Reminder

Reminder

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hWjt6LGhHsI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>reminder

if you're fragile enough that this upsets you I'm not sure how you can function in society

oh, right

I am reminded of how fragile your jimmies are. I feel bad that you are so rustled. Also,

>gif

I cheered in the theater when this happened. It was a fucking awesome scene. You niggers are incapable of finding joy in anything

it makes sense plot wise you moron
>Witch King can't be killed by no men
>gets beaten by a manlet hobbit and a women

The fucking worst scene in the movie

In the book faggot, back to the pit from whence you came.

>My pronouns are her, hers and she

Yikes

I loved that scene.
Someone not allowed to fight,sneaks into battle and saves the lives of her fellow county men by slaying the beast...
Doesn't get much better.
Saw in the theater,heard a guy a few rows back kinda yell "Yes!"

Maybe if Come at me bro!.
I am no bro,bro!

good scene desu.

in the books she doesn't get to see her father again in the battle.

She wasn't.
She's a fine ass Anglo Saxon bird that rode Faramir like a champion jockey.

Reminder: Merry weakened him first by stabbing him behind the knee with his blade

The book explains it more:
The sword(really a dagger) that Merry had was found in the Barrow Downs(not shown in the films) and it was crafted in Westernesse centuries before specifically to fight evil. When he stabbed the WK, it shattered the magic shield he had allowing Eowyn to finish him off.

PJ never put any of this into the trilogy even with the extended edition. No scenes were ever shot featuring that. So we can just assume he weakened the WK with a loophole about "No men being able to kill him" considering both weren't men.

>literally from the race of man

tolkien is such a fucking hack

>metroid prime

Why did Tolkien make him say "No man may *hinder* me"? Makes the Witch King sound like an autist.

What did LotR get that GoT misses so drastically? I feel so invested in Tolken's characters and world, I actually feel moved during scenes like this. GoT characters feel like monopoly pieces moving around an overlarge game-board by comparison.

Op,fuck you and thanks for the gif.
Some day you will realize that girls are not ucky, or maybe you'll find a nice fella to settle down with and you will relax.

"Politics" aside, it was a shitty cringy scene, because it felt really forced. Quips are the cancer of blockbusters and terribly edited ones with an unnecessary pause in the middle of a large battle doubly so.

>her father
Please leave.

Who would win, Eowyn, Mulan or Joan of Arc?

>monopoly pieces moving around an overlarge game-board
You put words to my feelings...are you Carly Rae Jepsen?

>it's an alt-right pussies cry about everything thread

Witch King beaten on technicality

>cringy
>Quips
>cancer
How hard was it for you to post without calling something reddit?
psst,hide you phone,your teacher almost saw you posting in class.

It was a quip and it was cringy.
How hard was it for you to post without calling something reddit?

>Who would win, Eowyn, Mulan or Joan of Arc?
we would lose

nice one,I guess you win,stupid.

LotR is good vs evil with clear boundaries. It never really delves into motivations.

GoT is everything is grey and no one is truly good or evil. Daenarys is actually a parody and tribute to Sauron. A menace from the east aswell as being represenative of the Mongol invasions of Europe from the east. People have fell for her because they've seen her story but in reality are supporting the biggest villain.
The show is very casual though. Pic as an example of difference in the books to show.

Nice tumblr gif

Tolkien spent decades coming up with the world -its peoples, history, languages, and mythology- before he wrote LOTR. World-building was his personal hobby. He was also a knowledgable linguist and was able to give the elements of his stories convincing and authentic-sounding names that fit into the cultural frameworks that he had constructed.

Writing actual novels was kinda like an afterthought for Tolkien, whereas most other fantasy authors have it as their primary goal.

I definitely agree that GoT does morally grey characters more commonly/better then LotR, but I'm not so sure about Martin's writing really adding that much depth. I think it's really a stretch to call Daenarys a parody of Sauron, there isn't much linking the two in terms of morality or characterization from my perspective.

Um, are you seriously still using gendered insults in 2017? That's pretty misogynistic, hon.

GoT is fucking awful because it's being handled by manchildren who are adapting an extremely complex story (which is not adaptable) in the laziest fashion. If you read the books you'll see that while not on the same par as LotR, ASoIaF series are actually pretty solid.

holy shitcakes I made that several years ago. can't believe someone actually saved it

FUCKING HELL HACKSON!!!!!!!

oh well i can finally enjoy this again.

so he doesn't notice her and misses a lifetime with her?

>Sup Forums is ok with this scene
>Sup Forums complains about females in practically every other show and movie

Truly captivates the cranium doesn't it?

>Sup Forums is one autist with one opinion

no

LOTR got away relatively unscathed since that was one of the few progressivist panderings in the entire series.

>Implying Sup Forums hasn't degraded to a hiveminded Sup Forumsfest

It's grandfathered in. Also, the story it's based on is over 60 years old.

Disregard this post, I didn't want to write it.

