Fuck post-war architecture I hate it so fucking much WW2 was a mistake I honestly believe Hitler would've taken better...

Fuck post-war architecture I hate it so fucking much WW2 was a mistake I honestly believe Hitler would've taken better care of this country than we have

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5LKSUi6TL1g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Of course he would have. But it's Hitler that's responsible for creating the postwar mess

Looks like something eastern europe would build during the cold war.

Your postwar architecture isn't nearly as much an aesthetic meltdown as ours or France's

post examples i really need to feel better about this grim fucking country of ours

As terrible as most brutalism is it's still virtually a gothic revival next to some of the utter crap on the London skyline.

Do you agree or disagree with what Prince Charles says about it here in this short clip?
youtube.com/watch?v=5LKSUi6TL1g

Speer is largely overrated even by those of us sane enough not to invoke Hitler as anything but a mass murdering psycho. Worthwhile Soviet architecture is unironically better than any Nazi pipedreams.

hate it hate it hate it hate it

Oh no I was referring to the Blitz

I unironically love 20 Fenchurch. I once walked along the Thames with my mates at 3am and it emerged out of the fog looking cyberpunk as fuck, amazing

he's completely correct
not a massive fan of charles but i agree with him on virtually everything when it comes to architecture
poundbury was his pet project and it looks great

the world wars were the end of the western world

poundbury still has a tinge of Barratt estates

isn't laid out correctly, road patterns too modern, etc

>WW2 was a mistake
No shit.

>the world wars
world war I to be specific

it mightn't be perfect but it's at least a logical progression. it's laid out in a way to encourage cycling and walking if i recall.
brutalism and disgusting skyscrapers are just completely incongruous and destroy any logical aesthetic our country might wish to keep.

I like it, then again most American cities look like shit but whatever. I think the building just needs nice shit around it like trees, a garden, a courtyard, maybe even a mural.

I'll take it over modern """architecture"""

>cyberpunk as fuck

how is building fake pastiche architecture a logical progression

definitely

Ah yes, pre-WW architecture was much better, hold on let me just nitpick some city center and pretend that's how the whole country looked like.

brown hands

Actually, shit started going wrong since Robesp*erre

rasheed

>pastiche
Nice buzzword to disparage what you don't like, while muh skyscrapers and muh deconstructivism produce the same bland, unappropriate shit everywhere in the world

don't like glass skyscrapers lad but most modern classical architecture looks like gaudy shite, poundbury being a perfect example of that.

That's one of the best buildings ever built you retarded faggot

How do we save London?