Why there aren't more comics like Matt Fraction's Hawkeye?

Why there aren't more comics like Matt Fraction's Hawkeye?

Because Marvel got wise and threw him out.

There's Hellcat and Squirrel Girl, which will satisfy your shit taste.

BecUse its hard to cram 2 issues worth of story into 20+ issues.

Because it went over time and over budget.

We're just not quirky enough to appreciate it, op.

The only think in common with those books is that they're Marvel

There are many comics out there with good art and a boring story.

There are a lot of shitty comics out op

Sup Forums turned so hard on this series. I think it got worse over time, but the first 8 or 9 issues are fantastic.

>Aja art
>fresh and down to earth version of Clint
>neat story beats ("what an avenger does in his offtime")
>one and done issues

Because artsy bullshit sells jack shit

You are joking OP?
Every third book Marvel is putting our is blatantly trying to recapture Hawkguy's success.

This. After it gained some popularity Fraction went up his own ass and never came out, which is why the series went from pretty good to shit in the span of a few issues.

I liked the whole thing. And I'm pretty sure there're a lot of good comics very much like this Hawkeye. Even in Marvel itself.

But as expected, people in Sup Forums just hate everything in the end because thats cool, lol, kek, familia.

It's not cool to hate things just for fun. Not anymore. Stop fooling yourselves.

The Clown storyline is great when you binge-read it and the Pizza dog issue was alright, but if you don't like it because of the lack of word balloons, Bendis is more suited for your taste.

Fraction is trash, I've never enjoyed anything he's written, and this was no different. It's saving graces were the art and the fact that it's "different."

why he said that?

Mind if I steal those words?

>liking things because 4chang hates them
edgy as heck

Steal them! They're all yours my friend :^)

To give the fap fics source material.

thanks, lori

Because despite Fraction's occasionally cloying style, dude knows how to write a comic book.

And Aja is nigh-untouchable as far as working artists go.

Please expatiate on both of your claims.

At least use the F word, baka!

Trips of threes don't lie
First post best post

Are you implying that Marvel is WISE now?

Has Matt Fraction even done another comic like Hawkeye?

Sup Forums liked Fraction's Hawkeye back in the early days. The first few issues got storytimed constantly.

I assume it became popular on tumblr and that's why the reaction changed.

There's Jeff Lemire's Hawkeye. That's "like" Matt Fraction's Hawkeye.

Iron Fist. Where Clint and Danny are interchangeable dumb blond white males!

You mean badly written comics that go out of their way to destroy the characters involved making them overall worse than they were for a variety of reasons stemming mainly from the writer's own incompetence? Marvel has plenty of those books.

Well no. Hellcat, like Hawkguy, depicts the main character as a buffoonish and incompetent adult child.

Fraction's one of those writers who has some good ideas here and there and can write some interesting character interactions but as he writes it becomes apparent he has no idea what he's doing after the initial few issues and seemingly just makes shit up as he goes which leads to the quality dropping significantly and people getting bored/resentful.

He's basically Scott Lobdell, Jr.

You mean poorly written comics whose only strength is art, but Marvel keeps them around because they bring dem Eisners?

No. Lemire just wrote How To Shit On Clint Even More.

Is there any explanation as to why Lemire is on books he is clearly not interested in writing?

Like, for example: it's clear he liked to write Old Man Logan and he is having a ball with Moon Knight. But then there's Extraordinary X-men.

What are you talking about, there's been a fuckload of comics published by Marvel that tried the whole casual loser thing. The best one out of all those imitators is Superior Foes, since it takes the formula of Fraction's Hawkeye and actually executes and improves upon it really well

Was it thunder in a bottle?

I feel like Spencer is trying to re-create it with Ant-man, but it just doesn't werk.

I think it's just that it was a good partnership. He's not as good without Lieber.

How's the Fix?

Because good comics dont sell.
Look at scarlet spider.
LOOK AT IT.

