Is it good?

Is it good?

Apparently not, not even a single post.

Yeah. Better than At Worlds End and On Stranger Tides at least. There's at least one emotional moment, two if you grew up with the original trilogy. A couple funny parts, two fun action sequences in the beginning. The middle drags a bit I guess, I only saw it once the day it came out, I can't remember everything.

The new female character is pretty good.

better than the fourth one at least
the new girl was cute
bardem was a decent villain, no davy jones but not as dull as blackbeard
barbossa is always good

>The new female character
>the muh science feminist girl

she was cute I guess.
and responsible for one funny joke

>I saw her ankles!
>if you kept your trap shut, we coulda seen a lot more

Kinda wish they brought Penelope Cruz back.
Otherwise, I felt like they're setting up more movies with Will's son and Barbossa's daughter since there was little Will and Elizabeth in this movie and absent in On Stranger Tides.
CGI Johnny Depp was goofy and I'm kind of over Jack Sparrow to be honest, even though he's the "main character" of the series.
I felt like the antagonists were misjudged since Salazar was just trying to rid the open seas of pirate scum and they get cursed for it and screwed over in the end.
It was a fun flick regardless, nothing more.

1 > 3 > 2 >>>> 4 >>

Good post. The plot is pretty terrible and Jack Sparrow isn't terribly interesting but it's a fun romp.

This is correct

They could've gone a bit softer on the muh scientific evidence characteristic. It made her flat and one dimensional.
I liked Bardem as a villain and Will's son was likable enough.
I thought CGI Johnny Depp looked alright ΤBH. At least a believable 20yo sparrow added something to the story and character motivations here. (looking at you, Rogue One)
Overall I'd say 1 > 2 > 5 = 3 > 4.

Apparently you don't know Sup Forums at all

It has ghost sharks, which makes it a masterpiece.

4 was a black hole sucking its huge budget into nothingness.

3 is void of any worth aside from the 20 minutes climax in a 180 minutes movie.

1 >> 2 > 5 = 3 >>> 4

FTFY

It's quite possibly the worst Pirates movie to date.

Said the user who never watched OST

Ghost ship deisgn is AMAZING. It is just floating wreck, but owns. Barbossa wins movie. Sparrow is annoying, even more than eve. Capitan Salazar is good creation, but falls apart in last minutes. Overall better than last 2, but still nowhere near Black Pearl or 2d one.

That was pretty lousy but I can at least appreciate them trying something different. I could not care less about Turner's little shit or the science cunt. Barbossa's heroic sacrifice was laughably contrived to boot.

Well knowing Disney, Turner's son and Barbossa girl are going to be the future of Pirates aloe with old man Jack Sparrow.

Did he get to use the Black Pearl this time? It's ridiculous how in FOUR movies we don't get to see him use it's prowess even once.

>Using a cursed item.

Stop it Sasuke

Best one in the series. Jack is still as great as ever.

>Yeah. Better than At Worlds End and On Stranger Tides at least.
>better than the fourth one at least

You know, truth be told, I can hardly remember On Stranger Tides, I remember Penelope's introduction scene, I remember the intro of Blackbeard....and...that's it.

Worse than ever

Really? 3 ain't great, but it really suprises me anyone considers it worse than 4 or 5. 4 does have some good things going for it though, and 5 has gorgeously animated villains and Paul McCartney, though otherwise i sort of hate it.

4 is OST.

3 is the very definition of padding. DMC should have got rid of the cannibal act and ended with a final battle aganst the Dutchman.

Not really. It's better than the fourth one but the series is long past the point of good.
Personally I thought Javier Bardem was the best part of the movie and I was rooting for him the entire time. He reminded me of Batman Returns Penguin.
He is no Davy Jones but this series will never top Davy Jones so I'm glad they tried to go for something different.

Still, it's a really passable movie. A 4/10 at best.