Will there ever be a film built upon such a grand and shocking mystery as Interstellar was?

Will there ever be a film built upon such a grand and shocking mystery as Interstellar was?

The hype was phenomenal, no one knew what to expect, the film was being hailed as a masterpiece and even casual cinema goers were going with their families to see it on release day - it was one of those big films that only came once every 10 years or so.

>Release date of Interstellar
>Most anticipated film of the year
>Whole theatre is packed
>IMAX screening
>The music, the atmosphere, the science and mystery slowly enveloping as the plot progresses.
>Shit starts going crazy, everyone's on the edge of their seats.
>Suddenly the Tesseract scene out of fucking nowhere.
>Whole theatre comes to a stand still

One of the most engaging and inspiring films of the decade, not even memeing. I have to give Nolan that praise.

>The hype was phenomenal, no one knew what to expect

We kind of did, too bad they took out the chinese robots

it's literally a carbon copy of the film Contact and its source material.

>, too bad they took out the Chinese robots

Wish that version was still in the film. That would have been amazing, but nonetheless, the final release was just as good

its an awfully manipulative movie where nothing happens but everything is extremely dramatic for no reason.

Is this bait?

Don't know what you're talking about because I wasn't hyped for this and when it came out it was like any other movie coming out

I don't know how you could get excited for anything in this climate when everyone and their mother is suddenly an actor
>rihanna
>ed sheeran
>AAA actor #4747366
Nothing of substance has been made for so long, I really have no clue what you're talking about when you mention this "Interstellar hype"

>its a someone doesnt understand people have different tastes episode

>this OP
Watch more films. Seriously.

People have shit taste, including you.

It was a popcorn flick masquerading as something with a deeper meaning AKA a Christopher Nolan movie.

>human extinction is no reason

aren't you missing an earth first meeting?

Lmao what the fuck are you talking about I didn't mention anything about taste, you spend too much time on here. You're like an abused dog snapping at everything, I'm laughing

Interstellar didn't have any groundbreaking hype you're just being dramatic

I thought it was pretty shit desu and I liked all the other Nolan films

How is this a response to what he said

>dude love lmao
yeah nah cunt

My favourite film is Carl Theodor Dreyer's Ordet, BUT

Interstellar is a MASTERPIECE

>Interstellar didn't have any groundbreaking hype

Are you underage? Interstellar was the hypest film of that year among 18-30 yr olds, if you never knew this you're either a retard or have no friends

It's certainly an extremely ambitious original film and I applaud him for it, but the execution was lacking, especially in the third act.
One of the better cinema experiences of my life though.

>One of the better cinema experiences of my life though.

Anyone here see Hateful Eight during the roadshow ?
Still own my brochure, one of my best experiences for sure. That was a once in a lifetime thing

if you're friend group consists exclusively of awkward dweebs in that age range then yea I understand how you'd get that impression.

most people forgot about it the next day they saw it

>Interstellar is a MASTERPIECE
I have to disagree, sorry.

Arrival was 10 times better than Interstellar

You and your friends are capeshitters

I'm inclined to agree with you OP.

I went with a couple of friends. None of us knew a thing about the film, I don't even think we'd seen any trailers.

I just remember being sat there thinking "I literally love every minute of this." It just hit all the right buttons.

I've watched it 4 times on blu-ray so far; even though I still love it, nothing beats the atmosphere in the cinema.

>he wasn't on Sup Forums in 2015
>he wasn't up to date on Nolan films in 2015
and your opinion matters why? How old are you?

I only visit a select few threads.

>comic relief from a robot fucked this movie sideways
I thought Nolan lost his fucking mind with TARS

nothing happens to the earth tho, they just say it and theres a little sandstorm and thats it.

>TARS set intelligence to 10%
>DUDE PRAISE KEK MAGA LMAO
>better make it 15%, slick

I didn't like the ending

It was good, but as with others I feel that the ending wasn't the strongest it could have been. In the first place, it could have worked without the "DUDE LOVE LMAO" that seemed hastily introduced and I think Cooper surviving the trip into the blackhole made the ending too conveniently happy. It set up the meeting with old Murph nicely, which was a fine way to end it, but I felt like it cheapened his decision to sacrifice himself for the sake of his family and humanity.

He voted trump, and he's open about how Hollywood treats Republicans.

I don't get it.

I'll just assume this is bait because otherwise, that's really sad.

rural and suburban retards.

The end of the movie, starting with the 4D piano strings, was total garbage.

It was due to the mystery that it was disappointing.

Interstellar is probably the worst big blockbuster from 2014 and yet immature neckbeards praise it

So are getting a sequel at all?

after TDKR anyone with sense was staring sideways at nolan

>it's literally a carbon copy of the film Contact and its source material.
1) That's not what "literally" means
2) It's a similar gimmick, but the beats of the plot are completely different, and it focuses on different themes. So if "carbon copy" means "these two films are in the same genre" now, sure.

>as with others I feel that the ending wasn't the strongest it could have been
Yeah, I'm 100% in that camp. It was an awesome movie with a lot of really interesting stuff going on, but they chickened out on the ending. That fact is probably what will stop it from being an enduring masterpiece.

It's odd to me that they admit to using 2001 as an inspiration, create a setup for a really similar (and potentially even better) ending, and then gave us the cop-out that we got.

I never got what the fuck was supposed to be happening in 2001's ending

>I never got what the fuck was supposed to be happening in 2001's ending
I mean, that's kinda the thing. 2001 had a lot of visual metaphor at the end, but I don't think it's meant to be totally understood. That's what I'm saying. End of interstellar has McConaguy traveling through the 5th dimension, transcending space and time. The human mind can't comprehend that. It should have been AT LEAST as weird as the ending to 2001.

Here's how I'd do it. Keep the bit with the piano strings and the data, they spent a lot of time setting that up. Probably the "handshake" bit too. But then, as he falls deeper toward the singularity, you give it the full 2001 treatment, light tunnel, inexplicable images, etc, then nothing. And then at the end you have a little wrap up scene with the space program launching, maybe FF to the colonists arriving later to meet a now-really-old Anne Hathaway. Leave out the miraculous resurrection and all that nonsense, it adds nothing. We're already bending enough rules letting bits of information leave the black hole, doing it with a whole guy (and his robot) is fucked.

gtfo dude, stick to ordet, interstellar is shit of the highest order...
pretentious, iƱarritu-tier bullshit, no heart at all, no one cares about fucking tesseracts except fucking autists