DCU

Should the DCU have continue from GL instead of rebooting it and have 3 film failures that were spearheaded by Snyder? I know he didn't direct SS but his influence is all over the franchise.

GL wasn't a good movie but it had some fun stuff that may have made the next films good. Plus, they wouldn't have had to rush catch up to Marvel and could have taken their time building up a proper Justice League movie.

So Sup Forums should they have rebooted or not?

The problem isn't that they rebooted, it's that they rebooted with a movie that wasn't made at all with an extended universe in mind, Man of Steel

I still have hope for that rumored Green Lanturn Corps movie.
Sad I know...

>Should the DCU have continue from GL
Oh yeah, the DCU should totally have kept going from a movie that bombed financially, critically and even as a detriment to the character itself. Good plan.

The only thing they did wrong was try to play catch up. If they just handled it slowly and let it grow more organically, things would've been better.

I say yes, not sure why everyone hates the film. Easily a good sequel could have saved it.

So DC should pull the plug again after BvS?

Where does this failure meme come from? All 3 movies have been financially successful.

They should reboot Green Lantern with John Stewart (Idris Elba) as main character. Hal blew his chances with his movie and every cartoon and lets not talk about him poisoning Green Lantern name so hard nobody wanted to buy toys.

BvS didn't bomb financially and has great word of mouth. The Blu Ray sales were incredible.

>has great word of mouth

SS has been promising so far, but it's kinda early to call it financially successful

You guys were saying the exact same about MoS. Are blu-rays the new DLC?

>BvS didn't bomb financially and has great word of mouth
>great word of mouth

By all definitions of that statement, that isn't true

Such a great word of mouth that it's still being mocked all around
>inb4 "but the critics don't matter!"
Not talking about the critics

I haven't heard a single person in real life say they didn't like it.

Have you? Not over the internet. In person.

Yes? Do you really believe it's that absurd? I've also spoke to people that said they weren't that impressed by CW, others that thought DP was still the best cape of the year etc... people have many, many opinions

>Have you? Not over the internet. In person.
Yes. Literally yesterday in the theater after SS

"Well it was better than BvS" "That's not really an accomplishment"

MoS was a success. BvS was not even close. The low expectations were 1 billion and it fell far short of that.

No I dont but this meme that everyone hated these movies is just completely untrue. Thats shown by how much discussion and staying power they have. When was the last time there was a thread for any of the phase 1 Marvel movies?

Yet The Dark Knight still gets threads. People are just more invested in DC characters so they have a much larger knee jerk reaction.

>has great word of mouth

Oh boy...

Most people I know thought it was trash. Only one coworker liked it and he is a litteral idiot who barely passed high school

>When was the last time there was a thread for any of the phase 1 Marvel movies?

How many people spend time talking about how good a day it was outside? How perfect their meal was?

Now how long do we talk about a murder, a tragedy, a disgusting act done by someone. People discuss awful, awful things far longer than the good. That's why.

This. I never liked MoS all that much (but BvS really puts things in perspective, doesn't it?) but it had a decent BO run of almost $700millions. BvS couldn't even double that despite the addition of Batman and WW, and the last two Batman movies alone made more than 1 billion each

>Moving the goalpost this much
>Still going with the "nobody REALLY cares about Marvel" meme

Whats your age? Mid 20s here and I've had the exact opposite where only 1 person I know didnt like it and my whole office was talking about how good it was.

No one does. Thats why you never hear people bring up Marvel movies again. They just replaced the summer action blockbuster. Most people watch it once and never watch them again.

You can't even be subtle in your trolling.

Whateve you say, bro

Expectations is what it's all about, if a studio spends $200millon on a move with big draw characters and big name stars they expect it to take all the money. If it then only take a bunch of money the studio and pundits will consider it a disappointment if not a failure.

33 the guy who liked it was about 26. Everyone else who hated it had a range of ages from 20-40 ish.

You're not wrong. I've seen all the MCU movies but yeah I never have rewatched any of them except Iron Man 1.

Nyder influence is a good thing he qaz the reason we were going to get horror aquaman he was the guy that wanted director creations. Now we are going to get mcu shit based on Johns books

>wanting horrorquaman
Leave.

DC should just wait until after Captain Marvel to get some ideas. Marvel would make a better Green Lantern movie than Green Lantern.

I just want deep sea lovecraftian deep sea horror

I've always said that there's no point going forward with the Reynolds GL film because it sucked and associating it with any future movies can only hurt their brand, but since then they've put three more stinkers in the can and a couple more coming out in the near future, so it doesn't really matter at this point.

It's sad that WB hasn't had a single good cape adaptation in the past decade not directed by Christopher Nolan. I think there are two reasons for that: Nolan is a competent filmmaker, and the studio let him do what he does without breathing down his neck because they were looking for somebody to take their broken franchise and just do something fresh with it. Everything else, even stuff made by competent filmmakers (like Green Lantern) was fucked up because of committees of execs.

Why?
Nothing about it is anti-extended universe.

But Sup Forums never embraced movies with low RT percentage.

Zack Snyder is like the new Shamalamadingdong

he made 2 pretty good movies (300 and insert your fav here, I feel that Watchmen deserves to be here, but Dawn of the dead was pretty good too)
And now he can't make a good movie to save his life. What a twist

Then read a Lovecraft book or watch a Lovecraft adaptation.

If you wanna play that game, I got more people telling me that that BvS was bad than the opposite. Even some of my friends that prefer DC over Marvel struggled to realize how this movie would have been so bad. And they have the same reaction right now about Suicide Squad which they'll probably watch purely because they are fanboy (by their own admission). Honestly, the only persons I know that liked these movies are two unrelated girls that are way into Harley Quinn and also liked the new Ghostbusters.

Based on that, I could safely say that this movie was bad according to everyone (including DC fanboy) and that the only persons that liked it are women. Which we will all agree that isn't true at all. That's why personal experiences doesn't mean shits in an argument.

>people on the Internet don't actually exist in real life
>my personal experience with 4-8 people means shit when millions have seen that movie