HBO orders modern day Civil War drama from 'Game of Thrones' showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss

>The Game of Thrones showrunners have revealed their next series, leaving Westeros to create another fantastical and ambitious world-building war drama.

>HBO has given a straight-to-series order to Confederate from Emmy-winning GoT creators, writers, and producers David Benioff and Dan Weiss.

>The show “chronicles the events leading to the Third American Civil War. The series takes place in an alternate timeline, where the southern states have successfully seceded from the Union, giving rise to a nation in which slavery remains legal and has evolved into a modern institution. The story follows a broad swath of characters on both sides of the Mason-Dixon Demilitarized Zone – freedom fighters, slave hunters, politicians, abolitionists, journalists, the executives of a slave-holding conglomerate and the families of people in their thrall.”

>“We have discussed Confederate for years, originally as a concept for a feature film,” said Benioff and Weiss in a joint statement. “But our experience on Thrones has convinced us that no one provides a bigger, better storytelling canvas than HBO.”

>Benioff and Weiss will serve as showrunners on Confederate. The series will also have executive producers Nichelle Tramble Spellman (Justified) and Malcolm Spellman (Empire). “There won’t be dragons or White Walkers in this series, but we are creating a world, and we couldn’t imagine better partners in world-building than Nichelle and Malcolm, who have impressed us for a long time with their wit, their imagination and their Scrabble-playing skills,” Benioff and Weiss added.

WE

WUZ

Other urls found in this thread:

ew.com/tv/2017/07/19/game-of-thrones-showrunners-confederate/
civilwar.org/learn/primary-sources/declaration-causes-seceding-states
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

prepare for the influx of retarded revisionists declaring the Civil War was never about slavery

Forgot source

ew.com/tv/2017/07/19/game-of-thrones-showrunners-confederate/

>WE WUZ

Explain yourself, OP

nice bait

How are they going to push feminism in this?

There's only one problem, two actually: D&D

>nice bait
revisionist detected

How about you actually read what the fucking Confederate States themselves had to say about why they seceded
civilwar.org/learn/primary-sources/declaration-causes-seceding-states

>civilwar.org

how about a non libcuck site

ohmygodwhothehellcares.jpg

>giving rise to a nation in which slavery remains legal and has evolved into a modern institution.
literally impossible unless that country was a 3rd world shithole, in which case it wold be destroyed and absorbed into the U. S.

this show sounds really dumb

A BBC for every white woman.

Hell, make it two.

This has to be bait

Sounds like fucking trash.

Slavery does exist, who do you think the wagecucks are
Neets are what we call, the freemen.

Literally "FUCK DRUMPF FUCK WHITE PEOPLE :THE SHOW"

ughhhh kikes are despicable

Feminism? They're going to demonize the whole south with a HYPOTHETICAL scenario. Feminism will naturally slide in there. Just imagine how much SJW cringe shit this show is going to be filled with

but slavery wouldn't exist by now even in different timeline
am i missing something? how is slavery good for economy in >1900

>slavery was no longer economically viable going into the civil war
>lets keep it going though because racism

I'm convinced so many problems would be solved if people just picked up a fucking book now and then

Your ancestors fought to keep the slaves they never had economical means to own. p cucked tbqfh

Why do americucks need to feel guilty about niggers all the time

You're absolutely right user. Hence many founders did nothing about it, cause they thought it would end naturally by becoming a economically non feasible

its the cost of letting jews own your nation

((((Why))))) indeed

Americans are so ignorant that they don't know 1. slavery existed in other countries and 2. those countries all abolished it without a civil war, many before the US. Thus you have constant retarded alternate history where they think Confederates win civil war=slavery exists into the 21st century.

Did Game Of Thrones end already? i dropped a long time ago so i don't know.

it wasnt, plantation owners were getting slaughtered by overseas producers because they switched to more modern production systems quicker, and despite what revisionists might say, slavery was never used in any kind of large scale construction projects anywhere in the united states

but washington monument was built by slaves

More views and money for jew

>Confederacy keeps slavery despite economic and political pressure from Europe
Slavery was a doomed institution in the west before the civil war. There's no way that the abolitionist Britain and France could justify trading with a civilised slave state post the 1870s to their populace. CSA isn't an assault but modern slavery outside of Africa and the Midle East is

Thanks Sup Forumstard for setting them those libcucks straight. Shadilay and kekistaN!

This will be the absolute cuckiest of the cuckiest.

This is going to backfire like Man In the High Castle. You give people a glimpse of alternate dimensions in which many of the daily plights and problems they face in reality no longer exist, and you package it in an entertaining and engaging story. Suddenly you've made normie audiences entertain the thought "would it have been that bad for ME if the Nazi's won?"

