Suicide Squad - YMS

youtube.com/watch?v=yL7UStivFHY

>Film critics showed up to see a film, not validate their obsession with a fucking action figure

Jesus christ he's actually right, saw this movie earlier before seeing the review and this is how it honestly felt.

Is this movieblob?

I'm not watching it but it sounds like something a faggot would say

Well, he's not wrong.

He actually knocks it out really well, there's alot more he points out like the stupid opacity filter thats used in some scenes and how god awful the editing is, strongly recommend you take a look at it.

Now I feel this movie may feel my 00's nostalgia

Except these characters existed in written and drawn fiction before any action figures were even in the cards. I usually love Adam, but this review did not stay objective and instead he came off as a massive ignorant and pretentious butthole. Comics have meaning and are important to many people around the world and to boil down any interest or validity to a character to nothing more than a piece of merchandise is a little rash. I understand comics are used to be merchandised but these stories and characters mean more than plastic. To most of the writers, artists, and fans.

I agree that the action figure line was obviously a hyperbolic attempt as a significant line over objectivity, but his point is valid. The idea of a character, what they mean to a person, should never take precedence over the quality of the stories they're in. That's what he's getting at. People are drawing battle lines and behaving like tards because there's this perception that characters important to them are under attack. That a bad movie must be defended for no other reason that the movie cannot be allowed to be thought of as bad if it has characters important to you.

Bad stories poison the well of a character, and defending bad stories just to try and prop up the characters or brands that are important to you is hurting more than helping. It's the same dumb ideas that lead to people trying to go "we need female/black/insert-label-here heroes, just defend anything with a that label as a protagonist above all else." The only thing that does is radicalize the community and allow bad stories to be squeak on by because you're putting an ideal over reality.

It's because of the bullshit described above that we get things like "it's obvious Disney bought bad reviews" when there is literally no evidence for this ever happening. People can't even accept that a good amount of people might just be wrong. The only reason there is this much negative reviews of the movie is that there's a conspiracy against it. Critics gave it bad scores for a variety of reasons. Some justifiable, some not so much. It's also important to note that the almighty Tomato-meter is an aggregate of recommendation to see, not an actual score. Which is tucked away in a tiny font beneath that.

The video isn't an attack on characters as having meaning, it's an attack on letting the importance of these things blind you to what is actually being done with them. And a reminder that not everyone has the same values when it comes to judging the quality of these stories.

To be fair the IMDB shit happens with the Marvel movies

>Jared Leto's Joker was the best part of the movie

lolwut?

I agree but why is talking like this?

Isn't this the guy who advocates bestiality?

He immediately says because he was unintentionally funny.

Yes. Not that film criticism and wanting to suck dog dick are co-related.

Thanks for the response! I agree with your statements, I was mainly referring to the "action figure" remark since you could literally use the excuse for any movie property or series. I guess it's more or less just frustrating to have people at work or other areas that you frequent literally refusing to even give a movie a chance due to Rotten Tomatoes. I miss the days when people saw movies for themselves and made their own judgements on them and maybe told a friend or two. Now people are deciding not to see something before it has even come close to coming out just from press releases or shitty rag tabloids talking about what they heard or what they are biased towards or against. People are welcome to choose if they want to see something or not, but the difference here is that many of these people are telling others how horrible it is or how stupid you might be for wanting to see it (or having no taste or intellectual merit) without even having seen it first to make an INFORMED decision. Overall I agree, I won't defend a movie for what the property is if its bad, but I also saw the film and saw a lot of good things in it. No movie is perfect and this was no exception, however, it was a lot of fun and I finally got a movie with some decent villains (in this case heroes) unlike in most comic book movies where the villains are paper thin and die at the end (most Marvel films.)

Honestly it's kinda hard to take the word of a literal dog fucker seriously

Leto's Joker WAS the most interesting character in the film.

Which says a lot about the film.

His joker wasn't maniacally funny. Just disturbing in an eccentric way.

This movie would make a lot more sense if it all turned out to be one of Harley Quinn's acid trips or drug induced dreams.

same could be said about a dceu fan though
they are almost doing the same

I think the DCEU films have all been so different that you can't even be a fan of it. Then again I hate half the MCU films so am I still a fan of that if I like the other half?

>I think the DCEU films have all been so differen
How so? The Snyder ones have the same problems: Bad pacing, bad characterization, bad tone, taking inspiration from good comics and completely misunderstanding them.
I haven't seen SS though.

Well, from what I've read, SS continues the bad pacing tradition, but a lot are saying the characters are good. Well, the one's who didn't get most of their scenes cut out.

what im gonna watch? dr strange???? hard pass.
if there is no dormammu whats the point