>Made Groot stupid
>Turned Ronan into a nothing villian
>Mantis is not green
>Made Star Lord's father into Ego the Living Planet for the sake of a dick joke
>Rocket has no cockney accent

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1wMvv924Gks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Thank you based Gunn. Long may you get away with it.

Mantis wasn't green originally and Rocket only had cockney accent in some videogame or cartoon.

Meme response, OP

He also hates Nova and thinks the helmet is really fucking stupid, for the 3 Ryder fans out there. Gamora annoyed me more than anything else, she was just green black widow, and she turned into a quivering mess at the sound of people threatening her when she was in prison..

>old white male director
>Marvel

Of course he's going to be evil, what did you expect?

Rocket was already a fucking annoying randumb character, the accent would have been unbearable. I'm more disappointed about what they did to Big Hero Six.

He made this boring ass team of Z Listers entertaining, good job Based Gunn. Sorry all 12 of you cosmic Marvelfags, deal with it.

>I'm more disappointed about what they did to Big Hero Six.

How so? The original comics weren't that good.

Your saltiness makes me happy.

May you remains salty for ever.

Gogo is hot

>and she turned into a quivering mess at the sound of people threatening her when she was in prison..
Deadliest woman in galaxy, my ass.

I love how Alanso took that back.

It's not his fault for doing it different.

Blame The Bendis and Dogfucker for enforcing it like a meme.

>and she turned into a quivering mess at the sound of people threatening her when she was in prison..
Everyone was too weak on screen in GitG. Marvel realised it and that's why they hired the Winder Soldier choreography people.

When the fuck did Rocket ever have the accent outside of MvC3?

>Blaming Gunn for making a good movie when Bendis and his Dog-Fucking friend are the ones writing terrible fanfiction based on his stuff

Based, Gunn.
youtu.be/1wMvv924Gks

It's so off that I'm not really upset about their interpretation. It was just kind of a mess of atmosphere; it's kind of silly with dumpy baymax and chucklefuck stoner Fred, and then it's supposed to be tense with the death of whatshisname and the grimdark villain. It jumps all over the place so no actual tension or weight is maintained. The climatic fight scene was mind-numbing and the non-violent defeat of the villain felt ham-fisted.
Of course it's a kid's movie so killing him would have been distasteful, but they could have at least offed him similar to Up.

he's like one of the youngest, most non-industry directors ever employed by a major studio.

>Drax calling everyone to where they are
>can't even fight
toppest kek

>Made Star Lord's father into Ego the Living Planet for the sake of a dick joke

Do you seriously think that throwaway line is the sole reason why Ego is Star-Lord's father?

>she was just green black widow
which is funny. because Black Widow has had a different personality in every movie she's been in.

I actually liked GOTG and to date is my second favorite marvel movie. I like how unlike most of Marvel stuff it actually has it's own look to it. What i don't like however i how they nerfed all the characters compared to the comics. Drax jobs hard to Ronan for example. Isn't he supposed to be able to take on the likes of the fucking Hulk and Thanos himself?

Don't even get me started on Gamorra

Avengers EMH

>Drax jobs hard to Ronan for example.
Comics Ronan would've slapped comics Drax around just as much.

Normal Drax, yes, but this was clearly more in line with Drax when he had regenerated and was in a weaker state.

>Isn't he supposed to be able to take on the likes of the fucking Hulk and Thanos himself?
In a previous incarnation. When he had the power stone

It was hard to gauge Drax's power level in the movie because he either fought:

1)Mooks
2)Ronan

He pretty much slaughtered any mook and then got fucked up by Ronan so there's no way to figure out how strong he actually is.

Gamora was BS though, bitch is supposed to be crazy strong but she was nerfed to hell and back.

I kinda' liked Gamora being allowed more vulnerable moments.

And I don't mind her being shipped with Quill.

I was at a Q&A with Gunn and he told me, "There's the exit. You can get the fuck out."

Okay, to be honest I asked him that as a filmmaker if he ever worried about losing people with taking characters to disturbing places. He said that's what he'd say to those people.