I feel like it's pretty good but I don't know how much I like it? I'll probably get the trade.

It's not as good, looking back at it I think most of my enjoyment of Superior Foes came with it being in the marvel universe since it draws so much from it.

I'm enjoying it a lot, it's basically the Snatch to Superior Foes' Lock, Stock. It's written slightly more in a "please pick this up for a TV or movie deal" manner but is still entertaining and I'm still looking forward to where the story goes.

It's not that he's an incompetent adult child, it's that he's a depressed adult child. Showing the lack of drive to fix up his own fuck ups until he's forced at the very end, binge drinking and avoiding human contact (great portrayal of that drinking himself to sleep watching cowboy movies over and over again) is pretty explicit depression. I think that's where other "OH LOOK SUPERHUMANS ARE HUMANS TOO" books fuck up and get meme-y. It's not enough to be a dumb child like you say the Hellcat book does (haven't read it honestly.) Emotional peak of Hawkeye was unrelated to clown story and was all about his personal relationships, both romantic and otherwise, which was what Fraction tried to accomplish. And all that happened within the first ten issues or so too.

Lemire's is rough because he's trying to keep up with Fraction's personal-life deal while also trying to make it a cape book again and it's convoluted and uninteresting.

It's Sup Forums as a whole. When something gets popular and a lot of people start to acclaim it, then the cool bad boys of whatever the board is start to shit on it just for fun, more than what sould be usually (there-s always going the be people who really dislike or hate said popular thing). I've been here for years now, and not even /m/, my mother board, which is pretty chill, is safe.

It can't be helped, but still it annoys me. It's a silly attitude.

>It can't be helped, but still it annoys me. It's a silly attitude.
Wish it could. This entire site is contrarian to a fault, everyone is stuck up their own ass, trying to prove how unique and counter culture they are by shitting on anything even remotely popular. Its like folks are actually afraid to enjoy things out of fear of association with the wrong 'clique'.

Conversations are just more interesting when people are talking abotu what they like or why they didn't like something reasonably insteado of relentlessly shitting on things they don't for no good reason. Sup Forums's seemed a whole lot worse recently, like people are trying to compensate for the reasonable discussions that used to happen here. It's gotten boring. It's just people being grumpy and fighting. We should talk more.

Remember when it was about Clint and not THE BEST AND ONLY HAWKEYE EVER AKA KATE BISHOP? Neither does Marvel.

>It's not that he's an incompetent adult child, it's that he's a depressed adult child. Showing the lack of drive to fix up his own fuck ups until he's forced at the very end, binge drinking and avoiding human contact (great portrayal of that drinking himself to sleep watching cowboy movies over and over again) is pretty explicit depression. I think that's where other "OH LOOK SUPERHUMANS ARE HUMANS TOO" books fuck up and get meme-y. It's not enough to be a dumb child like you say the Hellcat book does (haven't read it honestly.) Emotional peak of Hawkeye was unrelated to clown story and was all about his personal relationships, both romantic and otherwise, which was what Fraction tried to accomplish. And all that happened within the first ten issues or so too.

I think you pretty much got the reason why I'm of two minds on this series. I liked it, but I also had to acknowledge that Hawkeye was out of character (even though arguably he was more closer to in-character here compared to Bendis' comics, which isn't saying much).

>and can write some interesting character interactions
Then why doesn't he?

>I assume it became popular on tumblr and that's why the reaction changed.
Or. hear me out, because tons of people told you that X is great, you read/watched it expecting something good and and it's fucking shit.
Hellboy is popular and no one shits on it.

Hawkeye doesn't have the same feel as this, Foes is much better for a fuckload of reasons.
I've been meaning to get around to The Fix hoping it'll be my fix. I've been so bummed out since this ended.

>THE BEST AND ONLY HAWKEYE EVER AKA KATE BISHOP?

What? She did everything wrong in her solo issues-

>liking popular things
>edgy

wew