>saying slavery is not economically viable in an industrialised society is now Sup Forums

Slavery still exists even in the United states (albeit at much lower rates). It's just no longer race-based chattel slavery.

I hate the Sup Forums retards who took US History 1860-1865 Freshman year and think they know more than the professor, but got a C in the class and didn't even understand what little they learned.

Oh boy another movie about le evil southerners and slavery to make the goyim feel guilty I can't wait this is a really original idea.

>Slavery still exists even in the United States

Sure does. The democratic party sure has been a good massa to the blacks in modern times

So you're saying chattel slavery is viable in the modern day? And you're calling me the retard

>modern day Civil War drama

fuck off with this topic. go troll somewhere else

Niggers can't compete with a tractor. The only reason why a confederate nation would want to keep slavery intact is a fuck you to abolitionists in the north.

Basically, traditionalism. Something you do even though it doesn't make you money. It's part of your culture.

>adapt a show where all the great events are already written for you
>GRRM even told them the ending for important characters knowing the show would end before the novels
>mfw people think these guys are geniuses

>Slavery still exists even in the United states (albeit at much lower rates). It's just no longer race-based chattel slavery.

u absolut wot m8

>slavery was never used in any kind of large scale construction projects anywhere in the united states
the White House was built by slaves though

michelle obama told me so

It is a safe bet that evil nationalists will be the main villians in this show

Why? I honestly don't understand why'd they make this. Why not just a modern American civil war where we're all divided by political party lines? I hope no black actors sign up for this shit, it's almost like (((((they))))) want to keep blacks in an inferior mind set by constantly portraying them as slaves. How tf do you go from GoT to "duuur what if blacks were still slaves"
D&D are literally retards.

Oh, I can see it now, storylines about slave owners being cucked by the cattle they keep. Leftist rebles staging wars against the racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, queerphobic, xenophoic, little cock old white men who run the world. I cant wait to see all the """"""news"""""" blogs pushing article after article like "Confederate is a script for the future under Trump!" "Ten ways Trump is like the main villian in Confederate!" "83 ways you can be like the middle eastern trans woman who frees all the blacks in Confederate" "27 ways you can make dildos of your favourtie Confederate stars"

Fucking maddening.

What the fuck are you talking about you retard? Slavery was outlawed. You don't see slaves out in public working in fields en masse anymore, they're kept in rape dungeons and people get life prison sentences if they're discovered holding them.

Race based chattel slavery does not exist in the United States anymore. It arguably did until the chain gang system ended. The current prison system in some ways is close to that, but it's not the same.

Got you senpai.

That nigger should be lynched for not voting for Clinton like a good boy

>the current prison system is similar race based chattel slavery
No you're retarded pls go.

Thanks for pwning these libcuks my fellow centipede. Shadilay and onward to Kekistan!

>michelle obama
Who? There's Michael, but no Michelle.

I just donated my college loan to bernie, match me friendo

>slavery exists in the current year
>people still make a bunch of negros work in the fields when there are tractors and combines

FUCKING STUPID

What's so civil about war anyway?

Pretty much this, industrialisation would kill slavery

Slaves were fucking expensive

Yeah, it's too stupid of an idea. If the US had maintained slavery, it would be completely unrecognizable today. Technologically and socially a century behind.

WTF? backstory of that pic please

They still have to do Season 8 of GoT with episode 1-5 reportedly to be 80-90 minutes and the finale 120mins. I don't expect any real work will be done on this until late 2018.

This sounds like it could be cool but it'll just be muh evil souf propaganda.

The Gulf States have slavery and it works out quite well for them (not the slaves tho lol).

>Modern day Civil War drama
>The real USA today is fragmenting with widespread racial and political division
>Leftists are openly promoting domestic terrorism against the government

This is gonna end well

Looks like an the asylum block for a hospital.

This the sex and labour slave trade is alive and kicking today in every country, just as it has done since the dawn of man in the various cradles of life around the world.

but how the hell he got up there?

>This the sex and labour slave trade is alive and kicking today

Nigga where?
Have you been watching fox news (aka: tabloids) again

black men can jump

In the many shitty parts of the world that aren't first-world nations.

>What is human trafficking?

>If the US had maintained slavery, it would be completely unrecognizable today. Technologically and socially a century behind.

Doubtful because it would have done away with slavery due to economic reasons.

Housing/clothing/maintaining slaves isn't cheap by any means -- hence why so few actually owned them -- and with the invention of better technology to harvest crops, there wouldn't be reason to keep slaves when you could just hire cheap labor that would save you more in the long run.

