ITT: Things that genuinely bothered you as a Sup Forumsmrade about this movie

ITT: Things that genuinely bothered you as a Sup Forumsmrade about this movie.

Joker actually loves Harley back in a romantic fashion in this movie. Still a fucked up version of love, but not the usual 'favorite gun or pet' that you see in comics. Actual, full blown, kissy kissy goo goo I lurv you romance.

Waller putting herself in a position where Batman has power over her and she's there WILLINGLY. I mean, she might have some backup plan ready for a double cross, but at the moment it seems like she was straight up without options and crawling in front of the Bat.

I think those two are some of the biggest offenders as far as comic status quo go, what else bothered you as a pulp fan?

I really felt some of the scenes were pointless or near pointless. For instance, when Harley breaks into the shop window and starts stealing shit. The trailer leads you to believe it's part of a larger scene, but that's about 80% of the scene in the movie. Why set up an entire scene just to tell a half-assed joke? That's not even the only time that happened in the movie

Another thing I hated was Killer Croc's entire character. I don't think he had a single line of dialog that wasn't a joke, and all his jokes were 100% unfunny. Also his voice sounded like shit, like it was way too loud compared to everyone else.

Also everything involving the enchantress's world destruction plot. She wanted to build a machine because humans worship machines? But then at the end she says "my spell is complete" like two different people were writing the script and one wanted her to be doing a big spell and the other wanted it to be a big machine, but they never communicated with each other.

And jesus, the goddamn final battle took place in the middle of a thick fog? Are you fucking kidding me? Did they tell Ayer he wasn't allowed to use shaky cam, so he decided to find another way to make the action as obscure as possible?

>I haven't read comics
Great thread OP

Here's a (You)

Did they at least do Digger justice?

She looks okay in live action but in still images like this, she looks so old.

The main thing that bothers me about it is how you fucks keep making threads about it and refuse to go back to your stupid fucking live-action board.

He's basically a non-entity. A victim of editing.

Katana got it worse. Have empty box instead of Katana and nothing will change.

He throws only two boomerangs and is a dirtier more clownish version of his usual jackass self

>implying his Sup Forums personality isn't the best thing in comics.
don't know about the movie tho. Won't see it.

I actually thought the final battle in the dust was pretty cool, everyone was shrouded but you could still make out the glow of Enchantress' eyes.

Everytime the camera moved to Harley Quinn I just wanted it to move back. She wasn't in the comics and feels arbitrary and forced, just like how Captain Marvel would've been in Avengers 2.

>Killer Croc's entire character
well they nailed it if everything with him was like that.

You got that right. Literally shows up out of nowhere and does nothing.

Fuck you

It bothers me as a Sup Forumsmrade that there's so much paid shilling going on to try and distract from the fact that this film was a rousing success. The astroturfers must be feeling the back of Papa Mouse's hand as hard as they're trying to Correct The Record.

>Why did Katana join them in the bar?
>Why even pick Harley Quinn for Task Force X in the first place? She's just a chick.
>They never actually stated their mission. There's a throwaway line about "Retrieving the HTC" or whatever, but they never actually tell us what the fuck that means until they get there
>Why was Waller even in the city in the first place? She only stayed so that the Suicide Squad could come into the city and save her
>They really never took the wads of hundreds out of Boomerang's coat? And going off of that, they keep showing the stupid pink unicorn, but it never pays off. I figured when he got stabbed, that he was saved by the unicorn. But nope.
>Why was only one part of the subway flooded. How did it even flood in the first place? And wouldn't the tunnel the rest of them went into be flooded too?
>El Diablo burns Incubus from the inside with the literal fires of hell and he's fine, but a small bomb going off below him through two feet of concrete fucking obliterates him?
>The Joker was normal in Harley's fantasy. It's not even funny how much they fucked up her character
>The guard from the beginning hands Harley a bright purple, reflective phone in front of dozens of soldiers and other guards, and announces that he's working for "Joker"
>Whoever the hell approved anything Jared Leto did needs to be shot, and then fired

but he was a nigger

>>They really never took the wads of hundreds out of Boomerang's coat? And going off of that, they keep showing the stupid pink unicorn, but it never pays off. I figured when he got stabbed, that he was saved by the unicorn. But nope.

holy shit what the goddamn fuck were they thinking. and he didn't even get a pink unicorn dream or anything at the end when Enchantress is making them hallucinate.

