I forgot how different in tone this movie was compared to Dark Knight and DKR

I forgot how different in tone this movie was compared to Dark Knight and DKR

It felt as if Nolan was actually trying to make a proper Batman movie

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kiY3FKZpF5s
youtube.com/watch?v=T1IFYrtd5vI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Batman Begins is by far the best Nolan Batman movie.

It's the only Nolan Batman movie. TDK and TDKR were both Bruce Wayne movies.

The first half feels like a trailer, none of the Nolan Bat movies are good, all boring shit that take itself too seriously, the action sequences are goddamed awful.

Nobody even quips

Pretty much. Gotham looked like Gotham as opposed to just Chicago. I really liked the Narrows, the Arkham bits Scarecrow. It was basically Batman: Year One. so yeah the best of the trilogy

>I forgot how different in tone this movie was compared to Dark Knight and DKR
The tone wasn't different at all.
The only difference is they gave Batman a little bit more menace & mysteriousness. Thats all.

Scarecrow is my husbando.

First post is best post and absolutely correct

>DKR
you said the magic word

The meme that simply refuses to die. It's actually kinda impressive.

Baneposting will live on in our hearts, even if we never dare admit it.

Alright Sup Forums MODS fucking seriously. Keep Sup Forums open in your fucking tab. I don't know if its just this autist or many but there are so many god damn threads that they start on both boards every fucking day that it's starting to get ridiculous.

I don't see that happening anytime soon.
The meme is still in a good shape after those years

Before we had a big guy
before we had "We burned the forest down"
We had this
youtube.com/watch?v=kiY3FKZpF5s

I thought TDK's meme was
WHUR UR DEY
WHUR'S DA TRIGGUR

I unironically never get tired of Bane posting.

First half was the best part. IT should've gone deeper into mobster tier villains and been a noir/detective film rather than supervillains.

WHERE'S THE TRIGGER was TDKR.

huh

guess he yells about the locations of things a lot

there was bankposting. that dub is still making me laugh. youtube.com/watch?v=T1IFYrtd5vI

Live action Sup Forums adaptations are allowed.
Cry harder faggot.

they shouldn't be

remove Sup Forums

Spergs somehow got attached to it.

Batman Begins: WHERE WERE THE OTHER DRUGS GOING
The Dark Knight: WHERE ARE THEY
The Dark Knight Rises: WHERE'S THE TRIGGER

It's like poetry, it rhymes.

You should make a new thread bitching about it

There are decent amount of quips tho

AH DON'T LE HEF TU SAVE U EATHER XDDD EDGY AS FUG LE CAPEKINO

Worlds Greatest Detective

Pretty much this. DK, Bats kind of just becomes a growly man in a cape, he doesn't even do detective work, just overclocks a supercomputer which upsets God a little.

Then the third movie had him just acting like an idiot.

TDK was a better movie, BB was the better Batman movie.

TDKR fell on its face. Bane beating up Bruce was well done though.

>he doesn't even do detective work

That's one of the most annoying aspects of Nolan's Batman to me.

And yeah, in the third movie, he's just a disgrace. A mopey, wishy washy, self destructive wreck who can't even fight well: he went from master ninja to "throw slow, highly telegraphed haymakers and hope for the best"

The whole first half of DKR is pretty solid, even if Catwoman was pointless and only added because they wanted a cheap setup for Bruce's life after Batman "dies". It could have done a bit better by having shown Bruce in the years between the second and third film, and how his presence was less and less necessary while also becoming more difficult with the taskeforce trying to arrest him for Dent's death.

After that, the whole second part was just a mess of nonsense. The prison was a neat idea, but obviously done as a cheap trick with regards to who the child was (not to mention undermining an iconic aspect of Bane's backstory that's been present in all forms before), and the final battle was pretty anticlimactic give how Bane is just one-shotted by the bike canon or whatever and Talia dies from a fucking fender bender or whatever.

You ok user?

I think he had a seizure.

Isn't that standard batman detective stuff at this point? Take evidence and scan shit into the batcomputer? At least he could've probably figured out who superman was with that facial recognition software he had.

Did they ever even explain why he got a bum leg? It's like someone read up on the Deacon Blackfire comic and just said "Hey, did you know Batman stopped for a while and kind of lost his edge? Let's put that in the movie!"

Or some magic trick from Nolan.

Just wear and tear from constant nocturnal crime fighting. A man couldn't maintain that kind of brutal physical activity for long without suffering for it.

Bats has always used mental intellect as well as gadgetry to aid him in finding solutions. Hell, the batcomputer was usually just reserved for checking records or synthesizing a McGuffin cure. Nolan Batman pretty much just plodded through things with little to no gumption.

Still, it could have been played up better, like being shown in a scene sometime prior to his "retirement". Then again, even the back breaking didn't seem as bad as it was in the comics where he really did feel broken in both body and mind.

Nolan Bats never showed signs of a particularly impressive intellect. He also didn't seem to have the same drive and iron will I expect from a Batman.

Eh, perhaps. I think they did well enough with the doctor explaining that he had no cartilage left in his knees. An understandable consequence of a year of engaging street criminals in hand-to-hand combat while dressed in full body armor.

I don't know, he seemed pretty clever at times in BB, then just kind of got dumb afterwards.

It certainly peaks at Bane breaking Batman and subsequently falls off a cliff, but the first half isn't all that amazing either. It's way too slow, Bruce apparently just gave up being Batman because, and Bane's plan feels nonsensical. It wasn't as awful as the second half, but it definitely could use some work.

Catwoman was great though - Anne Hathaway played her well, and she was one of the bright spots in an otherwise mediocre movie.

Oh, Nolanbats is one of the worse mainstream Batmen for sure

>Not amazing at Tech, doesn't invent any of his own gadgets
>Kills a villain every movie (although the other film Batmen kill too)
>Good at stealth, bad at fighting
>Doesn't run Wayne Enterprises particularly well, which his Batman-ing DIRECTLY depends on
>His plan to defeat Bane involves bumrushing with police and sending tens/hundreds of them to their death
>Doesn't even really defeat Bane
>Gives up after 1.5 years
>Gives up again to go enjoy life, doesn't even train his successor

Not to mention being an ass to Gordon and particularly Alfred by not even telling them he's alive.

That's what I said though, they could have played up Bruce's struggle as Batman and decision to retire.

As for Catwoman, she wasn't bad, but just kind of out of place, like she was meant to in a less intense plot than Gotham becoming hostage to a terrorist group.

Absolutely.

To be fair, they kind of got screwed over by Ledger's death. BB was about Batman starting out. TDK was Batman finally growing into being BATMAN and learning what the role entails. And then... TDKR is about the return of an old legend. You can't tell that story without first building him up to be a legend first, and neither BB or TDK had done that yet. Which is why TDKR feels totally out of place, as if the 8 years between were missing (which really, they were).

As for Catwoman, the funny thing about her is that even she knows she's out of place. She's in Gotham just to steal stuff and get rich, and accidentally gets caught up with this terrorist League of Shadows v Batman grudgefight. She just makes the best of a shitty situation (as Catwoman does)

Yea, I know Heath's death bunged up things. Though I really can't imagine why they'd bring Joker back again so quickly. He was great, but to have possibly returned in the immediate sequel just seems like an invitation to making people grow bored of the villain, which is kind of what happened for some with the Arkham games to a degree. Of course, the whole trilogy is pretty messy since from what I've understood, Nolan never really planned to go beyond the first movie, at least, not with him still involved.

This.

>TDK was a better movie
I don't see how.