Is there any hope for the Captain Marvel movie?

Is there any hope for the Captain Marvel movie?

twitter.com/brielarson/status/762004851358248960

At least that's volume 1, i.e. the decent one.

>Captain Marvel jammies
That's cute

KSD gave them nothing to work with

comfy

Not unless Moonstone is in

They make all their actors do a picture like this to promote trade sales. Hopefully the actual movie just discards all of that trash.

They've hired incredibly good writers and have a great star, so yes.

No it isn't, that's the Lopez cover.

Why wouldn't there be?

That the volume she was in space with her cat

>implying those pictures mean something

I heard that Chris Evans had never even read a Captain America comic until recently, although he's a fan of Superman.

Makes no sense.

No it wasnt.

it get you excited, just like seeing Gunn reading old guardians of the galaxy runs and no Bendis shit.

>although he's a fan of Superman.
Close enough.

It's gonna be a fucking mess

No, it's not. Maybe post crisis Superman, but not the real Superman.

Unless you're in your late 40s then your Superman is Post-Crisis

I would kill for a DCEU Superman with the charisma of MCU Captain America

>do some dumb staged pic to give it some vague credibility for nerd hobbyist websites to fap to
>movie completely scuttles everything except for superficial details and major events that are deemed palatable enough for a movie, which for Carol isn't exactly a lot of things so basically a blank slate
>movie is mostly an original script that probably cribs Hal Jordan's origins a little too comfortably in terms of getting powers from an alien and getting into some kind of space law enforcement so she can be tough independent military lady + boilerplate MCU personality
>will fight a final boss that is basically the evil version of her in terms of powerset/origin

I like Brie, I don't hold it against her and I don't doubt that she's actually putting in work for researching for the role. Will probably be enjoyable but forgettable.

I wonder if this will have more OC's than Ant-Man

Sure, it's called waiting to see what happens. Naturally they're gonna give her free fairly current merch to promote it until they have movie material to work with

I hope the Ms. Marvel outfit shows up somehow

Obviously they'd just make fun of it.
Probably wouldn't even wear it.

>Karla is the bitch Shrink he gets Carol grounded and kicked off the War Bird flight team
>finds the Moonstone during the mid credits scene
This is really all I want.

Yup. Probably say something like "I'm not wearing this bathing suit! I'm a stronk independent womyn who don't need no man!"

So happy they showed this in love action so now we have proof that it looks like absolute shit outside of the comics and cartoons.

Does she peg fraction?

Do we actually see her wear it?

Yes, they did an iconic cover, frame for frame

Who's the demographic for this?

to be fair KSD didn't have much to work with in the first place

That's stupid. It just means she was given a complete clean sheet. Any great writer could've created an entire franchise out of it.

White females

We did, and it looked like complete garbage

She makes that couch look huge. Why'd they hire someone so small?

I wonder if it will have the same OCs as Ant-Man.

>incredibly good writers and star

>KSD didn't want to work with much in the first place

Fixed it for you. Because, come on, I STILL believe KSD decided to amnesia Carol because she didn't want to bother researching the character's history.

We had a successful bingo card for Civil War 2. Can we get a couple more going for Dr Strange and Captain Marvel?

She probably wanted it to be completely new reader friendly

At least they got a actress with breast.
Unlike the horrific casting for Lara Croft.
>Mother Fuckers!

no, the bingo is only for comics, the next one is about inhumans vs x-men

Post the CW2 bingo card please

who fucking asked for a carol danvers solo film?

The cosplay that will come from this flick will be hilarious

>10 seconds of footage
>Somehow proves something

We didn't even see completely. Just some scene with almost dark lighting

I sent it to Bendis too

How can the most attractive person there be the guy?

She looks like she's in a dyke roller derby team called The Problematic Crushers

>not liking amazon Carol

Actual confirmed faggot

Is that Aria Stark on the left?

You got a problem with Inside Out?

I would do any of them except that guy who looks like Arya Stark

Who's the beefy chick on the far right?

More than enough time to come to the conclusion that the suit doesn't work in live action, it was a nice little nod, but if she had that in the whole fucking movie if would have been awful. Even that few seconds of it was awful. I understand people trying to defend it, hell, I was one of the fags screaming for the classic shut until I actually saw it in the film. It's just not a good look dude, I'm sorry.

>not BelleChere
You might be gay, user.

The second to the right only. The rest of them are too male/ugly to fuck.

