In all honesty, I usually come here to rustle some jimmies after a long day...

In all honesty, I usually come here to rustle some jimmies after a long day, but today I got a question I wish you guys could give me your most sincere opinion on, which I know you guys are good at:

If the concept of currency ceased to exist overnight, what do you think would happen to our world we live in?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i8OqYsiLxSM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There would just be control from those who held commodities.

Yes but wouldn't this imply it would be harder to replicate commodity the same way we replicate currency in todays world?
Would the power be shifting all the time?

In all reality the race would go back to the biggest dick leads. Likely communism too. I shudder at the thought.

>but what the fuck do I know?

There would be a tighter control. Unless an individual had the ability to acquire necessary items for survival comfort and nutrition with no assumed debt, whether that be physical labor or time in exchange.

Are you suggesting a barter system ?

Fist currencies knock down restriction. If bob doesn't want chickens eggs or any poultry related products and you possess chickens, but bob has the grain you need to make bread etc... It's a mess.

The version of currency (Money Printing) reform that scares the fuck out of the Elite class is to Decentralize Banking.

As the current Central Bank systems stand, they may choose how much new currency to print and then choose who receives it as a loan.

The frequent recipient is a Mega Bank who's job is to break the new money down into smaller loans.

It is illegal for you, me or the Banker next door to just make new money and loan it out.

The exclusive right to print money is the Elite Classes insurance against any meaningful challenge to their power.

Competing currencies is a more fair system since many people will prefer a more efficient exchange of goods than the barter system.

Hopefuly natural selection

how does competing currency work?

That's like asking what would happen if we didn't had roads. I mean a road is a stupid invention if you think about it, you ruin bunch of land, you ruin nature and pollute so you can have idiots from different sides moving toward each other in a box on wheels, with just lines separating them from death and even when millions of people die it's still justified. Pretty retarded, but that's how it is with currency too.

what would happen if we didn't have roads?

The basic form would be to allow anyone to print and attempt to use their new money.

It gets a bit tricky though because a decentralized system is much harder to regulate and is ripe for scammers to crop up.

Ideally, Bill the landowner, declares that some property of his will be the backing for a new currency. Each new Bill's bill will give a person the right to use one acre (Bill picks which acre because Bill used to be a central banker) of Bill's land.

If enough people agree to those conditions and Bill honors his promises, his new currency might do very well. If Bill gets too greedy or revokes the rights of the users altogether, things get very messy.

This is why Empires prefer to have the Monarch or Central bank run currency issuance. It is also a reason that Silver and Gold are popular choices for coin metal.

The trouble is this: It can't be said enough "Whomever prints the money, controls all people who use that money!"

The first step to currency reform, (whether the current system is kept or not) is to educate the public about how easy they are to control when unelected men get to regulate their money supply.

railroad boom

survival of the craftiest

barter system with whoring being the main currency of females

>replicate commodity
wut

the cost to replicate a commodity is exactly the cost required to refine or extract said commodoty

the cost to replicate a currency is only a fraction of the value of a currency: printing the paper and the anti-counterfeiting measures

commodities are intrinsically non-replicable, they are real finite goods

Someday, we might find the genome that regulates greed, eradicate this and the world will be a better place

This is just wishful thinking. I know this sounds fucking redonckilous

OP is talking about tonight

He knows about August 14th

So no one could misuse the replication the same way we today to with currency, which is pretty much what I was trying to get over

Violence

>It gets a bit tricky though because a decentralized system is much harder to regulate and is ripe for scammers to crop up.
the net is that huge catastrophes are avoided though, t. nassim taleb in antifragile. Big systems are more fair and beneficial when they are fragile and have issues (like fraud from small time scammers) because in spite of them the overall system is healthier if it's decentralized.

Nationalism, good marriages, prosperity, honesty, good life. World didn't had cars for long, international wasn't a thing, only rich people traded in past and they invented degeneracy.

you can't replicate a commodity is what i'm getting at though.

if you "replicate" bananas, you have to grow a bunch of bananas and their value in trade will be the real value of a banana. currency can be printed with no basis on value.

maybe i don't understand your argument

>if you "replicate" bananas, you have to grow a bunch of bananas and their value in trade will be the real value of a banana. currency can be printed with no basis on value.

Exactly, it would be harder to use the system in your favor because some numbers on paper wouldn't mean shit, it would still be paper, just with numbers on it

anarchy

for a good period of time. Armed groups would pop up in places. the mere exchange comodity would be food. you have food you can buy everything. we will start trading again. People will work the land again

They would rediscover the concept of currency unless you also made them retarded

People can't simply go back to farming when their heads are already filled with dank memes. If you removed currency, then you would have to either trade one service with another, which btw is common among rich people, how they get all those CEO seats for hundreds of years. Or you could have star trek type of system.

Star Trek system? you got me interested, do tell me more if you can

>Currency dies.

It would be a Doomsday senario.

Especially if the currency that dies is the American Dollar.

Remember: Every world currency is PEGGED to the Dollar.

So if it falls, the world economy falls.

You want an example of what is to come?

Look at Venezuela.

Here is a link:

youtube.com/watch?v=i8OqYsiLxSM
Nobody talks about it, but it's just the beginning.

Prepare.

Buy guns and ammo.

Gold is for suckers. Keep stacking suckers.

Just watch it, else we can be here discussing it for very long, but basically if you want to create any system not based on money and privilege you first need to have order. The system we living in isn't really a system, it's more like an experiment where historic rich families abstracted illusion of people's power into money and democracy, but fact is they still have power and there really is no order, since shit happens behind closed doors, wars happen, etc.

I'm not even joking, I'm pretty fucking sure I made that pepe

I don't have any proof because I regularly clear out my meme folder

But I fucking promise you I made that Pepe. I found a Yu-gi-oh card template from somewhere, it was remarkably detailed and came with all the right fonts. And it had different colours of Yu-gi-oh card - I first made the card in purple but then I thought nah, grey will look better.

Fuck's sake I wish I still had it. I'm looking through the archives now but I can't find when I first posted it, and I think it's because that's a downsized version, and my original was bigger. Not sure though.

Anyway, glad to see my Pepe's being used, but angry that I can't claim credit for it.

Ree.

Have a fucking angry pepe in return (I didn't make this)

As in we could never conceive an exchange mechanism? Bartering. Life would become much harder.

Total collapse of course. But after a few billion had died we would build back again, and currency would be at the center of society once more.

Thank you for your contribution, real or not.

Also thank you for angry Pepe.

You will get pie in return