Why did grim slowly become more of an effeminate coward as the series progressed?

Why did grim slowly become more of an effeminate coward as the series progressed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yqUMbnaRrlE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

lazy writing.
Billy became more of a violent retard. Mandy became an unstoppable force.

Flanderization

this show would rise from a 6/10 to 9/10 without billy

post more Grim x Mandy

Flanderization

That's what happens when you hang around humans for too long.

This. Humans are the most effeminate species I've ever met, have you heard about how they have a "Geneva Contract", in order to make their wars more "humane"? I can't wait for Glorgriggs Day.

Agreed.
As you wish.

What happened to him must have completely devastated his ego I guess.

I liked Grim better when he was an annoyed force of nature bound by children's will. I didnt care much for him when he became a pussy and laughingstock of the underworld

Flanderization and I guess the idea as he stayed in the mortal realm he got more used to it and changed in personality as a result.

When it was revealed he was actually a white guy

As Mandy grew from just a really grumpy little girl to an all powerful force that can do what ever she wants whenever she wants, all the other characters where simplified into being either her dimwitted slaves or the current antagonist of the episode.

he became more domesticated

could be Asian
Jamaica oddly enough has a lots of Chinese
all the Jamaican restaurants here in South Florida are run by Chinese Jamaicans who even have the accent
its weird but you get use to it, because how damn good the food is

Being friends with two little kids did that to him

>Hurr durr we want another Invadir Zim

Fuck you, you tasteless fuck.

Kinda what happens when you spend an insane amount of kids who own you.

>that dialogue
I wasn't aware this was a cringe thread

>all of that

More grim x Mandy you say?

>when you spend an insane amount of kids

This was a mistake.

>Muh "war crimes"
>Not realizing the only crime in war is losing

kek

Actually, first 4-5 chapters are decent

I used to love bleed man as a kid. Loved all of snafu in general when I was in middle school. It was all so damn edgy, and more than half the comics on there went on permanent hiatus. I don't even know if anyone updates on there anymore besides bleedman.

>bleedfag

Because you read a garbage comic written by an insane pedophile to fulfill his own wishes of children's cartoon characters crossing over and being extremely edgy

Sauce on pic?

This. Without an outlet for his powers, he became softer.

Reverse Google Image Search leads to an archived Sup Forums thread that suggest it is a Tuna Empire doujin. However, a cursory scan of Sad Panda revealed nothing; your results may vary.

Manga Naze nani Kyoushitsu

Does Blo-old-man even do anything anymore?

The show basically turned into another Spongebob situation.

>Bleedman.

Sweet! Thanks!

>Re watch the series earlier this year
>The Degeneration of the Series becomes glaringly obvious

>Re watch the series earlier this year
>The Degeneration of the Series becomes glaringly obvious to the point I can't even stomach to watch the last season

he still updates snafu like twice per month.
it's all filler tho.
so yeah. he's ded

Actually, I thought Grim's personality change was more like character development than flanderization

>Mandy with thicc hips and ass
Fucking christ, I just jerked off...

>The show basically turned into another Spongebob situation.
I agree. The best seasons of the show were the first two, when it focused more on the dark and clever humor. After than, it progressively began to focus more on booger, fart, shit, etc. humor, the show lost the moody and dark feel it used to have, the characters became more one-dimensional, kinda forced pop culture references, etc.

And unlike the rest of Sup Forums, I hated Mandy as a kid. Don't see why this board waifus her, she's such a bland and utterly dislikable character.

>Mandy became an unstoppable force.

That's pretty much inevitable given her character.

spineless idiots

I thought I was going to have to call you a faggot, since at first I thought you were talking about Time Squad.
Good thing you don't have shit taste.

Watch Grim and Evil and Grim Adventures Season 1 again, OP. It was the practically the premise that Grim was becoming more influenced by suburban life now that he had to spend time with children in between reaping.

Also, rewatching the show makes you realize that the first season would've passed for a legitimate horror cartoon if the comedy portions were removed.

>japan beat america in a swimming event only 15 mins ago

wew

>As Mandy grew from just a really grumpy little girl to an all powerful force that can do what ever she wants whenever she wants, all the other characters where simplified into being either her dimwitted slaves or the current antagonist of the episode.
yeah season 1 Mandy is better, Billy and Grim it's a bit more arguable as some of their best moments are in the later seasons, as for Irwin, honestly I'd say he was overall a mistake to have as part of the series(same with Sperg and Puddin), only a couple of his episodes worked at all, and never because of him, his family always carried him in those episodes(although he was better in Underfist)

Billy/Mandy is the superior ship

bump

Not to mention the episodes became incredibly formulaic for a while. "Come on Grim, we gotta go save Billy" was said so many times they started repeatedly lampshading it.

and through all that... the flanderization, the awkwardness, the lack of direction, etc. the series was still moderately funny. Badly self-aware and at times very forced, but still funny. Why can't other cartoons fare this well later on?

jesus chirst,

that artist really went overboard with the "mandy has big feet" thing

Mandy is great you tastelss tard. And the show never got ti spongebob levels, if anything they should revive it at somepoint to bring some darkness back to cartoon network.

>Why did grim slowly become more of an effeminate coward as the series progressed?

