ITT: Our Preferred Designs For Cape Characters

Superhero characters designs vary often. Their muscle size, height, hair, uniforms, etc. How do you like your characters?

Off the back of my head for me:

>WW: Taller than average (probably taller than Superman at least), curly hair, decently muscular, Greek nose.
>Superman: Don't care as long as he has red underwear. Long hair optional.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q-bnM5SuQkI
youtube.com/watch?v=C-m0ehT3_mo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ignore the dialogue. But This.

>Wonder Woman will never have curly hair again

Wondy coming in with those Jotaro tier bantz.

I like WW with a cape. She seems more warrior-ish and less show girl-ish.

Looks like it would restrict her range of motion too much.

I never would have imagined I'd like Wonder Woman with a cape, but they totally sold me on it, it looks fantastic.

No. That is pretty light armor. Hell wearing full plate armor knights could dance or do handstands.

Also It is a lot more practical then looking like she is having a day at the beach.

There has never been anything wrong with Wondy wearing actual armor. Her usual costume is the dumbest.

Forgot video

youtube.com/watch?v=q-bnM5SuQkI

Best Star-Lord design

Batman, from The Animated Series.

Patrician taste. Have some musical accompaniment.

youtube.com/watch?v=C-m0ehT3_mo

It's hard for me to pick a batsuit, but pre armor AK bats didn't look half bad

Batman doesn't need trunks area highlighted.

Superman doesn't need red Trunks

I like golden/silver age Black Canary's hair better than any modern styles

>Superman: Don't care as long as he has red underwear.
Same. This is why I hate his MoS and N52 costumes. The same goes for Batman.

>mah hema nigga

This. Armor only restricts you if it's severely ill fitting. Truthfully, I think WW should go full Hoplite, but altered slightly to make it look clearly WW.

>>WW: Taller than average (probably taller than Superman at least), curly hair, decently muscular, Greek nose.

This. Also, the skirt needs to stay. The cape ain't bad either.

>Her usual costume is the dumbest.

I hear ya, user-brother. It's dumb because it's in the middle of things that would make sense. If her armor serves a point, she should be actually *armored*. If she's invulnerable and a true warrior (not crippled by modesty), she should fight naked.

Her usual costume both restricts movement and provides little protection, combining the worst of both worlds.

>Taller than average (probably taller than Superman at least)

You don't want a tiny, adorable WW?

Superman: Definitely strong looking but not totally built. I mean he would be pretty strong looking with all the moving and heavy lifting he does but there's almost no way to REALLY train his body

Batman: He should have a mix of looking really fucking imposing and also agile so I'm not sure what that would like.

Wonder Woman: Not giantess tall but at least as tall as Batman/Superman. And she shouldn't be body build big since she has Super strength but she should for sure look like she gets A LOT of exercise.

Flash: He should have a slim athletic build. Never liked generic super hero buff Flash

Hal GL: Nothing special but a guy who you call tell exercise regularly.

Brubaker-era Catwoman had the purrfect look. Thankfully her costume hasn't changed much, but I do miss the open boots. I also like it when she has a bit of hair peeking out of her headgear. Also love the goggles and short hair.

Why is DC obsessed with Aquaman being clean shaven lately? It looks horrible. He should have facial hair. Same with Green Arrow.

Fuck that she should be at least six foot 2 minimum.

Time for a bit of a rant. One thing I have in my head is if a character has superhuman strength, that is the function of their power has little to nothing to do with the laws of physics, there's no need for them to have muscles.

In cases like Superman and Hulk I can excuse it since there's some hand wave about cells getting juiced by radiation, but think more like how Bendis made Molly Hayes a hulking giant because he figured super strength meant she should be a hulking giant. Even though her express mutant power is tactile telekinesis which allowed her even as a frail child to exert enormous force as she pleased.

On another note I've always felt if a character is going to wear armor, don't shape it to look like washboard abs and pecs , especially if the pieces are rigid and don't serve any functional purpose. It just makes the person look like a chode.

No hips

Wonder Woman must have hips

>Superman doesn't need red Trunks
Technically, Superman doesn't need anything, which is part of the whole problem. . . Most superheroes aren't really designed practically. (e.g., Superman's strength doesn't come from his muscles, so why is he always drawn so buff?)

As for WW. I, personally, think she should be a little bulkier. Probably built like an Olympic Grecko-Roman wrestler, but tall, like Barda. She was born, raised, and trained with warrior women; her physique should definitely reflect it.

Best design

Definitely this Harley.

Ivy I have different feelings on. DCAU Ivy was made a womanlet to make her cherub-like, but I prefer her taller than Harley and tall generally. I don't mind the green skin, but I like when it's a subtler thing like pic related.

Catwoman I like the current standard Darwyn Cooke suit, but
>I like the zipper up if she's doing anything
>I really like the Arkham Asylum bio picture where she has the goggles AND the domino mask part of her cowl
I'd have her around Ivy's height.

In terms of breast size, which is what we all care about,

Ivy > Selina > Harley

Couldn't care less what she wears since Kori going nude would work for me, but that hair has to go. Looks like a bloody hairball Dex-Starr coughed up.

>but that hair has to go
>Hating the poofy hair.

You have no taste. Its the best part of her design other than her eyes

If Batman wants armor to protect his torso, then several smaller plates work better than one large piece. Abs still look weird, but hey

ive always felt that. while barda is generally around 7 feet + wondy should be shorter than her, like 6'3"-6'5"

Best Red Hood design

Literally a perfect design, but they had to go and ruin it.

>grey costume
>yellow circle behind the bat symbol
>white eyes
>short ears on the cowl
>lean, muscular physique
>long draping cape
>touch of blue
This is the best Batman design, by far. You can disagree with me, but just know that you are wrong.

I guess practicality is sort of irrelevant in a fictional setting like Batman, but I've always preferred the long ears because they help distort his height and appearance even more.