It was a "you blink you miss" moment, not enough to draw a conclusion

No, Ostrander's name showing up on the building was a Blink and you miss it moment, the cover shot they did showing Harley in her classic costume was much Much more obvious than a blink and you miss it.

Sorry user, but that costume only looks good in 2D.

You got eh completed one?

She also wrote the Good Dinosaur, in fact the Good Dinosaur is more indicative of her writing quality since she wrote that one by herself as opposed to Inside Out which she had two partners for.

The actress who plays Scarlet Witch was given House of M to read.

I don't know if Marvel actively wants to poison the mind of actors or if they think they won't read anything old.

Does she have any credit for shit that's not children movies?

No, she has only done screenplays for the good dinosaur and inside out but they also have the co-writer of GOTG on it too but looking into it it seems she did the initial script and then Gunn came in and basically redid it.

I don't think any of the actors actually read the comics except for publicity purposes.

As long as she avoids Avengers #200 and Carol's appearances in the Civil Wars, she'll be fine...

Why not? She should read how much of a clusterfuck the character has been throughout her history to know what to do and what not do.

So basically go full blown autistic murder mode

That doesn't mean you have to wipe the slate clean. You gradually introduce who the character is.

>Any KSD
>Decent

pffft

Then she's a shit writer.

With Marvel's track record? No.

Thats so cute hahaha

And funny!

They gave her the bare basic "I studied the source material" press release obligation but its funny because for Carol theres nothing to read!

As the characters get more obscure its funnier!

Captain Carol is her weakest cosplay though.

At least Kamala is cute. She is spared the embarrassment.

Guardians of the Galaxy was more obscure.

But it's been around for decades.

>It just means she was given a complete clean sheet.

Any writer will tell you there's nothing more frightening than a blank page.

Still doesn't make sense cause those were the old GOTG comics not the ones about the movie team. And Gunn is actually a reader.

It actually looked surprisingly good. It was kind of bizarre.

Might as well get a bingo going for MCU movies since they all hit the exact same beats and notes.

Guardians of the Galaxy at least had decades of good material to pull from. Carol has nothing. It's telling when they're introducing her in an Avengers movie first because they know no one would see her movie otherwise.

I have to disagree, it looked like a half baked cosplay get up. I mean, it's cool that you enjoyed that little nod to the fandom, because that was totally for you guys, but I just don't like it in 3D and am very glad that she didn't have that costume throughout the film.

>mfw never ever

It actually looks good too

That the point, Harley literally got the Jester costume out of a cheap costume store

I didn't think it would work either, but it's definitely believable within the confines of this movie that she would wear that. I do agree that it wouldn't have worked for the entire movie though, it clashes too much with the aesthetic they were going for for the Squad.

I think they pulled it off really well for the brief glimpse we got.

That is a fine looking cheeseburger.
Also, it might be cool. They managed to make me give a shit about any of the Avengers and their comics were always boring as fuck.

So has Carol. So has Marvel's Captain Marvel franchise.

>Guardians of the Galaxy at least had decades of good material to pull from
And yet they pulled from almost none of it beyond some vague similarities.

I always loved this panel. How 2 near godlike beings and a living nightmare can look scary as fuck

He pulled from a ton of stuff and not just GOTG he just didn't adapt any story directly.

The concept is still cool.

It's also funny that no one gives a shit about Marvel's extremely loose adaptations of their characters, but people lose their shit if Batman or Superman aren't exactly like their head cannon.

There was definitely a DnA/Giffen influence. The only characters that were really nothing like their comic versions were Yondu and Gamora. Everyone else was pretty close.

How about Starlord? He didn't really look like any version we have seen.

There is no hope for that movie.
You know why it exists, right?
It has nothing to do with pushing a female hero.
But if Marvel can FORCE her into the public consciousness, that would destroy any chances DC had to grab the title for their Captain Marvel.

That's the only reason Marvel is pushing Captain Carol at all.

>But if Marvel can FORCE her into the public consciousness, that would destroy any chances DC had to grab the title for their Captain Marvel.

That ship has sailed, DC is never getting the title back. It's funny though I've heard on the radio and in interviews when people mention a Captain Marvel movie is being made they all think it's Shazam. Literally no one gives a shit about Carol no matter how hoard they push her.

That was more on Gunn than the GOTG as a property

The nosleeve one seems alright.

>swashbuckling adventurer like classic version
>angst over his mom like classic version
>uses humor to mask his guilt like DnA version
>presents a foolish facade to keep people off their guard like DnA version

He was an amalgam

as long as no one gives her any copies of Civil War II...