It, also, wouldn't have lasted because I know someone would have challenged the Constitutional legality of it at some point.

Every country. Maybe wake up and look around.

Do a google of modern slavery and go down the rabbit hole.

I don't watch the news because its all literally owned by the same man and they all serve the same agenda. Never get fooled by the talking heads known as "journalists" puppets to an enemy of civilisation.

fucking this. The (((Entertainment Industry))) wants to make money out of this

What does showrunner mean?
I'm under the impression it means faggots

The Left eat this shit up. They buy Drumft hats, Women cards, and Convefe graphic tees.

I can see black America now:

>"SHEEEE--IT! WE IS STILL SLAVES! THAT FUCKING WHITE HONKEY!"

And it's of course bullshit. Within a decade of the civil war shit like steam plows and other innovations rendered slavery to be obsolete.

It's just leftists doing more hate-mongering and villifying of whites.

And does it get tiring to know Sup Forums is always right?

Many countries abolished slavery before the US?

Lol name fucking one besides England.

this. there is already a tense situation in USA and now they want to make a couple shekels out of this (and spread their vile ideology)

Various countries in Africa

Oh wait it's still legal there as it has been for as many thousands of years as African history is known.

The Romanian principalities actually abolished the slavery of gypsies 15 years or so before the start of the civil war. Ironically, the publishing of Uncle Tom's cabin was a major catalyst for this. It incensed the intelligentsia so much to read about slavery in the South that they abolished it in their own country.

he didn't know the show would end before the novels. he told them in case anything happened to him.

at that point he was still entertaining the delusion that he would finish the book series before the show ended. now we know that book 6 probably won't even come out before the series ends.

United Kingdom (not just England)
Portugal
Austria
Russia
Spain
Prussia

obviously even if the confederates won slavery probably wouldn't have lasted into the 20th century. it's just a stupid tv show idea. anyone that thinks slavery could have survived in the south until the 21st century is retarded.

Slavery would evolve into something that works with technology. Instead of 10 slaves tilling a field you have one slave who knows how to use a tractor. You could have slave coders, slave accountants, slave crane operators, etc. Instead of starting from the archaic plantation of slaves idea, start from our modern society and imagine what it would be like if many people did the same jobs but as slaves rather than as free men. I think that makes the premise easier to reconcile with technology.

I mean, if you just ignore the genocide, lack of freedoms, living under fascistic tyranny and constant fear that big brother will arrest you on bs political charges, it's great! Like, I'd totally be part of the elite who doesn't have to worry about those things, after all, I spend my time living in my mother's basement on welfare and cheetos, while shitposting about underaged cartoon girls.

Watch as they base their series on another set of books as not having any pre-written material would expose them for the unoriginal hacks they are.

Hit a nerve, sweetie

>holy shit we got the South back! let's be evil racists and reinstate slavery again!
Wow

ITT: Triggered Sup Forumscucks and perpetually-offended migrants from r/The_Donald.

I'm from Georgia and never cared for identifying as a southerner, but as a southerner hbo can go fuck themselves

did you even read the post? it's set in an alternate timeline when the south won the civil war.

Pretty much this, I'm assuming the south is a first world country in modern day that somehow still has slaves? Fucking retarded. At least where I live (south of atlanta) it's a pretty good mix and white and black people and race relations here are actually pretty good, pathetic to see race baiting cap like this takin advantage of us for what is obviously some kind of bs political narrative

I'd imagine an independent CSA would have deported all blacks as soon as slavery became an economic burden. That is the one thing both northerner and southerner could agree on back then. They didn't want to live side by side with blacks period

>sweetie
Getting real sick of you dummy

>The show “chronicles the events leading to the Third American Civil War. The series takes place in an alternate timeline, where the southern states have successfully seceded from the Union
I'm honestly not sure, this reads like the south successfully seceded in the 1800's and now there's another civil war?

How the actual fuck would the CSA still be a slaveholding country in the late 19th century, let alone in the 21st century? It would be shit for the economy because farming mechanization and industrialization would have made slavery completely obsolete ages ago, not to mention the international community, particularly Great Britain, probably would have put heavy economic pressure on the CSA to drop it before the First World War. Don't they realize that almost every country in the world managed to drop slavery without being forced to do so with a war?

I have no idea what kind of shit their going to pull out of their ass to justify this. They're probably going to do an absolute shit job of building a believable culturally Southern nation because they're both Jewish Yankees too, my guess is half the Confederate characters will sound like they're from fucking Ohio and will just be American in every regard besides owning slaves.

Why do they cut their foreskins off and only find happiness in making more money than they could ever need to live?

>war between two separate, independent nations
>a Civil War

This is going to be pure propoganda and white hatred.