That was shown during the pilot episode when he was doing tea parties.

I think that's more the perspective the artist used than anything

also I like that the artist drew her with some muscle, I always figured Mandy to lean that way as she gets older instead of super skinny or fat like a lot of people draw her

Why did Mandy keep Billy around? You'd think she'd grow tired of him.

They waifu her because they are a bunch of pathetic wimps and loser beta pedophiles.

Yeah, that always annoyed me. Part of the appeal in the first place was the fact that this all powerful force was tricked by two little brats. That's why the later seasons were weak.

Who else is dumb enough to put up with Mandy's shit?

What the fuck

This. It may have declined, but it never went off the deep end

SOMEONE POST MANDY DID 9/11

And Hungary blew both of them AND the world record out of the water.

This is honestly more or less what I think they'd grow up to be like. Mandy a chubby gothic kid, and Billy as your usual slovenly white trash American.

Fuck outta here you pathetic weak sex hating moralfag bitch.

bump

skull boy (possibly the most edgy comic on the site) updated recently i think?

Make me, you futa loving faggot.

Ill break your neck you homiphobic cuntbreathed bitch.

Yeah, i have heard faggots like you are pedophiles too. Fuck face.

I hope you are fucking ready, dipshit. I'm gonna kick your ass and beat you to death with my balls.

>Because Billy is the only living person who tolerates her and, even if she's a complete bitch, she still wants someone to be there for her, to boss around or just to keep her company.

>They keep each other in check. With out her monitoring him, Billy would become an avatar of chaos and utter destruction. Without him to occupy her time, she would have sooner claimed the planet as her own. He is the ustoppable force to her immovable object.

>They need to be toghether to not destroy the world, also in some twisted way Billy and Mandy are the only ones that really understand each other at the point that even if Mandy is the emperor of the world she wants Billy to make her company.

>He is the only creature that can actually love Mandy without being submissive to her, that why Mandy dosen't love Irwin he just kiss the floor where she walks, meanwhile Billy obeys Mandy but because he loves her and sometimes contradicts her.

Mandy can't control him. He is too stupid to be properly controlled.

Wow that genuinely makes him Mandys only friend. He is the anti-Mandy.

Erwin looks very willing.

They got a lot of complaints about that, from what I hear, which is why they upped the comedy starting in season 2.

>Erwin
it's spelled Irwin

This is almost accurate, except she's not 300 pounds overweight and on a scooter in the middle of Walmart, wearing the same outfit

IT SURE IS TVTROPES IN HERE

>That Grim
Holy fuck I'll watch the shit out of this.

>I hated Mandy as a kid.
You seriously don't know how glad I am that I found someone that felt the same way.

remember, always budget your kids wisely so you don't run out at a bad time

Billy and Many got better, not worse, during later scenes. As the series went on it did a great job of building a recurring cast of characters and gags which made up a pretty funny universe. Horror's Hand is a great example of it all coming together. There are numerous episodes that stand out because of the clever use of recurring characters such as Dracula and Jeff that probably wouldn't have recurred in most shows of this nature. The early episodes were dull and formulaic.

This. Billy and Mandy break people down. Just remember what Billy did to Eris.

How would one successfully waifu Mandy?

do you mean in terms of treating her as a waifu, or how to draw her as one?

In terms of not being Irwin and melting that icy-cold heart of her's, of course.

Do this but don't fuck up.
youtube.com/watch?v=yqUMbnaRrlE

man that's a hard one, I honestly can't think of a good solution there

This annoyed me quite abit has a Jamaican accent and is a white dude..WAT

>every Grim Adventures thread devolves into Bleedman and Mandy waifuing

Just don't be a fucking retard, that's it, having someone who isn't a slobering moron like all the people she knows should be enough.

I always thought he was pussywhpped by Mandy, and I guess Billy to some extent.

So the same evolution Cartman went under. He went from spoiled brat to Literally Hitler.

I think it really depends on what you like about the show

If you like the dark/black humor side of the show, the early seasons are definitely the way to go. I do agree that the Grim and Evil era are pretty formulaic, but I feel like the dark stuff really peaked after Wishbones. If you mostly just want comedy then yeah the later seasons are great for that

Personally I liked the dark shit and I liked the comedic shit up to a point. After Keeper of the Reaper I couldn't really handle the sense of humor (except for Greenblatt, Grenblatt episodes were always fantastic)

Certain characters were also way overused (like Billy's parents who appeared in way too many episodes while Mandy's barely featured in any) and I really disliked that they shat on certain characters (I really, really hated that they made Hoss and Nergal complete losers)

I do agree that Big Boogey Adventure was pretty good though. I like it because poke fun at the show's whole progression (with Grim being a wimp and his scythe being used as a plot point a lot by that point). They actually give some development to Mandy too. Underfist was also great as they actually balance Hoss being a loser and him also being a badass

>peaked at Wishbones
Not "peaked after"

it's basically bleedman the website now. i wonder if there's actually enough trafic for people to keep using it though? feels like one of those relics from the bygone flash era like newgrounds.

forgot pic

>bring back the darkness to CN
Don't be such a nostalgiafag, shows like SU are plenty dark without resorting to Billy and Mandy's "ohh it's death isn't that dark???" shtick

There are white people in Jamaica