Killing him would have clashed with the theme of the movie. The tone is no more inconsistent than any other Disney movie.

If it's of any consolation to you it looks like he won't do vol. 3, because when he was doing the first one he had a sequel in mind and had already signed up for a second one.

People have asked him about him doing vol. 3 and he just answers with a "not sure" or "I dunno" or "I might not"

Gunn is a very on point guy and suprisingly very picky about his work so if he doesn’t think he has a good idea for GotG vol. 3 he will just bow out.

Gamora os suppose to be on par with Ronan in the comics, she almost kills him too.

But she got nerfed badly by Bendis and the writers that followed after.

In the movie too, at least have the other inmates be afraid of her she's Thanos' daughter for Pete's sake.

>He made this boring ass team of Z Listers entertaining
bendisfag/10

MAYBE with the hammer, but if Drax could keep him from using it, he'd get owned HARD.

He's always supposed to take on Thanos, but not Hulk necessarily.

Whoa, no no no, Bendis took the entertainment factor that Gunn gave us and ran that shit into the fucking ground "Blam, murdered you" isn't in any way shape or form good, for anyone, even Bendis.

only injustice, GotG movie is good but ruined the comics and i blame it on bendis more

plus Ego being Peter's dad is cooler then the nobody we got

Do these people not understand there are no Raccoons in the British Isles? Or skunks for that matter. And there never were.
Fuck you, 101 Dalmations movie.

nigga chill out

He was drunk at the time, but yea, such a waste of a killer moment with him facing the ships in the trailers.

Allowing Gamora to be more vulnerable isn't an entirely bad thing, but she should've held herself in better composure among the inmates, THEN showed a softer side when she was put in her cell.

>she turned into a quivering mess at the sound of people threatening her when she was in prison..

This shit pissed me off the most. Biggest misscast and characterization in the movie.

It'd be cool if we could get a Russo on GotG Vol.3

The choreography in the first movie was fucking painful. Gunn is many great and wonderful things, an action director is apparently not one of them.

>Everything I know about these characters I got from the DnA run.

Not really that far off for old school Gamora. But they were acting like she really was the most dangerous woman of the galaxy so she should be in that portion of her character "arc" or whatever so it's a valid criticism.

Marvel Heroes

>implying there's anything worth reading from Marvel that isn't by DnA

Can't wait for the sequel!

B-but he's based Disney™! So he can do no wrong!

>for Pete's sake

He started his career at FUCKING Troma.

Oh look, another turd flung from the Sup Forums cesspool. You can take your shitposting and fuck right back off.

>tfw i was one of the nine people who saw Slither in theatres

I was barely able to breathe, i was laughing so hard.

>No prussian helmet and uniform

Dropped again.

Everytime a nerd cries, Marvel get another million dollars. So please, keep doing it.

I love the idea of Ego being Peter's dad.

>Fred

Easily worst part of the movie, he could have been cut out entirely.

ZARDOZ YOUR GOD GAVE YOU THE GIFT OF THE GUNN.

THE GUNN IS GOOD.

>Made Groot stupid
Was Groot ever smart?

Gamora has no arc in the movie, really. That's the real problem. All the other Guardians have arcs, even Ronan and Nebula have stronger arcs than Gamora.

She should have started off as a cold bitch who seems to want the orb for herself then we learn she is doing it for noble reasons, and we see the softer side of her emerge as she bonds with her team-mates.

>All the other Guardians have arcs
What arc does Raccon have?

>He also hates Nova and thinks the helmet is really fucking stupid
I hope they still make a Nova movie anyway, but it's a bummer that the director who introduced the Nova Corps to the MCU won't be pushing for it

> Syura from Space Harrier vs Zardoz...who wins?

He learns to trust others and give a fuck about the galaxy. Before GotG he only cared about himself (and Groot).

Fuck off.

I hope he bumps his shins into a low coffee table or something

> Made Groot stupid
Is he though? He didn't do anything flat out stupid, especially compared to Drax or even Quill

Groot was Naive, not stupid.

Also being complicit in the Guardians of the Galaxy overhaul of the Tower of Terror.