So... why are people saying this is bad?

So... why are people saying this is bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2MweLwzU4vg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's problematic and something something Ghostbusters.

Just enjoy it for what it is, not everything needs to be a forced company war. It was good entertainment, move on with your life

They're too stupid to understand it.

Terrible pacing, terrible editing, loads of content needlessly cut for the sake of re-editing the film, shitty directing, poor writing, two dimensional characters, bright color filters all over the place because it gets Snyder off. Some of the performances were great, but the overall movie was a mess. There's probably some way the movie could be made to work but unless we get a long director's cut I don't see it happening.

This.

The editing and pacing were the worst for me, but that's something that general audiences won't usually notice because they have the ability to turn their brains off during a movie like this. Gee that must be nice

-The sound track was pretty clearly edited in with no regard for the movie as a way to ape GotG.
-Boomerang basically shouldn't have existed in this film, he did fuck all for most of it. They clearly threw in the unicorn plushie because of the deadpool scene. It almost would have worked if it had a pay off when he was stabbed but nope, just kidding it's a wad of cash instead. Why did he come back? how did he even know they were walking towards the climax? he ducked the fuck out of the bar immediately.
-Katana had no reason to join the squad in the bar, even once there she immediately says "im not a thief" and walks off. Why even go? her job wasn't to stop the big bad it was to prevent that flat as fuck flagg character from getting murdered and she just straight up leaves him in the streets.
-reusing stock footage from BVS
-nearly every joke falls flat
-jesus christ deadshot's kid's actress was just fucking horrible, even jaden in a wig would have been less of a wooden shit than her
-Croc does basically fuck all, gets one scene where he should be fine and gets swarmed by mooks
-no payoff for the guard that they spent the first act leading up to. the last we see of him harley says "you're screwed hawhawhaw" and then no pay off.
-Enchantress' first transformation in the boardroom was great and then they gave the fuck up on making it look good.
-reused diablos yard footage 2-3 times and the fire looks like shit, worse than nic cage's ghost rider fire. avatar state out of fucking no where. the crown and "bye" were cute though.
-Avatar state diablo can somehow speak ancient whatever the fuck enchantress and incubus are speaking.
-didn't even bother trying to disguise the fact that they were going to blow up slipnot, at least give him an intro like the others so people who haven't read the comic don't immediately know he's going to be offed
-Flash has blue lightning

>Why did he come back? how did he even know they were walking towards the climax? he ducked the fuck out of the bar immediately.
Seen of him contemplating whether or not to go back was cut.

>Avatar state diablo can somehow speak ancient whatever the fuck enchantress and incubus are speaking.

As a spic, he was speaking Spanish. It was just distorted.

it was boring and dragged on, honestly it really didn't need to be 2 hours long

Well, it shouldn't have been. Cuz now it's one of the reasons why the movie sucks

>-The sound track was pretty clearly edited in with no regard for the movie as a way to ape GotG.
Literally starts crying about his precious Marvel in the first line
LMFAO!!!!!

jesus fucking christ
the guy complaining must be dumb a shit

The editing and soundtrack

Because it wasn't good.

Con't
-Scenes that were obviously made for the trailer or promotional shots that don't make sense in the context of the film: joker in the circle of weapons, harley stealing the bag
-half the script is absolute ass, and the only times it's saved is by Wol Smoth or Leto

>"I don't want to do this in front of your daughter"
>after jumping down infront of his daughter

-deadshot falls for harley inexplicably. They have all of one scene establishing some kind of connection in the stairwell and he immediately wants some clown poon.

-spend the entire movie making a really good waller only to have her turn into a cuck in the bruce wayne's getting a band together scene.

-Waller gets tentacle raped.

-The big plot device is that the weapon is a spell that's really a machine because if it wasn't a physical object they couldn't blow it up with tnt. This is just fucking stupid.

Gotta say though overall it wasn't the worst thing ever, just solidly mediocre. Every few minutes there's a scene that's a gem, it really feels like they could have had a really good movie if a single director, writer that's not ayer, and team were just left to do their own thing. It's a shame really.

Couldn't even tell over that distortion, sorry spicanon.

I liked it I give it like a 65/100 my main problems is the pacing and the fact that Boomerang only threw like 3 boomerangs that whole movie

I loved the visuals and the music. My only problems are the fucking stupid plot that makes Waller look incompetent as fuck. She loses control of everyone, she causes the problem, she's Batmans bitch at the end. Also, nothing in universe changes from beginning to end. No consequences to any of this. Not to mention the fact that the joker doesn't really have any reason to be in the film at all.

Joker should've been the bad guy instead of enchantress... Would've made the whole thing more coherent.

But damn it if I didn't love the visuals so much that it redeems the shitty plot and characterizations for a 7/10 film. It's still better than Mos, BvS, and most marvel shlock, that's for sure!

Was a 4/10 but because i saw flash its a 5/10

But he's right. It was aping GotG right down to the plot structure.