>She's just a chick.

I hated that, Harley has low tier super powers. She was enchanced by both the chemicals and Ivy. But they always forget about that.

not everything then.

>low tier super powers

you mean zero

>People actually clapped when Harley was getting dressed
We need to bring back selective genocides.

I was waiting for Boomerang's fantasy. It would have been a good spot for a punchline. But, again, they just gave up.

>But they always forget about that.
>always

Bitch that just happened like 5 years ago, let's not pretend 'SHE ALWAYS BEEN STRONG".

>People would willingly go to an establishment owned by the Joker where you can die for no reason any time

She's been in the Suicide Squad for like 5 years in the comics though, and Ayer said he looked to those for some inspiration, along with the classic comics

>joker loving Harley
I think they're going to reveal his abuse later. He left her to drown, remember?

Also mine:
- Joker's teeth. Teeth alone ruined him for me
- Waller being badass the whole movie but surviving being caught by luck/plot armor rather than by her own power
- Diablo ex machina
- Croc getting too little attention
- Katana shoved in, given no depth
- black guy and diablo die AND NO ONE CARES
- boring zombie rock enemies
- how disorganized the movie was after the backstory scenes
- weak B movie dialogue in a lot of places

Everything else was actually alright to me. Worth seeing

I felt like it was pretty clear that there was a LOT of editing that went on after David Ayer made his original cut. A lot of scenes feel shortened and the characters at times seem to jump around.

One thing about Enchantress that I didn't get was why was she belly dancing the whole time after her transformation into her "goddess" form. Like she's talking to Waller or the Squad and she's just grooving literally the inter time. It kind of cut the tension from those scenes, imo. Funny as shit tho.

Also, Harley was hotter than I thought she'd be.

The best part of that was how painfully awkward it was. Common clearly wasn't into it, and Leto was clearly trying to get off on this forced (sigh) cuck fantasy. And then he just shoots him for no reason. If he was at least going for her, then it would have almost made some kind of sense

And nearly 100% of the recent Squad comics are bad. Seeley's was standard, Glass' terrible, and Kindt's boring.

Not to mention her terrible lip-syncing.

>that spoiler

weird af but she was supposed to be an interdimensional ancient being so I just rolled with it

The pink unicorn thing was just a joke because in his character intro, in the bottom right of the screen, it says "Fetishes: Pink Unicorns"

So when he takes the toy and keeps it, it's supposed to be a joke because "haha, that's his fetish!"

Basically, anybody who couldn't be bothered to read missed out on the joke.

It only shows up one more time when it falls out his pocket during a fight scene, where he goes to pick it up, showing that his priorities are obscured for his fetish toy thingy.

It was a meh joke, but it wasn't supposed to be anything else.

This dream idea though was a great idea and I wish they did that.

>that there's so much paid shilling going on to try and distract from the fact that this film was a rousing success.
Said the paid shill.

I read it.
Didn't make it funny.

Stop trolling with this bullshit. It's getting old. Transformers is a success. That doesn't mean every Transformer fan likes the movies or don't see flaws in it.

>The pink unicorn thing was just a joke because in his character intro, in the bottom right of the screen, it says "Fetishes: Pink Unicorns"
>So when he takes the toy and keeps it, it's supposed to be a joke because "haha, that's his fetish!"
>Basically, anybody who couldn't be bothered to read missed out on the joke.

Literally everyone who saw the movie got that. The thing is though, in a movie, when you focus on some seemingly meaningless object, it's supposed to be because it matters. Ever heard of Chekhov's gun? How pissed off would you be if it turned out the tank keychain in Ant-Man was just a keychain all along?

Except the movie ends with them embracing and kissing after he breaks her free. Still makes me wonder if there will be a Suicide Squad 2 without Joker/Harley.

Boomerang only throwing two boomerang's in the whole thing triggered me more than anything else. As did him coming back when he ran away for no reason.

>The Joker was normal in Harley's fantasy.
Wait, you mean he wasn't in costume and make-up? When I heard about the dream scene I assumed they were in full costume.

I agree with the Waller thing. She doesn't go to anyone for protection.

