Do you guys actually like Nolan's work or is he just one big meme after TDKR?

Do you guys actually like Nolan's work or is he just one big meme after TDKR?

He's a good director and anyone who thinks otherwise is being contrarian

Memento was nice.

Unironically kino.

He got my respect after portraying Dunkirk with the race of people that were actually there.

all his movies are good, even the capeshit ones

Yes I love all his works I'm not a contrarian like you

I like him because at the core of these big sci fi movies he makes are simple emotional stories

I generally like his movies

It's more like an extreme love-hate relationship.

Most of you actually love his ideas, his artistic integrity and the execution of grand set pieces, but the hamfisted exposition and clunky dialogue/blocking keep his films from being truly "great" films.
You do not hate him like most people hate Uwe Boll, but you hate him because you see the potential of him making great films while keeps making the same flaws over and over again.
Not one of his films is below average in quality, but anons here must call it "complete utter dogshit" to balance out the general opinion of him.

People just think Nolan is capable of much more. And it seems like he finally listened to all of his critiques with Dunkirk (almost no dialogue, no close quarter fights=no poor choreography, a simple straightforward story)

The prestige was kino.

Inception is the one good film Ellen Page is in. That says something about the quality of that film.

Juno and hard candy were kino

I do I just don't find myself rewatching too many. They're all good they just seem to be missing something.

All his films are good, some even great. He has never done a truly bad film.

He's sloppy and lazy, and it seems the bigger his budget the worse it gets.

>hasn't seen Hard Candy

kys

>The only people defending nolan unironically use the word kino
That should tell you all you need to know about the imdb sensibilities of his fans.

Only plebs rewatch movies.

Wrong

>exposing yourself as a pleb

Only in cinemas

Juno is comfy AF

I agree with this

DELETE THIS

Memento is pretty good the first time. But it relies too heavily on its gimmick and gets worse with subsequent rewatches (like all his films except the Prestige)
The Prestige is far and away his best film and the only one that I'd be tempted to call great.
Batman Begins is typical capeshit, worse than Burton's film and kinda cringey at times
The Dark Knight is pretty good when it's ripping off Heat or Se7en. Other than that, it's cringey dialogue and nonsense.
Inception rips off an anime and is full of plot holes in its attempt to be so smart and cool (it's neither). Honestly it's on about the same tier as Bad Boys 2 but without any of the tongue-in-cheek or self-awareness.
The Dark Knight Rises is self-indulgent trash that's poorly made and terribly acted. It's like everyone phoned it in
Interstellar is literally Nolan just masturbating on-screen for 2 hours and is one of the biggest offenses to modern day cinema ever made. It's a shame because the cinematography is great along with the soundtrack (which is poorly implemented)

Dunkirk looks shit. The same reviewers praising it are the ones who said that Age of Ultron was great with straight faces
>inb4 some dunbfuck Nolan fanboy tries to defend him by saying that all directors are shit so Nolan being shit is okay

lmao Sup Forumsfags will literally like anything as long as it has lots of ypipo

>his artistic integrity

all directors are shit so Nolan being shit is okay

Get out you Cultural Marxist subhuman trash!

Please tell me where did he break his artistic integrity in his career? He keeps making original films (yes, even the batman trilogy) with almost a blank check from the studio and zero intervention.
Look at Dunkirk, who asked for a propaganda free ww2 film about some brits being evacuated with a full white male cast in 2017? No one, but he made it out of passion/desire to make it, not because the executive producers calculated what narrative is in the current market demand or whatever.

This, rewatching movies are for people who haven't grown out of teletubbies.

>A female character looking towards another guy
>A guy sleeping on a bed.

It's almost as if these positions are so common and so of course they look similar to each other.

>propaganda free ww2 film

You're adorable

And ellen pages performance carried that movie. Honestly I thought she would do more acclaimed movies after Hard candy and Juno.

>10/10
>9/10
1. 2010 Inception
>8/10
2. 2005 Batman Begins
3. 2017 Dunkirk
4. 2008 The Dark Knight
>7/10
5. 2006 The Prestige
6. 2000 Memento
>6/10
7. 2012 The Dark Knight Rises
8. 2014 Interstellar
>5/10
>4/10
>3/10
>2/10
>1/10
>0/10

Haven't Seen:
1998 Following
2002 Insomnia

Rumor has it he thinks about hanging himself for starting the capeshit craze.

>Schluurp... oh yes.. flwuop... mmgood... achgrchp.... yes.... it feels so good... I love it... bluorp.... Nolan your cock sliding down my throat feels amazing.... gwlopp... please don't stop... ackkl...

>he's never done a perfect film
>some of his movies are barely above average
>i haven't even seen them all
Yeah, might as well be sucking his cock.