Have you ever met anyone that married someone for papers/green card?

Have you ever met anyone that married someone for papers/green card?

my mom was a mail order bride

Are you serious? How did you find out? How does it make you feel?

yes
I was still a kid. My stepdad didn't even care she had a child. as the years went by I sorta just put the pieces together and it wasn't like I suddenly found out
feels kinda weird and sometimes I feel like I was practically stolen

Why stolen? Do you have a good relationship with your step-dad at least?

are you an insane hapa
please spare me

well I only think "stolen" in depressing moments. Because the country I came from isn't really that great in certain aspects. I guess coming to USA was kind of a blessing but I was taken away from everything I knew and even Mexicans and the refugees here keep their culture
no I'm Belarusian

How old were you when your mom got married to your step dad?

7. for some reason I didn't leave until i was 8

Do you remember your real father?

Yes but he was rarely around. Sometimes he wouldn't come home for weeks and he's only hang around for a few days before leaving again. He wasn't violent but him and my mom were always quiet around each other and always talked in low voices. Last time I saw him was a few months before my mom got married again. He took me to the zoo and we got ice cream i think and he told me goodbye

That sucks user, hopefully your step-dad was a better father figure

he was Australian

Also forgot to mention that was only the last time I saw him before I left, I met him again twice, years after that

oh no...

Did he teach you the art of shitposting?

He hardly taught me anything

Man was your relationship that bad? Does he treat your mom well at least?

He treated my mom well and acted like he was "quite the player", always taking her boating and going to expensive places with her as eye candy I guess. He gave her money too. I wasn't treated bad but he never saw me as his son and thought it was only my mom's job to raise me. I wasn't really approached and likewise I never tried talking to him.

Well at least you had your mom. Do you have any other siblings?

no