I don't use the K-word a lot, but I'd say it certainly applies here.

youtube.com/watch?v=hWjt6LGhHsI

>K-word
Kartoon? Kuck?

it's not that he doesn't notice her, it's that he doesn't move to the inner seat to make room for her because he stopped caring who sits where anymore instead of being needy. here's the original version that sad fucks on /fit/ kept posting back in the day.

although I like your very cinematic interpretation of what's happening.

The Witch-king, taunting Eärnur, fled the battlefield. When Eärnur attempted to follow, Glorfindel stopped him with a warning that would become prophetic in the future:

"Do not pursue him! He will not return to these lands. Far off yet is his doom, and not by the hand of man shall he fall."

merrys magical dagger is even dumber than what the movie did

He's clearly talking about race here. It would make more sense that Pippin would kill him.

"no"

redpill me on this shit. Is this another feminist gimmick?

>LotR is good vs evil with clear boundaries. It never really delves into motivations.
This isn't true. All of Tolkien's books have morally gray antagonists beside the main big bad. Denethor, Boromir, Feanor and even Sauron in the Silmarilion. Stop circulating this tired old statement.

Yep. I don't think Tolkien uses the word "human" once in any of his books. It's always men or man.

>literally kills the most powerful enemy on the battlefield
>heh nothin personnel, men

>after Merrin weakens it

>No MAN can kill me!
>Teehee, I ain't no man, sillybuns!

>Cant be killed by a white man
>A hobbit and a white woman do it for the white man
Like real pottery, Bravo Tolkien

She should have called him 'sweetie' and stabbed him in the penis.

Fuck straight white kings

>No MAN can kill me!
>Umm, sweetie

I hate this board.

Isn't she technically a man anyway?

no, for tolkien its more like

>magical dagger from a thousand years ago created with anti witch king magic just happens to fall in merry's lap because reasons

bravo tolkien, just bravo

this

I hated that line at the time when I was god knows what age.

>LotR in the year of our lord 2017
>"I am no man..."
>"I am QUEEN!"
>YAAAAAAAASS
2000's were so innocent, I wanna go back bros

this sort of shit happens all the time in mythology, which is what Tolkien was going for in his writings of middle-earth.

pretty shit complaint.

I can't wait for a reboot.

I think she misunderstood what was meant by "man"

>all these autists on both sides of the political spectrum falling for such obvious bait

>this isn't believable
>meanwhile legolas defies gravity and takes down one of those huge fucking elephants with a bow and some arrows

it's stupid and just one more thing to add on top of how terribly written the books are

I've been in that exact situation, except the reason I didn't offer to let the cute girl sit next to me is because I have crippling anxiety when talking to other people.

>implying you've ever read a book in your life

Just shut the fuck up.

Lemme guess.
You donated $20 to a female twitch streamer. She said thank you for 60 seconds and you thought she was obligated to send you nudes

This but ironically

Cant wait for the 2030 remake with a diverse cast and worse effects

that was really horrible acting by her... plus i wanted to see the witchking do some more damage as opposed to that crap.

disappoining scene.

its so easy to make tolkientards buttmad because the books are such childish crap

I can see it now.
>WE WUZ NUMENORIANS

>God favors the white men of the west
Bravo Tolkien, Bravo indeed.

>I am Norman
What did she mean by this?

>"Politics" aside
It's only political because you want it to be.
Experience life as if you don't care how your classmates interpret it.

>Butthurt shitskin jealous of the white men of the west detected
Get run over by rohirrim cavalry you fuckin halfbreed scum

list 5 books that are better written

Pity how that's only possible in fantasy these days.

It felt out of place in the book too. It was like the epic battle was interrupted by a clumsy joke.

Same thing with "speak friend and enter."

Feanor is an asshole who never did anything for anyone else and cursed his own children with his stupid oath.
And killed his cousins for some fucking boats which he burned later,because he is an asshole.

the walking dead comics are better written than a bunch of faggot midgets walking around singing songs

Imagine being this much of a bored triggerlord.

A girl does something REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You can bet your ass they'll make aragorn or arwen black,you know,for diversity.

>it was meant to be shit

Yeah,zombie crap is better then the 3rd and 5th most sold books in the world,whatever you say man.

Legolas is a boy(i think) so it is not only possible but it literally happened for real.
Although Legolas is kinda pretty so should I hate him because I am afraid of girls and blame stuff on feminism as our dear OP wants?

Even the prequel trilogy was better.
>The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
>The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug
>The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies
>Any of the Game of Thrones books

That reminds me, Arwyn riding Frodo to Rivendell was shit too.

kek, opinion discarded. This fag probably haven't even read 5 books outside school

>Yeah,zombie crap is better then the 3rd and 5th most sold books in the world,whatever you say man.

>popularity=good

see: fifty shades of grey

please go to /lit/ and try to convince them tolkien is a good writer

>still can't list 5 fucking books
tragic. you must be american. regurgitating other people's opinions without understanding them is just an appeal to authority.