It was for self preservation, He knows that Bats would get both of them but if he leaves Harley, Bats will save her and he can flee to break her free afterwards. He was actively trying to find her after the crash

>Boomerang throws a what I can only assume is a "surveillance boomerang"
>He's framed in the bottom corner of the screen, so unless you were looking, you'd probably miss it
>He looks on his SAMSUNG phone, and magically slows it down and turns it, just by sliding his fingers across the screen.

Harley's dream is both of them with their skin unbleached raising two kids in a Leave it to Beaver-style home. You only see Joker from the back but his hair is black instead of green.

Comicfag in me is pleased because she belongs on muh Outsiders.
Why was she on Skwad, anyway? What waste of character and slot. We could get someone else killed because, you know, SUICIDE and all.

Naw he is normal. It's honestly creepier then if he was in costume. Seeing Joker as a suburban businessman is unnerving

Muh little enhanced strength and immunity to toxins or somesuch.

>I think they're going to reveal his abuse later.
I doubt it. the Harley/Joker relationship is proving to be extremely popular, so it'd be a bad move marketing wise to remove or desecrate it. But I don't think anyone's ever accused WB of being smart, so eh.

Nope. He was full on, regular Jared Leto. You get a full second of his face.

>"Consider yourself under my protection"
How the fuck is Bats going to protect her? And who was Waller even afraid of in the first place?

I hate the mutual love between Joker and Harley. Theyre slowly catering the shipperfags and soon Harley will no longer be a cautionary example. But then again Harley hasnt been herself in some time

>And who was Waller even afraid of in the first place?

probably those military general pentagon guys, who were already skeptical of her plan, finding out that the entire thing was caused by her losing control of Enchantress.

Ive finally met a person who NEVER heard of anything about Harley and they loved the movie. I wonder if that's cause they have nothing to compare her to. I forget there are people out there that have zero interest in cartoons and comics. ..weird.

They actually removed all the scenes that show that the relationship is actually abusive.

>How the fuck is Bats going to protect her?
Money, probably. Though again I doubt Bruce has as many connections as she does.

They literally sells shirts and bracelets and shit glorifying their relationship. I swear to god, "Relationship Goals", shit.

Bleh. I think it's far more in line with Harley, at least the iterations I'm familiar with, to dream of them as completely in make-up (and maybe costume) living a sort of bizarre not-quite-normal suburban life.

Them being totally normal doesn't seem right for Harley.

Alright, I'll give my points. Besides the editing issues that normally I never notice but here were fucking obvious

-There are something like 8 pop songs in a row in the first hour. Like what the actual fuck? The only one that felt fitting was Eminem. Seriously, playing Fortunate Son for Killer Croc? Really?

-Boomerang was the one I was looking forward to the most. He had the right personality and mindset but had no screentime. The scene where he runs out of the bar when he says they're free was perfect but he comes back because they real nakamas now and shit. Also he only threw ONLY TWO FUCKING BOOMERANGS! WHAT THE FUCK?

-It's funny how I thought Leto would be the worst part of the movie but if he had any crime it was being portrayed as too low-key for the Joker. He didn't do anything notably crazy. The worst was his weird cucking thing. It's pretty damn obvious his scenes got cut too

-And on that same subject, Harley wasn't even that bad but she was so unimportant to anything, you could take her and Joker out and nothing changes

-Katana is a non-factor. Like she is a tree with a sword. We don't even get to see her do any soul stealing, come on man

-My biggest trigger was Enchantress as the last boss. Everything about her was a damn joke. She doesn't make any machine at all, just some lightning that destroys things (and for some reason doesn't use it on the Skwad), she goes back into her dirty form for some reason for an impossible to see sword fight, doesn't use any of her powers until she decides "Oh wait I can take all your weaoibs, boop, no weapons" and spends the entire movie just monologuing. It really sucks because before she went into full god mode, she was pretty great.

Also not seeing the entire Skwad's fantasy sucked balls. Like it was pretty obvious the film had character priorities.

He came back because he is Boomerang.

>totally normal

it wasn't normal, it was super exaggerated 50s sitcom "normal"

Yeah because god forbid the Joker be a bad guy, let alone do something horrible to a woman. I swear to god this cancer is just the beginning. Way to ruin a character dynamic WB

>You only see Joker from the back
Actually you do see his face. It's the only reason I was sure it was Leto.

