I know why she was in the movie, but what's the in universe explanation for Harley being on Task Force X?

I know why she was in the movie, but what's the in universe explanation for Harley being on Task Force X?

1. Joker doesn't live in Midway City.
2. As far as they knew, Joker had no way of knowing Harley was even in the Squad.
3. Complaining that Harley has no enhancements but ignoring that neither Deadshot nor Boomer have them either is hypocritical.
4. Harley is a talented gymnast, and, as she demonstrates in the movie over and over and over and over again, is a skilled hand-to-hand fighter and escape artist.

Why didn't they just have them infiltrate Arkham like that animated movie?

Makes sense for Harley to be there and would integrate everyone better by showcasing "enemy" villains.

She survived the murderous phase of Batman.

Why was Harley on the team in the comics?

Nu52 popularity.

to sell comics

She's an expert fighter like Katana.

More importantly what the fuck was Katana's motivation for being there? They never even bothered to give a half-assed explanation. Just "here's Katana, she has my back"

>Expert Fighter
I'm sorry but is there something in the water because this shit is starting to piss me off, batman, green arrow, question, and black canary expert fighters alright, Harley is unhinged at best I would say her lack of self regard and intent to kill is what gives her the edge, she gets the upper hand from people pulling their punches on her but "expert" cmon now

Because she knows Joker, therefore knows Gotham, therefore an expert-survivalist in this shitty city. Also useful pair of pretty tits to distract males, but I think it's too problematic advantage to use in comics.

She was supposed to trap souls and kick asses, but it seems like they failed to show her in a movie.

It doesnt mean shes strong user it just means she could kick his ass in hand to hand combat on pure skill(basically limb dexterity, grapple, holds and shit)

Its like saying you could beat Muy Thai fighter even if you can are stronger than them.

They should've just adapted Assault on Arkham while making it less shit

There was not much wrong with AoA, it just sort of fell flat to me. So yeah, spice it up a little and there you go.

I REALLY disliked it, but it's core idea is the perfect way to introduce the Squad

You're a dumbass
Ace chemical bath gave her super slut powers
Did you not see the movie
She went crazy and has almost no sense of pain also martial arts

I just had no extreme opinion about it. It was predictable but not offensive.

What about it did you hate?

Where'd she train and by who and for how long?

Who's ass?

She's a Niten-ryu swordmaster who also spent 6 years in the Army Rangers and single-handedly took down Double Osama bin Laden in SHE'S A FUCKING JUGGALETTE WHO'S POPULAR THAT'S WHY SHE'S THERE

God-tier plot armor

Waller picked her because "she's unpredictable".

She then proceeds to do nothing unpredictable for the entire movie.

There's no reason to adapt a fucking animated movie. There are tons and tons of great SS plots about them infiltrating something or saving the world in a much more subtle way.

The single big problem with the movie was the plot, it feels so stupid to build up this black ops team and then send them to fight Gozer the Gozerian. They easily could have adapted a plot from the comics where a foreign nation intends to spark a global war by using a WMD and blame it on a fake terrorist cell. The Squad would have saved the planet, but nobody would ever know. And it would make for much better action than fighting a giant demon with fucking machine guns and baseball bats.

I have a feeling something like that would interfere with their MUH FOREIGN MARKETS sales though, so they avoided it.

Didn't they also establish Boomerang having some thieving skills or was that the other guy?

>There's no reason to adapt a fucking animated movie.
Obviously there are better missions, but they wanted to have Harley and the Joker (to a lesser capacity), so the Arkham Asylum infiltration makes sense.

As little reason as there is to adapt an already existing movie, there's even less reason to make something even worse.

I'm not even having the audacity of asking them to just take one of the better comicbook stories they have, since it may be hard to translate to screen, but they already have a good premise to take at least SOME ideas or setting from. It's idiotic that they made it worse than an already bad movie.

Although, that seems to be the DCEU motto in general.

I will give you that doing Arkham means they get to cameo a shit ton of Batman villains.

They could make a more concise intro with just 3 or 4 members and have a break-out midway though the movie (that would make Batman busy in future movies) and have 2 or more join them, and a bunch more of them want to fight, just so you could have something more creative and interesting than another faceless army.

Shit, do the old "meet your match" trope and have a climax that's Croc vs. Killer Shark, Freeze vs. El Diablo, etc etc so it ends up in a fight against the joker that's more climatic and rewarding than fucking green Alex Mercer and his baby sister.