Mostly right.

either you've never seen GoTG or you didn't actually see SS because yo have to be some kinda idiot to think that

>The shadows

>no payoff for the guard that they spent the first act leading up to. the last we see of him harley says "you're screwed hawhawhaw" and then no pay off.

Are you retarded, did you not watch the end of the movie when Joker comes back? What, do you think he just got Harley and left?

I'm on the fence about seeing it and just need to know one thing, how is Captain Boomerang?

Hes fun, just dont expect much of him.

He was my favorite character of the film, but he does basically nothing. He has maybe ten lines of dialogue. I read on here a few days ago that a lot of his scenes were cut.

That is a damn shame

and it's a bigger shame that there probably won't be an extended release.

No idea, just came back from seeing it and enjoyed it a lot.

>deadshot falls for harley inexplicably

Not true, he was treating her as you treat a psycho bitch, you try to stay on her good side.

He probably did want to fuck her but can you blame him?

Denial is strong in you.

>"Man, I'm so clever I can't stop thinking about deep things like CapxBucky and Steven Universe"

>"This movie is terrible, why can't every movie be like Civil War or Ant Man"

Memes.

Gee, tell us how it feels to be so intelligent.

Fan outcry for it. I wanna see Leto's scenes. I'd be okay if DC shilled and Ultimate Edition of all their films

I thought it was pretty funny. They say he is free to go, but where else can he actually go? So he just came back.

he threw like 3 trick boomerangs and a total of around 8

It is a poorly made movie.

>boomerangs

None of them were boomerangs, he could be throwing rocks and it would be the same.

SJWS found it problematic so reviewers held the line it was bad. Now on places like here, hive mind taken over.

It was actually pretty great. Not perfect mind you but solid fun

It isn't rated R.

To be clear I enjoyed the hell out of that movie but it did have some horrible editing.

Because it wasn't very good.

Watched it last night, wasn't as bad as reviews made it out to be. Had a few good setpieces and moments between the team, but it really was a "by the numbers" cape movie which is shame since they had alot of good characters to work with and could've felt like its own different thing like GOTG and Deadpool.

Deadshot, Katana, Killer Croc, Captain Boomerang, and Waller were the standout characters. Everybody else was just meh. Harley's humor and one liners just felt cringey to me and the Joker subplot was lame, Joker himself was ok should've just made him the main villain instead of the le ancient evil chucklefucks

Here's another question.

Why was Harley sent back to jail? What could Waller possibly do to her if the nanobomb was defused? It was established that nobody would do anythig to her if she escaped (because they somehow bonded, and the only dude who killed women and children died)

Was the defusal temporary? If so, why didn't they show that? What clues were we given to infer that?

Because the studio cut all the best parts and added in a bunch of sloppy comedy in an attempt to ape GotG, despite the character drama here actually working quite well (compared to Snyder's trainwreck, where it wasa dreary, self-serious slog).

>Avatar state diablo can somehow speak ancient whatever the fuck enchantress and incubus are speaking.

Spanish? Diablo spoke spanish when in avatar state

>>"I don't want to do this in front of your daughter"
>>after jumping down infront of his daughter

Maybe he referred to buttfucking him with the guns and breaking his arms inside his own anus, remember he's the same batman of BvS

>Waller gets tentacle raped.

This is bad because?

Because a film student could edit the film together in a more coherent fashion. It seriously may have the worst editing I've ever seen in such a big-budget movie - and I didn't think anything could surpass Transformers: Age of Extinction in that regard.

It should've been Katana

That's racist

Because Critics are focusing too much on what the movie should be and not appreciate what it is as presented.

that's hot

and fuck you too.

>that makes Waller look incompetent as fuck. She loses control of everyone, she causes the problem

Sounds pretty true to the character.

That's great!

>Why did he come back
he's a boomerang

Oh, wow. You're actually serious.

Carlos!

>despite the character drama here actually working quite well

Frankly speaking, trying the fuck the wannabe jap biker ganger with the soul sucking sword would probably a less hazardous laid than clown chick to be honest.

Because all the Marvel shills are literally too stupid to understand the depth and nuance of David Ayer's cinematic masterpiece that is DC's Suicide Squad.

Because it is a bad movie.

>le SJW bogeyman

the movie got bad reviews because it's bad

You know what's funny? Seems that the internet hyperbole machine may have actually backfired. People were told that this movie was such a flaming piece of shit, that when people did see it and it wasn't the dumpster fire it was made out to be they start questioning critics. In particular internet critics trolling for hits.

See had they just said. "Hey guys SS is pretty much middle of the road, mediocre. It's kinda fun but not siomething you'd want to watch again. "

Something along those lines, it may have been different. But the ass pain over Ghostbusters which they tried to push but turned out not to be very good after all and dropped quickly and decided to paint this movie as a disaster if epic proportions and it wasn't. Just the opposite and many enjoyed it is basically blowing up in the faces of these critics and it should. Keep your fucking agenda and personal crusades the fuck out of reviews.

People didn't like Ghostbusters, get over it.

b..but my autism won't let me!