No, they deleted the more racist and sexist scenes and now you're gonna have to buy the blu ray to see them
>Pink Unicorn fetish
>Doesn't actually go anywhere with this joke

you see like 1/8th of his face for half a second; 99% of that scene is the back of his head

Actual line in the movie.

I feel like that was supposed to be a reference to the thing you can do in the Arkham games with the RC Batarang but forgot that time slowing down in video game makes sense and treating it like a camera in real life doesn't.

Good on you WB

>You don't have the balls
That doesn't sound like something a 6000 year old witch would say

I love this fucking dude.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

Anyone else feel that the dinner scene introducing the squad dragged on way too fucking long? It felt really clunky as though they couldnt think of a good way to explain these characters and wanted to get the plot over with. Wouldnt it be better to, I dont know, show everyone getting caught first, THEN have Waller pitch the idea for Task Force X? The flashback shit got old. Also at least try and make it seem like Slipknot survives more than 30secs for christ sake

My audience laughed way too loudly at that.

didn't she just learn English after getting her heart back or something?

Whoever made those edits was a genius with their fingers on the pulse of modern movie-goers. Certainly not a fan of the source material, but a genius none the less.

>when Harley breaks into the shop window and starts stealing shit. The trailer leads you to believe it's part of a larger scene
wat? i thought it was pretty clear it would be a one off joke. what larger scene could center around Harley stealing a purse from a shop window in a warzone?

I swear that joke was going to pay off when he got stabbed. But instead it was a stack of cash? Where the fuck did he grab that?

The entire scene is literally copy/pasted from the trailer. Watch that one part, and you've seen the complete scene.

Yeah, I wish they marketed and developed Slipknot as an actual member. I know they probably didn't want to waste time on him, but the shock factor was non-existant, and he was the only real death in the movie.

You know what? That's fucking creepy.

>"You do that white people thing"
WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT EVEN MEAN

>what larger scene could center around Harley stealing a purse from a shop window in a warzone?

You're looking at this completely backwards m8. The scene shouldn't have centered on that joke at all. It would make sense if there was a larger, plot-forwarding scene there that involved them walking through town, with maybe some dialog or something, and then at the end of the scene she breaks the glass. Instead,we got a 20-second long scene that ONLY exists so we can see her break the glass. You don't make an entire new scene just to do a quick joke like that. It contributed to the disjointed feel of the whole movie.

What is this from? The expressions on their faces are too perfect.

Might have been in his coat from when Flash grabbed him, or a cut scene since this movie was clearly on the block.

pretty obvious m8, even if his daughter fails out of college she gets a degree anyway

Where you ignore their transgressions and reward them anyway.

That sounds more like a black people thing.

That's too smart for their audience. I swear people only laughed because a black guy said White People.

well I was in the audience and I got it

Yeah but they would have confiscated that when arrested, not leave with his other belongings. I really think that was from a cut scene similar to Harley stealing that purse

Ivy gave her a serum that made her toxin immune and enhanced her physical abilities.

I didn't like the modernization of any of the characters. It felt like one giant hot topic commercial. I hated the Joker/Harlee romance, I hated softy deadshot, I hated that everyone else was there for looks, and I didn't like the dirty homeless woman enchantress.

The script wasn't terrible. The plot wasn't bad. But what ruined it for me was the "lel so edgy" mid 2000s feel of the entire thing. Who thought that was a good idea?

Congratulations. You're smarted than the average moviegoer.

Using reboot Suicide Squad makes the whole thing more understandable.

The movie group is nothing like preboot Suicide Squad.

New Suicide gave us Punisher-Deadshot, who's just a guy who wanted revenge on criminals for murdering his family as a kid.

Which I kind of hate.

>The script wasn't terrible

>I hated softy deadshot
Deadshot has always been a softy in a strange way. Like that ongoing subplot in the original suicide squad comics about how he doesn't actually want to kill Batman for some reason.

But on the other hand him not killing Harley to be with his daughter seemed out of character.

>Bruce

>compromising with a monster over a situation she herself made

Reboot Deadshot is a softy. Old Deadshot is not.

I honestly felt that this was a better Suicide Squad movie.

Despite BvS Batman being great, Suicide Squad Batman was terrible. Though the scene with him chasing Harley and Joker was pretty good.

Wasn't this pretty much the first JLD story arc with a Suicide Squad substitution?

He stole that origin from Deadshot Will. He's rich kid who killed his brother.