How do I make films like him?

How do I make films like him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LSemmy5p5UE
youtu.be/wsI8UES59TM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Obtain a crippling case of autism and a supportive mommy gf

Be as pretentious, autistic, cringe, shallow in terms of filmmaking chops and boring as you can.

>Step 1: Be talented
>Step 2: Take initiative
>Step 3: Partner up with a producer who's willing to steal money from his clients to fund your work
>Step 4: Profit
Easy OP

>I'm already the former
>I have a strong fantasy for the latter
Is there a more /ourguy/ than Nicolas Wingding Teflon?

>ywn run into Refn carrying an over-sized loaf of bread like a baby on the side of the street
why even live senpai?

holy kek if only that shit in the comments actually happened. Based Refn

you should make films like you

>jawfu will never take you toy shopping

Name ONE (!) time Refn has done something cringey I'll wait.

>holding it like a baby
>tfw don't have your autism towel

have tons of style in your movies but no substance

>ywn a jawfu

Have talent, motivation, and good looks

get a power towel

>extended version
>with buttslap
thats a spicy refn

and share them with your bestfriends

Someone post refncuck.webm

look at the way she rapidly and intensely grabs his wrists in order to stop him, and nervously laughs about it with the women next to her

refns wife has to do the same thing as a form of damage control

after seeing the vibrating motion that gosling produces to the phallic pillow, young daughter immediately straddles it and calls her mother over to help complete the blatantly obvious sexual act

>has to do the same thing as a form of damage control
idk if she's in control of that cringe

from that day forward, she would always associate sex and love making with that ryan gosling, and their play together

it was the catalyst for her erotic awakening

no lewd pls

> that gosling produces to the phallic pillow
>the blatantly obvious sexual act

This thread is something else

Go to film school and put minimal thought and effort into your project films.

Who would win in an autism-off between Refn and m2k?

Refn is /ourguy/, by the way.
>threw a table at a wall in film school and got expelled, then re-did the scene in Bronson
>directed Drive even though he failed his driver's license exam like 7 times
>directed OGF only so he could visit toy shops in Thailand then got upset because his wife put his toys in the attic
>can't shoot his movies in non-chronological order
>color blind
>dyslexic
>lost virginity at 24
>proposed to his first girlfriend (now wife), she initially said no but kept the ring
>daughter doesn't call him Dad or Papa, calls him "Jang" the same nickname used by his adult friends and family
>believes in Thai ghosts because his daughter sees them and Jodo told him some spooky shit reading tarot cards
>tried to kill his stepmom but the gun didn't go off
>literally wears a towel when he's shooting a movie to keep his energy inside him or something
>can't pick his own clothes, wife does it for him
>Mads says he can't talk to him outside of movie sets because he can literally only talk about cinema
>keeps writing scenes about his characters going to hookers then getting limp, obvious self-insert
>cried during his first meeting with the Goose
>cried on live Danish TV
>said he now only watches movies on an iPhone
>has deluded himself into thinking he's close friend with David Lynch, randomly brings up "David" in conversations, while other people have no idea who he's talking about
>despite his wife trying her best to dress him correctly, he still attends event dressed like a teenager while everyone else is dressed properly
>almost got his now wife to run away on their second date because he told her he was going to show her a beautiful, emotional film and then forced her to watch The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
>has no chin

Who does Refn main in Melee?

One of those is outdated. He said he was only watching movies on his phone when he was doing promotion and production and stuff.

Jigglypuff

I want a wife like Liv

Absolutely Jiggs.

>almost got his now wife to run away on their second date because he told her he was going to show her a beautiful, emotional film and then forced her to watch The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
i thought all europeans are used to doing pretentious shit like that

Star Fox. He has a gun and probably looks like an obscure danish poster that Refn has in his obscure danish poster posterbook.

>use the quadrant system when you shoot all of your scenes
>use lots of bright neon colors for lighting
>pad your score with trendy synthpop and hire Cliff Martinez as your composer
>use lots of symbolism and visual allegories
>tell the story using visuals and write minimal dialogue

>Burst and bust and thrust into my seat, my hot cum stains my underwear.
>She continues to stare without changing her expression.
>My cum hardens in my underwear and it becomes crusty.
>She notions me to pull down my pants.
>I reluctantly do so as she reaches into my underwear.
>Her fingers are running through the unkempt garden bed of pubes.
>I let out a soft moan clenching my knees.
>She kisses my ear as I swear profusely.
>Refn enters
>He rests his lack of chin onto his neck and forms a square to check the angles.
>His huge cock is throbbing and Abbey has stopped brushing her teeth against my forest
>She reaches over to him and he slides his cock into my mouth
>Refn throbs inside my mouth while my tongue struggles to swirl around his Johnson.
>Abbey spreads her legs open gently stroking herself through her shorts. A small drop of sweat builds upon her brow.
>Refn bites his lips to form a devlish smile and yanks my head so his knob reaches my throat
>Saliva dripping out of my mouth I get another erection.
>Abbey goes down and kisses my tiny cock.
>Softly along the shaft, she pats my knob and asks if "Are you a good boy?"
>She pouts as she plays with my cute yet disgraceful penis.
>Refn leans back and laughs then hums the soundtrack to Valhalla Rising
>Tears are building as Refns cock is penetrating my cheeks
>Abbey wraps her lips around my pathetic knob and slips one of her dainty fingers into my shitstained asshole.
>I come instantly
>I bite Refns wood in ecstasy
>He slowly pulls out of my mouth
>Each inch taking 10 seconds
>Abbey spits my cum back into my asshole and uses my pubes as a washcloth.
>The crusty pubes snap at any sign of pressure.
>Refn with his classic skinny tie unbuttons the last two buttons on his shirt revealing his glorious yet hairless sexgut.
>Abbey slips off her shorts and panties revealing her huge clit that looks like a miniscule penis.
>I get hard again after seeing her micropenis become aroused

pic related

>tfw no Refn streams with "lol nwr" moments
We'll have to settle for lol m2k for now.

