was way too over the top and ridiculous.

>Why are these two so highly rated?

most people have better taste than you

I liked the first act of the movie, where the sisters have snappy banter. And I was rooting for the retarded sister, of course. But after that things went on their own, pretty predictable course. There was no real twist anywhere.

And here's what I feel in opposite. The ridiculous ending was the best part. But sadly I had bee partly spoiled about it, so it wasn't that surprising.

Perhaps I would have liked both movies better, had I seen them when they came out, but in this timeframe... not so much. Tucker & Dale was better than Cabin in the Woods. And (not very related)The Babadook was better than Ginger Snaps.

>feeled

Felt? Sorry, english is not my native language.

And I'm also drunk.

Twist? Why would there be a twist? I don't get it...

GS was somewhat original for its time.

Cabin is trash that uses movie tropes as an excuse to not be original.

Well, I FEELED that there should be a twist, to make it more special. Without a twist everything is somewhat (or even very) predictable.

Both movies are scored higher than average, but I feel like they are both average at best. No twists, nothing special, just plain horror movies.

>GS was somewhat original for its time.
Can you remember what movies it was up againts? (I do believe, however, that it is still rated pretty well, even contemporarily.)

>Without a twist everything is somewhat (or even very) predictable.

You're on my NOPE list now.

I bet you liked New Coke because it was NEW and FRESH and EXCITING.

I can hardly recall anything from Ginger Snaps (haven't seen it in some 15 years), Cabin in the Wood was kinda funny though but never scary.

Like Scream, Cabin was a deconstruction of horror films, but with a twist, as a horror movie it fails, but as a dark comedy/mystery it was entertaining. And at least it tried something new, has any horror movie done that since ?

>it tried something new
Hmm, no sure, but the thing it tried wasn't very interesting, IMO. Not with videogames and even the Hunger Games being a thing.

>Cabin is okay. The idea of it is way better than the execution.
Yeah, this. And I'm purportedly the target audience, as a fan of B horror, monster movies and slasher flicks in general. It was clever, the end result just wasn't especially entertaining.

That wasn't new. Scream was a more serious version of Student Bodies (1981), a slasher parody (they even have 2 killers in both movies). Cabin's idea had been done before. New Nightmare was basically the same idea told a different way.

>letting the whole world be murdered by vengeful gods because you won't kill your author-insert buddy is mature and compassionate

>Whedon actually believes this

It's like the guy stopped maturing at 12.

What a selfless little faggot you are.

Isn't that the whore from House Of Cards that fucks that bald piece of shit junkie?

The third act is What saves the movie tho
Also requesting Ding.gif