Why are company wars a thing, here?

Why are company wars a thing, here?

Bashing DC doesn't raise Marvel's success rate.

Bashing Marvel doesn't raise DC's success rate.

The vast majority of casuals pull from both companies. Seeing a DC film doesn't prevent me from seeing a Marvel film, and vice-versa.

You should ask the companies. It's people on that end who are pushing the competition angle, the readers just absorb it.

>Why are company wars a thing, here?
Because it's a fan thing.

I want both companies to do well, because a high tide raises all boats.

That being said, it's a touchier thing in film. A bad cape film hurts the entire cape film genre. This is all a very precarious thing.

Wrong pic.

This one is more appropriate.

Humanity has been for thousands of years had 'us = good; them = bad'

So it's only natural to talk shit about 'them.'

trolling
pedantic manchildren
intrinsic senseless tribalism

>Implying it's only a thing here

Check facebook, twitter, maybe even the dreaded reddit and tumblr.

It's a thing everywhere. Normies caught on to it. Now there's no escape.

Doesn't help that people involved in both sides keep feeding into it. Snyder is pretty much entirely responsible for the subset of people that subscribe to the "DC is kino" mentality.

Ask David Ayer.

The MCU movies created a bunch of people that blindly hated DC and this caused DC fans to have to defend themselves, which turned into blind hatred for Marvel.

The Mouse is great at brain washing.

It was nice of DS's director to defend him.

How dare they entertain someone.

>>Sup Forums

It wasn't about that at all. They were terrified of DC right out of the gate with the Nolan films and Marvel as a company has always lashed out at DC cause they know they are second fiddle. Disney made sure to incorporate this mentality into their directors and actors so that they could turn people against DC before they could even get anything off the ground.

Marvel has always came at DC throughout history because DC is the objective better company and created capes.

But different opinions don't mean shit OP. There is a correct opinion and a bad one. Obviously I need to be correct, and for that I need to say that company B is way inferior to company A, otherwise it could mean that I have badt taste and that I am wrong!

There was always some background noise but it started building up around '10 or '12 I think, after superhero media got more popular in the mainstream through the games, movies and so on.
In came the newfags and crossboarders to recycle the same circular My Guy vs Your Guy power level arguments they've had since the sandbox instead of actually talking about the characters or stories.

Don't get me wrong. I don't fault them for not holding philosophical discussions about my precious capes tales, oh no ye of little comprehension, the issue is how instead they choose to manually lowbow their perception whenever they talk of anything they don't know. Sort of person who likes Tony Montana because he shot up a bunch of people at the end with a machine gun, and not because of the development of his personality degrading to that extreme as a result of the moral quandaries he faces over time.

It's like someone who derives the value of minerals from comparative weight to another, instead of looking into the actual intrinsic value.
You don't have to be a mineralogist expert or metal worker, but if you are going to start talking about what's what it might not be sensible to start off how
>No, this grey ore is heavier. This grey ore is bigger. This one is better than yours
while you're holding a big lump of lead ore and the other person holding silver.

No bias here, sir.

>They were terrified of DC right out of the gate with the Nolan films
Guy made 1 good movie. Who's terrified of that for a trilogy.
inb4
>S-sure thing Marvelfag

The vast majority of casuals pull from Marvel, with the exception of Batman and Harley Quinn.

[polite applause]

He's a better person than RDJ, guy trash talks DC all the time and even told them to fuck off and no one expected him to apologize and he hasn't.

I just want the two companies to make crossovers like they used to. Hell, maybe a whole series.

Could you imagine a joint company comic book series where both worlds shared the same universe?

I don't have ANY reviewers I respect, so this guys point is invalid.
Honestly, who even has respect for anything nowadays?

It's not about the side I like winning. It's about people who support the side that I hate, supporting mediocrity and SJW pandering.

How sad that it's come to the point I can no longer realize which side you're referring to.
Just kidding, I know perfectly well who you're talking about

>manchildren

Hey now, women can be just as petty and infantile as men are when it comes to favorite brands.

Like fucking everything these days film critics have formed into yet another circlejerk hivemind, with the exception of a handful of contrarian dipshits who go against the grain for the sake of it.

As soon as the first negative review came out and started ranting about inane crap that has nothing to do with the movie, I knew that ten thousand reviews exactly like that were to follow.

simple. Marvel interns

Why does Sup Forums have its shitty console wars?

A team book consisting of spider-man superman batman wonder woman captain america/iron man and cyclops/wolverine

they sure do buy a lot of marvel movie tickets then

hey guys have you noticed the amount of threads on Sup Forums Sup Forums and Sup Forums that all seem to talk about disney shit?

hey guys are you aware that reverse psychology and the "i'll prove you wrong" mindset is an effective tactic for getting hype for a movie? read: anti-PR

hey guys you know that marvel wants to be the only place you go to for capeshit?

Seeing alot of threads bashing marvel movies that aren't owned by the studio?

You know disney is trying to steal talent from the other studios?

Just thought you'd like to know.

This. RDJ is a huge (metaphorically speaking) faggot and shittalks DC constantly.

But one person says a mean word about based Disney? String 'em up from the closest tree!

>Guy made 1 good movie. Who's terrified of that for a trilogy.

I already know where this is going.

>I point out how they reviewed well and were successfull
>you say reviews don't matter
>I point to Suicide Squad making bank
>you say reviews do matter

we will he here all day

I haven't seen anybody say anything positive about Marvel here ever. Everybody agrees that movies are the only thing close to decent Marvel does, and those are subjective.

The nicest thing anyone can ever say about marvel is to insist that DC is just as bad as they are

>bash DC for mediocre films and being too try-hard and reactionary in the process of making said films
>also literally throwing Nu52 Superman of all characters under the bus, what the fuck, man, he's your flagship hero

>bash Marvel for their films being too formulaic, and pretty much everything happening with their comics

I'm just criticizing things here because being this vocally intense about your dislike of things in the real world makes you sound obnoxious. Saying shit here is equivalent to screaming into the void, but with an audience and no real long term repercussions.

>Why are company wars a thing, here?
The same reason people have literal Consol Wars; or PC vs Mac; or Rock vs Rap; or ...

Off-topic but I'd be accused of creating company wars if I made this its own thread.

Has Marvel always been seen as the "cooler" company by non-comics readers?

Honestly. I like both.

For most of its existence, yes.

For a long time, DC Comics were considered comics that your dad would read while he was getting his hair cut.

Kids that grew up on Teen Titans became the adults that read New Teen Titans, kids that grew up on early Marvel became the adults that read Kirby's Fourth World and so on and so forth. Marvel prided (and advertised) itself as being the hip company kids, teenagers and young adults read whereas Superman was generally considered to be the same old Superman your parents read when they were kids.

Retards, user.
Seeing the DCucks crying for a movie and getting buttblasterd over WB economy is funny tho.
the truth is that both companies are seeling fast food, but WB is trying to convince you that you are eating caviar.

This is one trick to identify Sup Forums users on this board.

Only Sup Forums loves one and hates the other, people who read comics stopped caring about company wars long time ago.

That being said right now DC has better ongoings but worse movies, but that's because there are few worse directors than Snyder