Movies you love

They don't necessarily have to be great movies, just movies that you really care about

Other urls found in this thread:

icheckmovies.com/lists/capital m movies/wylkus/
youtube.com/watch?v=cNFvw-dUfuE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

into the wild
bridge to terabithia

I know people didn't like it, but I sure fucking did.

I don't like it because it depresses the shit out of me. Great movie I just don't like feeling that way.

Pacific Rim

Sorry about the blogpost but...

Three and half years ago, my ex left me. We said goodbye in a park on a winters day and I went home on the bus in a daze. I sat around all afternoon numb and just wanted to take my mind off things. I had recently downloaded Drive with the intention of watching it with her. So I thought fuck it, I'll finally see what this meme film is all about. I watched it and loved it, one of the best cult films of the 21st Century without doubt.

I will forever remember that film and THAT soundtrack as the soundtrack to the day that the love of my life walked away and I never saw her again. Feels...

It's my all-time favorite film. I watch it at least 2 times a year.

The tree of life

My favorite.

I watched Under Siege entirely because people kept saying it was "like Die Hard on a ship" and I love Die Hard. Holy hell did those people not understand what makes Die Hard great. Fucking baffling.

In Bruges. There is no film more important to me and I have probably seen it more times than is healthy, but it got me through a lot of shit.

I haven't seen Under Siege. Is it worth watching? Not a massive Seagal fan. Prefer Bruce or Arnie.

Love this movie

I love Finchers work

This is the pinnacle of revenge movies in my opinion. Nothing has come close.

Not if you're looking for something like Die Hard it's certainly not, if you want to laugh at a shitty B-movie it might. I can't fucking stand Seagal though, so it might have coloured my perception a bit. But basically at every point of the movie his character is a "badass", he's never once humanised like you get with Die Hard. He's just this vengeful god stalking a ship filled with terrorists, killing people with a martial arts style that for the life of me just looks like he's randomly slapping them while they lie down on their own. At one point he IS shot, but he's so bereft of acting talent that it makes no fucking difference. He makes Bruce Willis and Arnie look like Daniel Day-Lewis.

Fantastic film, I'm probably picking it up soon. Did you see the follow up? Green Room? I heard good things

Thanks. I'll give it a miss. I like Die Hard because McClane comes across as a regular guy caught up up in a sticky situation. Like you said.

Good film but not as good as blue ruin. Still a good watch. Sulnier really knows how to display tension.

Rambo 2008

12 Angry Men

Reservoir Dogs

Blazing Saddles

Monty Python and the holy grail

Airplane!

Sin City

This movie had such an impact on me I'm scared to watch it again.

The Neon Demon

Vanishing Point
The Place Beyond The Pines
The Terminator
Hardcore Henry

I unironically think this is Spielberg's masterpiece. 10/10 blockbuster and exquisitely shot

>ferry scene comes up
>expect the glorious Thunderchild to show up
>fucking nothing

The ending where Cruise points out to the military that they can shoot the thing down was fucking weak as well. Should have just had them witness the military realising it on their own, since it's their job. But Cruise always has to be the big hero.

Goodfellas, Terminator, Inglorious Basterds, Mean Streets, Primal Fear.

Excluding the days I'm working, I probably think about this movie atleast once a day.

Next Nakashima when?

first heard of this here on Sup Forums and now its one of my favorite movies

icheckmovies.com/lists/capital m movies/wylkus/

I have a lot of love to give.

Drop Dead Fred
The Burbs
Terminator 2
Batman Returns
Surf Ninjas
Striptease
Vegas Vacation

Mulholland Drive
Unbreakable
The French Connection
Batman v Superman
Unforgiven
Let the Right One In
The Bridge on the River Kwai
The Silence of the Lambs

>Unbreakable
>The French Connection
>Batman v Superman

I think the ending scene could have played out a bit better but it wasn't bad. I don't think a movie has made me feel so tense before, and I even teared up during certain scenes where characters did. Great film.

The first one was great too, but there's something about Dark Hero that makes me watch it again and again. I can probably recite the lines from any scene in the movie entirely from memory.

hahahahaha faggot

You are my nigga

Million Dollar Baby
La La Land
Moonlight
Anything by Woody Allen

Spring Breakers

One of the few movies I'd watch and then immediately play it again once it finishes. Also just skip around to favorite scenes, really love the cinematography and authenticity.

Mud

nothing I've ever seen makes me feel as free and like a kid as Mud does

A.I. Artificial Intelligence

The Man from Earth.

Not even kidding.

Maaaaan... I fucking love this movie, I know a few people who hate it and I just don't understand. Its comfy as hell and has a whole lot of heart. I wish Mos Def would take on more roles, hes great in everything I've seen him in.