They advertised it as Big Willie and the Squad vs The Joker and instead got Harley Quinn and Feelsshot's CGI in the sky zombie apocalypse.

>Keep your fucking agenda and personal crusades the fuck out of reviews.

said the person whining about a shadowy cabal of reviewers out to destroy cinema

The awful soundtrack where every 10 seconds we'd get a different, incredibly loud pop song was by far the worst thing. Other issues where certain characters doing fuck all, and the building up to jokes which fell incredibly flat.

The characters themselves were fine, there wasn't a particular bad performance (maybe Cara Delameme) and they all had the potential to be interesting if they'd been written better. Ultimately I think Ayer wanted to have Deadpool-esque over the top violence but a story which was at the core, quiet dark and character oriented while the studio wanted something more Marvel (which isn't a bad thing), which was more light-hearted at fun that could appeal to a wider audience. Ultimately the two ideas seem to clash and we end up with an bang average, bizarrely edited movie that's only redeeming aspects are the wacky characters.

Fuck....I'm fine with that explanation.

I just got back from the film and didn't like it. Pacing was all over the place and it kept flicking between '2deep character drama' and 'wacky hijinks'. The trailer bait was poorly editted in, and I can't believe I'm saying this but I actually did have a problem with sexualised Harley. It was fun at the start but then it got cringy as fuck when they just wouldn't quit and get to the actual content.

That should've been a line in the film.

Too bad he had birtually 0 dialogue. They could have cut him, Croc and Katana and it would have been fine.

Because it's not one of the first cape movies, the novelty is gone for mainstream audiences and the already low standards that were set with shit like Captain America 1, Iron Man and Thor have been raised slightly higher by TWS and CW. There's no room for mistakes because these people have seen it all already. They think they know what's good or bad for these films.

I mean look at Cap 1, that tiny Chris Evans was silly as shit and no one ever mentions it. A good chunk of Iron Man's plot is improv, and Thor...I can't even remember that movie. DC is an unknown, you don't know what you're gonna get with their movies. Whether it be Snyder slo Mo out the ass, or an almost music video.
Marvel is a safe bet almost always, it'll be lighthearted, joke filled, and it won't ever be that serious. They made their mistakes when people were forgiving, when Cape was fresh out the oven.

Bog Witch Enchantress was good, and I think the actress did a good job.

Princess-mode Enchantress was pretty bad.

No suprise from Buzzfeed
1/3

2/3

lemme guess, muh sexism

3/4 i fooked up
She does make a good point though

>showing skin is sexist so you can't have fun anymore.
I fucking hate these faggots.

They smash in the animated movie:
youtube.com/watch?v=2MweLwzU4vg

>owns a gun reading "love" and "hate" on the barrel

It's on the cylinder fucking normies REEEEEEEE

I can tell you the movie falls off a cliff. It started off so good then instantly went to what can only be described as forced drama.

It should have kept up the pace with Suicide Squad doing crazy missions with all sorts of death and carnage. Instead they started battling Rita Repulsa and her army of putties

mfw Suicide Squad was a better Ghostbusters movie than Ghostbusters 2016

I thought the same shit and it made me conclude that ghostbusters should have just included males to not alienate an entire gender
You just need up to 2-3 woman in a film the rest can be all guys because woman are satisfied with those small roles
They're not complex they only have about 3 types of personalities in the real world
Shy quiet one funny slut and serious bitch

It wasn't even about men-women ratios
It was a movie about talented but otherwise ordinary human beings going up against a supernatural threat that they are thoroughly unprepared to deal with. Thats what the Ghostbusters should be; a team of intelligent, skilled individuals using technology and intelligence to overcome incredible adversaries. It shouldnt be a fanciful walk in the park; there should be a sense that they're way in over their heads, but the movie should also be able to say"its okay, they're used to beating the odds and having the decks stacked against them. They're not gonna quit just because they're outnumbered or outgunned".

Because they didn't enjoy it.

it's not that bad, it was an ok, fun movie but they're hating it because it wasn't GREAT, it's like MCU was hoping ant-man saved the cinematic universe

It will, either by Ayer when given the ok by WB or by WB themselves.
They are going to call it The Joker Cut.

What the fuck does Ghostbusters have to do with this movie?

In the theater about to see the movie with my family and Gf. What expect?

I, and my ADD-riddled brain, really enjoyed it. Don't believe the hype. Just turn off your thinking box and enjoy it. Like a cinematic blowjob.

>Suicide Squad
>no one committed suicide
The fuck man

The RT scores and the bank...Ghostbusters has a 70+RT score while being pretty fucking lame and its been called a success by making 140+millions on their entire run, while being a 'win for feminism everywere!'.
This has completely unfair RT score, made 140+millions in two days and is been decried as 'putting women issues back 20 years' and was literally called 'an angry manbabby answer to Ghostbusters'.

Slipknot did...he was Straya posted into doing it thou, but still...

Wait, which critics that praised Ghostbusters 2016 were tearing down Suicide Squad?