Just saw this. Why did the critics hate it again? It had a great cast, amazing visuals, fast pacing...

Just saw this. Why did the critics hate it again? It had a great cast, amazing visuals, fast pacing, an awesome soundtrack, a finely balanced tone between light-heartedness and seriousness, and a journey for the protagonist to experience. How come Fast and Furious 8 gets a pass from critics and audiences for its lack of substance and flavourless action, yet this movie gets panned for its lack of substance but a maelstrom of action, style and thrills-galore which fill you with ecstasy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yGnfFW-vyzU
youtube.com/watch?v=Mt8Dt9rXl3I
youtu.be/e2LLS33eQvk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no cars in King Arthur

>great cast

sure thing

it was a fine prodigal son film. I think it was trying to go in the realm of Boorman's Excalibur, just the fantasy part felt a bit too disneyland in my opinion.

>its a WB shill making another WB shill thread wondering why another terrible WB movie did terribly episode

Go to bed MCUck. Homeflopping did a good number on you.

They forgot to sign the checks that Disney manages to sign for every capeshit of the month.
k

youtube.com/watch?v=yGnfFW-vyzU

Guy Ritchie's style doesn't work well for medieval fantasy. Also, whoever thought it was a good idea to make a King Arthur movie without Merlin, Guinevere or Lancelot was fucking retarded.

true, true... but he made it work

his style was what made this decent

>Why did the critics hate it again?
they hate what their told them to

>Why did the critics hate it again?

Too many white people. Not enough diversity hires.

This movie was criminally underrated.

>great cast
Yeah David Beckham really elevated the material
>amazing visuals
do you mean it was a poorly looking CGI Fest? Because it was that
>fast pacing
you're right, it did feel rushed, and audiences didn't get to really know any of the characters besides Jude Law
>an awesome soundtrack
meh
>a finely balanced tone between light-heartedness and seriousness
name 3(three) moments of light-heartedness. The Movie was overly serious and boring, full of characters I didn't know enough about to care about. The cast was mediocre (Hounsou, Law) to bad (Hunnam, Beckham). Ritchie seems to forget what made things like Sherlock Holmes watchable. 3/10 would not recommend.

Studio wanted to make a 6(six!) picture franchise and include them in the subsequent sequels. Forgot to make sure anybody would care

You seem to be overly hung up on the Beckham cameo which, while I agree he didn't need to be there at all, wasn't explicit enough to bear a burden on the movie's overall quality.

>name 3(three) moments of light-heartedness.

1. The beginning where Arthur is explaining to the guard about the altercation with the Vikings
2. When Arthur is talking to the black guy about his plan to try and get support from the other families
3. Most of CIA's lines

WE

Perfectly fine, since this movie clearly isn't a documentary or presenting itself to be based on actual history.

I don't understand it, either. I loved this movie. Everything about it.

absolute kino

What Xbox 360 game is this?

For some reason critics dislike Ritchie. Simple as that.

This shit's just so fucking good. I can't stop smiling just watching it with no sound.

>dat kneel at the end

Cry about CGI all you want, but this scene was kino

it would be brilliant if it were possible to filter critics by country
Im positive RocknRolla was getting rave reviews in England

Thank you for your unbiased opinion but I will keep watching Excalibur until we get an Arthurian movie with a little bit more passion

youtube.com/watch?v=Mt8Dt9rXl3I

This. A big part of what defines Arthurian legend is the people he surrounded himself with.

>not a million cuts
its pretty good desu, couple it with the music and ita kino

Watched in the theater, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Me too. I liked the way the chase scene was shot from overhead. It's always refreshing to see 3D used in a way that's actually creative.

Don't know about ya'll but this song + scene was godlike, right at the start, it shows his childhood.

youtu.be/e2LLS33eQvk

My personal favourite is the giant snake scene with wild berry playing over it

fuck me that song made that scene 10 times better then it had any right to be.

It worked damn good in the "Run Londinium" scene, too. I still can't believe I didn't hate the gopro shots. It shouldn't have worked, but it somehow did. It gave the whole scene a frantic, claustrophobic atmosphere.

The witch was Guinevere I think.

Ritchie is a kino director

I think so, too. If by some miracle we get a sequel, I think we find that out.

This may sound crazy, but I sort of want this story and characters incorporated into the DCEU. The way they're handling magic, mages, the Darklands, the creepy magic-using mer-sqids, even the way that Arthur feels more like a proto-superhero, it all could fit comfortably in the past of DC's Earth.

Merlin, Jason Blood, and Etrigan could show up and I wouldn't even bat an eye.

its poetry

Ritchies kino is ALWAYS about the small guy, the lower class, its no surprise his biggest critics are upper class posh noble snobs

i loved that movie and fuck critics.

Dude he better watch out for blowback now.

>Xbox 360
>having any game but forzas and halos

lmao pleb