But to sum up, my top 10:
>The Straight Story
>Django Unchained
>Jeremiah Johnson
>Speed Racer
>Rolling Thunder
>Adaptation
>Lawrence of Arabia
>Conan the Barbarian
>Starship Troopers
>Step Brothers

I loved him as Ford. I loved the Hitchhikers Guide movie in general man, it gets such a bad rap. I maintain that it's fatal flaw is having one of the worst scores I've ever heard. Some decent music and it'd be at least a cult classic.

Tombstone

Blazing Saddles

Yeah, I enjoyed Hitchhiker's Guide, as well. I think that movie was sort of ahead of it's time in some regards, I think the audience during the release just wasn't looking for what the movie offered, if that makes sense.

Law abiding citizen

The director's cut is incredible. Easily the 3rd best capeshit of all time, after Spiderman 1 & 2

Can someone else confirm?

The Thin Red Line by Terrence Malick

it unironically made me a Christian desu

I can confirm you haven't seen Blade.

I've always heard this but never bothered checking it out, having seen the original dvd cut. What makes it better, user?

Scary Movie 4 was better.

Speaking of which, Scary Movie 3 is the funniest movie of the 2000's. I watched it many times with my sister and still tune in whenever it's on TV.

Scary Movie 3 is great, I love the original 3, I think its hard not to having grown up during the time the film's came out

i always notice how they seem to make a strong effort to cut around seagal as much as possible in that movie unless he's doing action shit. probably improves the quality of the movie since that's arguably his best

It restores >30 minutes of cut content, including a courtroom subplot concerning a drug addict played by the rapper Coolio. The violence is uncensored and there's less emphasis on romance. This might not sound very compelling, but it really rounds out the pacing and makes the characters more compelling.

I'd highly recommend it.

I think I'll watch it tonight, user, thanks for the response

One of the most quotable movies of all time.

this is one of my favorite movies. cancer boy should've gotten a spin off

its spelled semen

not the greatest, but the scene where kyle and chucky try to play straight in front of a cop is comedy gold and jenny agutter is cute

That's some heavy stuff. It's interesting how the mind connects media with the experiences we were going through when we first view it.

One of the better Horror sequels.

I like the alternate ending that I always saw when USA would air it.

I need to try watching it again. I'm from the US and I could hardly make out what they were saying. Maybe there's a version with subtitles.

Just started watching it.

Gonna look this one up, thanks Anons.

I'm intrigued. Going to jail made my brother a Christian.

I love that poster

Weirdly enough my favourite FF movie, despite not being a weaboo and not liking the actor.

Tokyo Drift is far and away the best Fast and Furious.

heh, that was also the ending of the novelization (yes, i read the novelization of child's play 2). i always found it weird that they left a huge factory in the middle of chicago empty for 8 years

I just love it
How bleak,grim and dark everything in this fucking movie is
Also the highway to the hospital scene at the end

>(yes, i read the novelization of child's play 2)

That reminds me that I used to have a comic-book version of Hellraiser III -- the entire move in comic-book form. Bought it at UCSD, of all places.

Wish I hadn't lost it.

>Blair Witch Project
Had a horror marathon last halloween picking out important movies from Psycho to now. Since everyone's pissing themselves over shit tier found footage films I figured I'd watch the original one (yeah yeah cannibal holocaust) and for some reason it stuck out to me.

>Drive

>The Usual Suspects

>Reservoir Dogs

>Baby Driver
Are we allowed to like new movies here? I'm fairly convinced this one isn't flavour of the week, it's sticking with me for real.

>pacing
>liked baby driver
All adds up.

i had all the chucky comics from the 90s also a few fright nights and nightmare on elmstreets

There's tons of cheesy shit and plenty of hammy overacting but god damn do I love this movie

Shame they'll never make movies like this again now that they can just CGI entire armies

the room

no other film has the same atmosphere

this desu. too bad the sequel looks like ass

kys

I only saw it once so I don't remember it that well. I think it was okay, but I remember some of the scenes being pretty cringy. Like for example, that scene where Daredevil and Elektra were fighting in the park was pretty goofy. I don't think I saw the director's cut so I dunno if it improved the movie or not. I really liked the Tobey Maguire Spiderman movies, but I haven't watched that much other capeshit so I don't really know if there's any that are better DD.
>watched this movie with my mom at home
>Evanescence songs start playing
It came out in 2003 but still

I'm right there with you.

Watch song to song

That was a good movie even though they went with a shitty mass appeal cover.

agreed.

This movie hit me real hard. Almost started crying in the theater...I'm such a faggot.

I'm obsessed with the Drive soundtrack. Post other Drivekino artists.

its one of those movies that just makes you happy

Yeah it was so relatable for me, and really spelled out exactly what sort of change I needed in my life.

How to Train your Dragon or Princess and the frog for the soundtracks.
Paprika leaves off on a nice note for being inspired. Very positive.

I just read the plot. It sounds trite, in my opinion.

this is like Drive but better

HOW'S IT GOING TO END?

This movie right here. It always makes me think about running away and never come back.

youtube.com/watch?v=cNFvw-dUfuE