Why did they make Escobar so likeable? I know they showed all the bad shit he did but in general...

Why did they make Escobar so likeable? I know they showed all the bad shit he did but in general, the show was very sympathetic towards the man behind the Cartel boss.

Escobar was the lowest of the low. Narcos should have portrayed him as such

You should stick to capeshit

I didn't find him at all likeable. It just made me hate him more that he was such a family man but incapable of caring about all the families he destroyed

Just because he's ruthless to his enemies doesn't mean he hates his family and those he's close to.

because he was likeable to his people.

Because reality isn't black and white. Bad people can have good qualities and visa versa.

I detest capeshit, even moreso when it concerns the Netflix variety

For what its worth, I thought Narcos was great but too sympathetic towards this mass murderer and his despicable minions

How so? I was always rooting for the narc agents. The show wasn't shy about showing how brutal him and his cartel were. I think him enjoying himself with his riches and family makes him somewhat likeable but a normal viewer should also be aware of all the shit he's done without constantly being told he's an evil guy.

Because although he operated outside the law and murdered people, he was also the largest provider of jobs in his country, essentially presided over a Coca-Cola sized production company and went out if his way to give back to the poor.

I would rather have him portrayed as an actual human being with depth beyond just being the "lowest of the low"

I'm not sure how you thought he was sympathetic beyond being a chill pothead when he wasn't ruthlessly murdering people.

Show did a fairly decent job of making everybody a piece of shit in some regard.

Adoring the people who give you value and a sense of satisfaction does not by any means justify torture/murder/kidnappings etc.

Capeshitters are the ones who would be dumb enough to fall for this glamorized, romanticized garbage. The same people who watch Scarface and miss the whole fucking point of the end and want to emulate the fucking thing.

Did you not notice that a lot of crime movies do this? Did you see Godfather, Goodfellaas, etc.?

Every single "bad guy" in history thought he was doing the right thing and had people he loved and cared for, never forget that.

Sorry, replied to wrong post

I think the Sicarios were made to look way worse than Pablo, the likes of La Quica and Poison, even Limon at the end

I understand that Pablo's relationship with Tata was central to the plot but it often seemed to make him a likeable character and you would forget about all the terrible shit he pulled like all the bombing

Pablo was absolutely terrible human being, and that was portrayed in the show. Yes, he had his good sides like being a good family man (his son and his wife attest to that, he truly loved them), but he was despicable and ruthless to everyone else.

The show portrayed him accurately, human beings aren't black and white. The BTK killer for example killed 10 people, children also, but by all accounts he was a good father and a good husband.

because he was very likeable and warn irl. I read a book about his life and he was great with his friend and relative, ruthless and merciless with enemies and threat. life is not good guys vs bad guys

>being a good family man

Apart from when fucking glamorous news reporters up the ass

>when his mom comforts him after his best friend was killed
I was not expecting that. Made me a little sad.

>But daddy, how will santa know where to find us?
Stop it Narcos. I don't need this right now.

Completely unrelated to the original post but

a) How the fuck did he lose all the money when he was raking in over 20 fucking billion a year?

b) Did La Quica and Blackie get immunity irl because they were both utter scum and deserved jail/death

Didn't he cut that releationship in favor of his wife though? Can't remember.

Yeah Pablo is shown to enjoy himself and take care of his crew and family which softens and maybe takes the effect off all the horrible shit he did. I think that worked with the community around him which adored him and maybe tacidly on the audience which can relate to certain aspects of his character. The other groups in the show didn't have that much room for depth and therefore didn't get a lot of downtime to be humanised.

I still disliked Pablo (the bombings, Supreme Court raid, killing that badass cop guy) but he was entertaining, however some people might fall into that trap of giving him too much sympathy.

>but he was despicable and ruthless to everyone else.
only to enemies. he inspire loyalty and respect to a lot of people because he was alpah as fuck a lot and was a natural leader.

Civilians are his enemies now? He killed plenty of them. He had no regard towards human life to anyone not close to him.

He gained respect via fear and violence. His political ambitions and charitable work was fuelled mainly by narcissism and a need for mass money laundering

Escobar was the charismatic lead, he was extremely likeable, even in the actual photograph of him he looks like a funny guy.

The wooden yanky actor was so shit though, I stopped watching because of the scenes with him and his wife, absolute torture seeing them attempt acting. Fucking american actors shitting up series with their wooden acting, bullshit oorahs and world policing. It's the same reason the new King Arthur flopped dramatically, the yank from Son's of Anarchy can't act for shit his English accent was like clapping with hands full of shit.

Oberyn was great in it though.

Boyd Holbrook was a top-tier model before he became an actor. I thought he did a reasonable job. Not a patch on The Red Viper though

Because fuck white people and yaaaas poor brown people doing what they have to survive in dis white manz world

Some people evidently fall for that type of display thinking he's on their side and give him sympathy and support. That is until it isn't beneficial for him to be so or you get in the way.

Because he was greatly know for being charismatic and trying to maintain a positive public image by spending millions on projects for the poor and attempting a run for the presidency and congress (which would give him immunity from the law).
He was a complete scumbag but he was highly intelligent and knew how to win people over to his side which the show depicts very nicely.

exactly, people act in the course of action they believe to be the best way. They will do what they believe is right, even if its murder, torture, etc.
just goes to the old adage that the worst things are done for the best reasons
people arent comic book villians who are "pure evil" for no reason, the closest you can come to that is psychopaths/serial killers but usually they have their reasons aswell

The "Yank from Son's of Anarchy" is british, not american. That was not a shitty accent, he talks like that.

Somebody post the webm with the 11/10 Latina trying to seduce a guy

Well he was human too. It's not too black and white.

But they showed his dark side. I didn't feel bad when he died. He deserved it.

HURR DURR EVERY POWERFUL MAN WAS EVIL 24/7. you probably think hitler was wrong too you fucking retarded sheeple.

There are no good guys in Narcos.

While Pablo may have been truly evil, the US and Colombian governments made it possible. The DEA has always been and still is pure evil.

Are you retarded?

>he didn't like seeing Murphy go from straight laced agent to a brutal rage filled "fuck you nigger" tier operator