>Abby Lee will never bully you as she milks you repeatedly; laughing at how uncomfortable it has become after the third or so time, delighting in your attempts to avoid becoming aroused

she is the perfect girl for this

youtube.com/watch?v=LSemmy5p5UE
Was it autism?

nah just your typical edgy aussie

>yfw based Goose will never be your best friend who you make misunderstood works of art with
JDIMSA

literally this but on the go

Learn some incredible use of lighting and then get a bunch of vaccines to become majorly autistic.

what the fuck am i watching? this is like an episode of hollyoaks or something
is this satire? i don't think i "get" it

am I having a brain bubble this is a confusing interview

REFN NOOOOO

holy fuck

*BLOCKS YOUR HIGH FIVE

take overly long shots of scenes completely illuminated by a single color where nothing happens with brief scenes of extreme gore

pleb detected

Cut your shot into segments
youtu.be/wsI8UES59TM

Sidenote:is anyone aware of a movie analysis channel whose videos are longer than 10 minutes max?

what was he talking about in that webm?

Only God Forgives. About 2/3rd through production

OGF while he was editing it.

be a hack.

marvelfag

damage your frontal lobe in any number of ways

oh wow

>I wanted to show to everyone else that having any kind of handicap can also be a blessing. And anything that's normal is so fucking uninteresting. 'Cause I didn't learn to read until I was 13 but no one knew I had a dilemma until I was 7 or 8 because I could memorize everything and I could recite it so people thought I was reading. Then I got caught. And then I had to spend my whole fucking school years going in special schools for dyslexia which is like...you know, I've always made for something great, I was made for something different, I was made for something grand. So I didn't belong there.

>Seeing is understanding. But it's still subliminal because cinema is really not about what we see, it's about what we don't see. Creativity is about a two-way experience where you experience something that plants a seed that it then deliver back in to whatever it is you're experiencing. And it becomes this circular movement that basically travels with you for the rest of your life. It defines you, forms you, inspires you, scares you. And in that world good and bad has no meaning, because in the world of this revolution everything is acceptable, everything is common, and there is something for everyone. That kind of world is where I come from because it's the future. And I've always felt I came from the future.

>I've only really known one woman. And I was out buying her a pair of shoes and she kept on trying the same two pairs on and I was like, "What is wrong with her? Can she not see that's the same pair of shoes?" And my wife says, "Oh my God, you're color blind!" 'Cause apparently they were two different colors.

>I don't have any idea of how I would like everyone else to see what I see. I think that it's...I want them more to react. You know, I made a film about beauty and insanity. And I want it to be about women because I wanted to make a film about a 16 year old girl. And I believe there's a 16 year old girl in every man so this was my version of it.

>You can kind of say that with Drive, I reached a kind of height of male fetish. I made 3 movies about a silent warrior. Mads Mikkelsen played him in Valhalla Rising, Ryan played him in Drive and Vithaya played him in Only God Forgives. The other characters in my films certainly from, you know, Only God Forgives and going into Neon Demon, there's a very fetishization of, of many elements of inside of me. But I'm going to leave that to the experts to find because I don't want to sound too much like an asshole.

>I was struggle in the beginning because I was making movies more based on how I would like to be perceived. Thought I was born to be the greatest filmmaker of all time and I sadly realized I wasn't. But then I decided on something else, that with the films I made I was going to be the best at 'em. And I want to teach my children and all the other people around me that we spend so much time trying to fit in for all the wrong reasons. And in terms of the creativity, it's not about that. It's about the exact opposite. But that takes a lot of fucking guts. So it's all about this mathematical approach to forcing yourself to be as instinctually fearless as possible. And the only rule of the game is make sure it makes money. And you do that by basically approaching as I do, every movie as if it's gonna be the last movie. Because if you're gonna go out, you're gonna go out with a bang.

He is an auteur

>Pusher 1 is like post-punk. Bleeder is glam rock. Fear X is Eno, who ended up making the music for the movie. Pusher II was Iron Maiden. Pusher 3 was Neil Diamond. Bronson was Pet Shop Boys. Valhalla Rising - Einstürzende Neubauten. So I can only write a movie when I know what it's going to sound like.

>How do I make films like him?

By removing your chin.

>"Red means death...and beauty."

Who was in the wrong here?

Von shit tier

I'm always worried that he will cast Cara Deviligne i'm glad he never has.

drive is better than anything lars von trier has or ever will direct.

Make thinly-veiled Le Samourai rip-offs.

He's my hero.

Only watch arthouse films from this point forward

Silent leads

Hire other autists. Abbey Lee goose and Oscar Isaac. Then Keanu.

But they always make me depressed...

I now love this man! He's like a much more lovable and goofy version of Quentin Tarantino. I feel like Edgar Wright would smell of weed and not shower, Quentin would be cool but his taste could be a little wonky, Refn would be your bro until the end.